P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Summoning
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Best Summoning album?
Lugburz
14%
 14%  [ 19 ]
Minas Morgul
23%
 23%  [ 30 ]
Dol Guldur
18%
 18%  [ 24 ]
Nighshade Forests
6%
 6%  [ 8 ]
Stronghold
19%
 19%  [ 25 ]
Let Mortal Heroes...
8%
 8%  [ 11 ]
Oath Bound
9%
 9%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 129

Warcrust

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Summoning Reply with quote

The new one is coming, till then which one is your favourite Summoning record? Flawless discography. I didn't vote myself yet, very hard choice...
NuclearGoatVomit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's with all the polls, maaan.....
nileppez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather have polls than shitty 'appreciation threads' which makes me think of overweight uspm nerds sucking eachothers dicks unless one would bravely dare to come out with opinion that The X Album is more of 8.25ish than a solid 8.5/10 record, and besides that he recently had a thought that Y vocalist was superior on The Y album anyway, which obviously ends up in massive shitstorm and his ostracism from the community.

Nostalgia voted for Dol Guldur.
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This place has polls of steel. Polls of steel. Polls polls polls polls polls...

Dol Guldur was my first, and it does have a very magical atmosphere about it, I guess that one stuck as the best for me. However, Stronghold was a huge album when it came out and I couldn't get Long Lost To Where No Pathway Goes out of my head for months. Their most guitar driven work certainly. There's a very painful missing of a note on Where Hope And Daylight Die by the female singer, but a minor flaw on such a great album... (2:12, OUUUUCH!).

Minas Morgul by the way, is a strange one. The first half of the album is far worse than the latter half, where it clearly gets more interesting. This is one of those bands that I periodically play in chronological order.
AphoticCatechism

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: I'm stupid and have no reading comprehension skills.

On topic:
Hard fucking choice, but had to go with Let Mortal Heroes...

Last edited by AphoticCatechism on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better polls and discussion on actual metal bands than gay threads about cutting yourself for Justin Bieber.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed! And the mighty STRONGHOLD is my favorite!
spectre

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So When I first heard Minas Morgul, I can't say I really cared for it. Overtime thought I must say that that album has really grown on me. I'm not sure how I feel about Summoning as a whole yet cause I'm really only into Minas Morgul. I'm interested to see the results of this poll; Might have to track down the leading album. Need to hear Minas Morgul now...
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spectre wrote:
So When I first heard Minas Morgul, I can't say I really cared for it. Overtime thought I must say that that album has really grown on me. I'm not sure how I feel about Summoning as a whole yet cause I'm really only into Minas Morgul. I'm interested to see the results of this poll; Might have to track down the leading album. Need to hear Minas Morgul now...

You can't really go wrong with any Summoning material. Lugburz isn't quite as good or well developed as the rest though - more standard bm than the stellar records to come later.
Heirophant.326.AV

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oath Bound is a brilliant album - more Martial Industrial than BM in that that there is not much guitar on it. I like them all, but I think the latest is the winner.
nileppez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heirophant.326.AV wrote:
Oath Bound is a brilliant album - more Martial Industrial than BM in that that there is not much guitar on it. I like them all, but I think the latest is the winner.

Yeah, I probably would have voted if it wasn't for memories coming with Dol Guldur. I don't know why people think it's average album (besides Land of the Dea praise).
Karu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was very hard for me to pick only one favourite out of these close to perfect albums, but I chose Nightshade Forests.
Mikk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summoning used to be my favourite black metal band. I think I own everything by them except for their latest album. Haven't listened to them in a long time but I still rate them very highly. Hard to pick, but I went with Minas Morgul.
I like black metal, I also like other genres of music, I am listening to Death In June right now, and later I will be playing some NON, or maybe some Hank Williams Sr., you wanna know why? Because fuck you, that's why.
Karu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nileppez wrote:
Heirophant.326.AV wrote:

Yeah, I probably would have voted if it wasn't for memories coming with Dol Guldur. I don't know why people think it's average album (besides Land of the Dea praise).

I don't understand why almost everyone think that Land of the Dead is the best song of Summoning. Don't get me wrong, it's a great song, but in my opinion it isn't even near of being the best song in Oath Bound, let alone the best song in the whole discography.
Frozen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NuclearGoatVomit wrote:
What's with all the polls, maaan.....

Sorry about that Laughing

Minas Morgul is the only Summoning I've listened to properly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: