P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Grotesque In the Embrace of Evil reissue
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psalmanazar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject: Grotesque In the Embrace of Evil reissue Reply with quote

Just got this on CD finally after years of waiting. I avoided the Century Media and Back on Black 2x LP pressings as this was never on vinyl back in the day so why would I want an inferior, analog Khyber Pass copy of a CD? A needle drop in reverse. Good job Candlelight for not fucking up the sound with any "remastering" for once.

Now all we need is an LP reissue of the Incantation EP from the original tapes , Liers in Wait back in print with the original art, and how about reprinting Dismember without slamming the levels to the point of clipping? The digipack reissues of Like an Ever Flowing Stream sound horrible.
Impudicus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can it be that it's always the reissues being reMASTERED for full audio experience ruining it for everyone. I remember buying some kingdiamonds "back in the day" that'd sound horrid.

In the issue here, I got the "old" version of In the Embrace of Evil w/ Incantation http://www.discogs.com/Grotesque-In-The-Embrace-Of-Evil/release/2382692 and its all you need really.
drinks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there multiple editions? I notice some sites specifying "jewel case version", while Osmose for example says "crystal box" (like the original pressing of the Tribulation debut, those weird cases with rounded corners?)

Also, Plastichead has a Hammerheart CD pressing up for preorder, release date next month.
AOD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impudicus wrote:
In the issue here, I got the "old" version of In the Embrace of Evil w/ Incantation http://www.discogs.com/Grotesque-In-The-Embrace-Of-Evil/release/2382692 and its all you need really.

The versions on the "Incantation" 12" sound different, cause they are different mixes:

http://blacktrack74.myblog.de/blacktrack74/art/8430933/Grotesque-1990-Incantation-Dolores-Records-DOL-004-

I don't understand why they never took the chance to add the original mixes as bonus to the CD....there is some space left.
Nebel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drinks wrote:
Are there multiple editions? I notice some sites specifying "jewel case version", while Osmose for example says "crystal box" (like the original pressing of the Tribulation debut, those weird cases with rounded corners?)

Also, Plastichead has a Hammerheart CD pressing up for preorder, release date next month.

Osmose also advertised the Disastrous Murmur repress as a crystal box but it was a jewelcase.
Impudicus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AOD wrote:
Impudicus wrote:

The versions on the "Incantation" 12" sound different, cause they are different mixes:

http://blacktrack74.myblog.de/blacktrack74/art/8430933/Grotesque-1990-Incantation-Dolores-Records-DOL-004-

I don't understand why they never took the chance to add the original mixes as bonus to the CD....there is some space left.

Was not aware there'd be another mix in these tracks. I used to have the digipak CD back in the day, too. Can't recall that sounding different to the LP I have. I must hear the Incantation mlp then!
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the back on black version still floating around?

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

boogs

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep still available. Hammerheart pressing on single LP coming soon too for whatever reason... The BoB pressing is much better than the Centruy Media one.
Psalmanazar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boogs wrote:
yep still available. Hammerheart pressing on single LP coming soon too for whatever reason... The BoB pressing is much better than the Centruy Media one.

50 Minute LP... Hammerheart are the same guys who reissued None So Vile as "None To Vile." Sammath's Godless Arrogance was their only recent release that interested me and I still shied away from the LP.

Century Media put out the Massacra demos as a 55 minute LP and print the current brickwalled Earache CDs to wax to compete with Earache's reissues from the tapes. I accidentally picked up their reissue of Dark Recollections instead of Earache's and it sounded awful.
Acid Orgy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boogs wrote:
The BoB pressing is much better than the Centruy Media one.

Really? The CM version must look terrible then: the cover of the BoB version is blurred to death.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acid Orgy wrote:
boogs wrote:
The BoB pressing is much better than the Centruy Media one.

Really? The CM version must look terrible then: the cover of the BoB version is blurred to death.

There is absolutely nothing wrong on the CM version. Covers look like they should and sound is good. Of course I bet there is something fucked up that the audiophiles don't like but I don't care about that.
boogs

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the CM version has distortion going on throughout, main reason why I sold it.
Psalmanazar wrote:
Century Media put out the Massacra demos as a 55 minute LP and print the current brickwalled Earache CDs to wax to compete with Earache's reissues from the tapes. I accidentally picked up their reissue of Dark Recollections instead of Earache's and it sounded awful.

absolute bullshit. The Carnage LP sounds 1:1 identical to the FDR pressing by Earache and the other releases weren't ripped from brickwalled CDs. Anyone who makes these claims clearly hasn't listened to any of these releases or just eats the bullshit Earache are feeding them with their pseudo FDR "audiophile" campaign...
and the Massacra demo LP sounds good despite being 55 mins.

Last edited by boogs on Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Tireheb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some records do require to be washed before they should be played. Specially GZ made records.
boogs

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no amount of clean will bring that back and GZ records just sound the way they do which doesn't help either here.
eldera777

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Is the back on black version still floating around?

http://www.hrrshop.de/GROTESQUE-In-the-Embrace-of-Evil-DLP-RED_1

http://shop.ironbonehead.de/en/lps-/11938-grotesque-swe-in-the-embrace-of-evil-gatefold-d-lp.html?search_query=grotesque&results=7
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: