P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

USPS postage increase Jan 27th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sawislaw



Joined: 09 Apr 2012
Posts: 54

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still free shipping via Horror Pain Gore Death: www.horrorpaingoredeath.tk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PFL



Joined: 29 May 2009
Posts: 174

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:
Just got a discogs order to be shipped to the US and tried out the postage calculator - for ONE SEVEN INCH - it will be $19 from Canada to the US. Airmail small packet doesn't even exist anymore.....

Mate, that's fucked....


Or when mailing a 7" from Canada to the U.S., you can send it as an oversize letter (in a bubble envelope), and depending on the weight, this way it could cost between $3.60 (if it's no more than 200grams) to just under $6 (if sent as a light packet and doesn't exceed 250grams). Of course, at the same time since you are sending this in a bubble mailer, you want to make sure it's protected as well too as best as possible (I've gotten away with wrapping 7"s in two pieces of cardboard and putting that in the bubble mailer and sending it as a letter).

The key to Canada Post is knowing all the short cuts you can take. And making sure you are friendly with your postal clerk. I mean, I can write a novel on this alone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Professor Black



Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 2136
Location: Evil Nation USA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFL wrote:
And making sure you are friendly with your postal clerk. I mean, I can write a novel on this alone.


or the screenplay for the romantic comedy hit of 2014...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Professor Black



Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 2136
Location: Evil Nation USA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously though, is that the only place those judgment calls get made? I wonder about that stuff.

Does someone/something actually check the weight of stuff with internet postage? Is there an over/under tolerance? Anyone who uses Stamps.com or Endicia have something returned for insufficient postage?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fallen_Empire
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My postal clerks usually check the make sure my weight is accurate before mailing. I've had to pay more at the PO before because my weight was off.
Back to top
outlaw-recordings



Joined: 20 Mar 2010
Posts: 848

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallen_Empire wrote:
My postal clerks usually check the make sure my weight is accurate before mailing. I've had to pay more at the PO before because my weight was off.


So have I.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
darkdescentrecords



Joined: 25 Nov 2009
Posts: 2815

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not me. Though I usually overwhelm them with a large cart full of stuff and thwy all know me, so it even helps me avoid lines too.
_________________
http://www.darkdescentrecords.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Kaos



Joined: 26 Mar 2010
Posts: 442
Location: USA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Black wrote:
Does someone/something actually check the weight of stuff with internet postage? Is there an over/under tolerance? Anyone who uses Stamps.com or Endicia have something returned for insufficient postage?

Never.

Your scale just needs to be properly calibrated.
_________________
333
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
abscess



Joined: 27 Dec 2007
Posts: 166
Location: RI

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a USPS related question.

I was checking on some packages I sent recently with Delivery Confirmation in the USA. One of the packages says "Missent" as it's most recent update.

Only info I can find about it on USPS.com is this:

"missent/misdirected mail - Mail that has not been dispatched according to official schemes, schedules, or special orders. (Compare with error)"

Can anyone here elaborate on what this means?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
little_raven



Joined: 17 Aug 2011
Posts: 1007

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After some months, I finally ordered a CD from to States to Argentina, got charged $12 on shipping where it used to be just $6. Is that accurate?
_________________
IXTAB wrote:
Lots or retarded shit on the forum today.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
drinks



Joined: 15 May 2011
Posts: 847

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

little_raven wrote:
After some months, I finally ordered a CD from to States to Argentina, got charged $12 on shipping where it used to be just $6. Is that accurate?

Unfortunately yes.... a 5 oz. package via first class international now costs $12.15.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
little_raven



Joined: 17 Aug 2011
Posts: 1007

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drinks wrote:
little_raven wrote:
After some months, I finally ordered a CD from to States to Argentina, got charged $12 on shipping where it used to be just $6. Is that accurate?

Unfortunately yes.... a 5 oz. package via first class international now costs $12.15.


Guess it's time to go "any EU distros getting this?" then Laughing
_________________
IXTAB wrote:
Lots or retarded shit on the forum today.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Descension



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 3560

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abscess wrote:
I have a USPS related question.

I was checking on some packages I sent recently with Delivery Confirmation in the USA. One of the packages says "Missent" as it's most recent update.

Only info I can find about it on USPS.com is this:

"missent/misdirected mail - Mail that has not been dispatched according to official schemes, schedules, or special orders. (Compare with error)"

Can anyone here elaborate on what this means?

They fucked up. But they are quick to sort missent parcels so don't worry. It has been logged as such, so they are aware of the situation. This will delay the parcel by an extra 1-5 days.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
abscess



Joined: 27 Dec 2007
Posts: 166
Location: RI

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Descension wrote:
abscess wrote:
I have a USPS related question.

I was checking on some packages I sent recently with Delivery Confirmation in the USA. One of the packages says "Missent" as it's most recent update.

Only info I can find about it on USPS.com is this:

"missent/misdirected mail - Mail that has not been dispatched according to official schemes, schedules, or special orders. (Compare with error)"

Can anyone here elaborate on what this means?

They fucked up. But they are quick to sort missent parcels so don't worry. It has been logged as such, so they are aware of the situation. This will delay the parcel by an extra 1-5 days.


Okay. Thanks for the info! Much appreciated!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Demonhood



Joined: 11 Jun 2012
Posts: 83

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tip;

Duplicate Records offer free shipping on European orders of 60 euros and upwards and 50% off shipping on overseas orders of 50 euros and upwards;

http://duplicate-records.com/mailorder.htm

Offer valid through february.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 19 of 22

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group