P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

USPS postage increase Jan 27th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus Christ, not only are you a massive troll, but a retard(o) as well. Please show yourself to the door little one... You are essentially the epitome of everything that sucks about this forum. How about I mail you a double boxed piece of shit for your sorrows, will that help? I can assure you in this scenario, you'll see no mashed edges and all peanuts will remain in place just as you bottom feeders prefer Very Happy

Sadly, third world retards will always miss the point... And on that note I'm done. Now go ahead retardO, squeeze in your worthless final thought. The world anxiously awaits your insight ....
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get those internationals out by tomorrow or expect a nasty surprise
vorfeed

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

captainretardo wrote:
lol, Newwwwwmannn?

No, I don't work for the post office; I was just tired of reading about lordoftherim's first-world problems, two of which I had the unfortunate luck to stumble upon in quick succession. The other one details his horrifying experience of receiving goods in a timely manner from a seller, which was delivered in acceptable condition, but which wasn't double boxed!! Then I saw this one, which calls for a boycott over receiving a letter with brown edges, which was delivered with an apology.

I once got a mangled letter like this with cash for an order in it. The cash and letter floated happily in the middle of the "sorry we tore your letter!" plastic bag, all the way through the mail system into my hands. Shocked
.aske

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallen_Empire wrote:

Please elaborate.
outlaw-recordings

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

captainretardo wrote:
The other one details his horrifying experience of receiving goods in a timely manner from a seller, which was delivered in acceptable condition, but which wasn't double boxed!!

Hilarious! Seeing things like this on here remind me of exactly why I've hesitated to announce any of my releases on this forum recently. Double box mania and fear of corner dings are not interesting to me! But we've had that discussion elsewhere.

Back to the original topic, the rates are set to increase tomorrow, I'll be interested to see if that international tracking really happens. I looked at the USPS site last night and for the First Class Package service (replacing the First Class Mail International) it didn't say anything about tracking being on it, but did still offer the very unreasonable $12 registered mail option for those who don't want to worry about Paypal claims! I'm very jealous of those who have access to the Deutsche Post who somehow managed to figure out how to send LPs worldwide with tracking numbers for under 6 Euros. I wish they could show the USPS how this could actually be an option in their system if they wanted it to be!
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay let me clear the air a little here... I normally DO NOT GIVE TWO SHITS ABOUT DOUBLE BOXING. I asked this individual to double box because it was an expensive purchase and I did not want to receive an LP coming from Europe to the USA totally fucked up as I normally do. is it REALLY that hard to conceive that after paying a fair sum, one might want to receive an item in similar condition as to what it was described as at time of purchase, or do you want to pay for something that is rated M- only to receive it in VG or so condition? (again keep in mind, we are not paying normal retail prices here, but instead inflated "collectors" prices if you will.... AM I TAKING CRAZY PILLS HERE??? anyhow, considering what I know about the (poor) quality of mailers available to European consumers coupled will a long list of damaged items as of late, I CASUALLY asked if he minded double boxing (Better safe than sorry as I have been in the past) and I ALSO offered to cover ALL expenses related to this as well. MERELY A SUGGESTION WITH OFFER TO COVER ALL EXPENSES. please note that. anyhow, I also said if this is not possible (which is totally understandable) I simply requested to please use cardboard stiffeners inside the mailer as some means to protect the album a little more than it would have been in the soft euro mailer alone. before you folks jump to conclusion, perhaps you can go read my detailed post in the people to avoid section. I was perhaps a little annoyed at the time of posting, but I think any rational being after reading would understand the frustration

and yeah outlaw recordings, though you chimed in your opinion without reading the background story, I have to agree with you. you SHOULD be hesitant about what you post on here
morbiddeceiver

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since rates are going up tomorrow does anyone know if I print a postage label today (for a eBay transaction) can I ship the item next week? Will the postal office go by the date on the label or the day it was shipped to determine the cost to ship the item?
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.aske wrote:
Fallen_Empire wrote:

Please elaborate.

Today:

Monday:

New rates are slightly cheaper if you do online postage, but they are still way more expensive. It may be worth it to look into adjusting packaging methods for cassettes and EPs so that they can be shipped as 'flats', as the rates are much better in such a case.

Quote:
The words large envelopes and flats are used interchangeably. Whatever you call them, flats must:

- Have one dimension that is greater than 6-1/8 inches high OR 11- inches long OR inch thick.
- Be no more than 12 inches high x 15 inches long x inch thick.

Price chart for those are here: https://www.usps.com/2013/prices/fcmi-flats-pg-1-9.xls
darkdescentrecords

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah you can print your label and it is fine to bring to the post a week later. I printed postage before and had it sit here a month before i dropped it off because i was waiting for payment and even that was no problem.
morbiddeceiver

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkdescentrecords wrote:
Yeah you can print your label and it is fine to bring to the post a week later. I printed postage before and had it sit here a month before i dropped it off because i was waiting for payment and even that was no problem.

Good to know. I'm expecting some payments from buyers with very high feedback and I want to print out the labels while I can for the price I quoted them.
outlaw-recordings

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordoftherim wrote:
okay let me clear the air a little here... I normally DO NOT GIVE TWO SHITS ABOUT DOUBLE BOXING. I asked this individual to double box because it was an expensive purchase and I did not want to receive an LP coming from Europe to the USA totally fucked up as I normally do. is it REALLY that hard to conceive that after paying a fair sum, one might want to receive an item in similar condition as to what it was described as at time of purchase, or do you want to pay for something that is rated M- only to receive it in VG or so condition? (again keep in mind, we are not paying normal retail prices here, but instead inflated "collectors" prices if you will.... AM I TAKING CRAZY PILLS HERE??? anyhow, considering what I know about the (poor) quality of mailers available to European consumers coupled will a long list of damaged items as of late, I CASUALLY asked if he minded double boxing (Better safe than sorry as I have been in the past) and I ALSO offered to cover ALL expenses related to this as well. MERELY A SUGGESTION WITH OFFER TO COVER ALL EXPENSES. please note that. anyhow, I also said if this is not possible (which is totally understandable) I simply requested to please use cardboard stiffeners inside the mailer as some means to protect the album a little more than it would have been in the soft euro mailer alone. before you folks jump to conclusion, perhaps you can go read my detailed post in the people to avoid section. I was perhaps a little annoyed at the time of posting, but I think any rational being after reading would understand the frustration

and yeah outlaw recordings, though you chimed in your opinion without reading the background story, I have to agree with you. you SHOULD be hesitant about what you post on here

Gotcha, and your explanation is appreciated and makes sense. I do agree that if you're paying a lot for a record then it should have some extra precautions taken, especially if you're offering to cover those extra expenses. But expecting a seller to double box and handle some $10 record that came out last week or making a paypal claim because of corner dings on a $10 new release that doesn't arrive 'perfect' just gets silly.

I mean, all vinyls are great items and deserve reasonable care when shipping, so I'm not saying the price shouldn't dictate the handling, but it all just gets too crazy with the neurotic fear of corner dings. We all need to learn to live with imperfections. That's life.

But again... I don't want to highjack this thread to get side tracked, I want to read what others have posted about the postage rates!
outlaw-recordings

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn... so a 1 LB package to Europe that used to be $11.60 will now be $16.75!!!?? A $5.65 increase!?

Bottom line is: that sucks.
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say "convenience store." We lived above it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outlaw-recordings wrote:
Damn... so a 1 LB package to Europe that used to be $11.60 will now be $16.75!!!?? A $5.65 increase!?

Bottom line is: that sucks.

Yup. I just spent my week packing up all pending international orders & trades & shipping them out, otherwise I would have ended up spending hundreds more on shipping.

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
DSS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google: canada post shipping rates
And you will find sites like this one: http://www.smallartworks.ca/Articles/Postalrates.html

Just read how much we have to pay for shipping. You might as well drive to the location and deliver the damn thing yourself in some cases!
scentofdeath

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSS wrote:
Google: canada post shipping rates
And you will find sites like this one: http://www.smallartworks.ca/Articles/Postalrates.html

Just read how much we have to pay for shipping. You might as well drive to the location and deliver the damn thing yourself in some cases!

This is well known by any Canadian who ever entered a post office.
They are cocksuckers, and squeeze every dollar they can off the people, for their own fat asses. They also keep prices just under courier services to stay in business, and they really don't have excuses. Shameless cunts.

I remember December, a guy in front of me in line at the post office who was sending a letter, a fucking small envelope, and needed it there in 3 days max (inside Canada). The look on that guy's face when they said "that will be $58". No one can explain that price for a small envelope letter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 9 of 22

Jump to: