P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Bestial Warlust appreciation.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hellbomber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easily in my personal top 10.
Vengeance was on my turntable for about 2 months strait at one point.
I should do it again.
Thanxxx for this thread. Gonna spin it whenI go home Twisted Evil
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first 2 albums are fucking excellent for different reasons. Vengeance is totally unhinged and makes me feel basically psychotic and the second one is, as previously said, a lot more controlled and refined. But I like it all. I haven't heard Satan's Fist but I'm looking forward to it.

Killer band!
WindsOfApocalypse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood & Valour is great as well, just a different animal. It's too bad it sometimes gets overlooked, the riffs are killer. Satan's Fist is really good as well, just further down the Blood & Valour road.
JoeAversario

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need vengeance on cd! Someone needs to repress! Can only find on ebay for 40+. I'll pay for it eventually...that album is my favorite of warlust
Acid Orgy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeAversario wrote:
I need vengeance on cd! Someone needs to repress! Can only find on ebay for 40+. I'll pay for it eventually...that album is my favorite of warlust

http://www.discogs.com/buy/CD/Bestial-Warlust-Vengeance-War-Till-Death/85809214?ev=bp_rel_det
BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorites. Was great to see 'Holocaust Wolves of the Apocalypse' at Sacrifice of the Nazarene Child 8 - basically the Sanguis Imperem guys playing Bestial Warlust songs with Damon on vocals. Sounded identical to the records to my ears.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One of my favorites. Was great to see 'Holocaust Wolves of the Apocalypse' at Sacrifice of the Nazarene Child 8 - basically the Sanguis Imperem guys playing Bestial Warlust songs with Damon on vocals. Sounded identical to the records to my ears.

I got to see them rehearse in Sadistic Intent's reh room. They sounded massive. I wish they would reform and record a new album.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

pentfixion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS wrote:

I missed out on this performance that night Sad

No regrets though!
templedclxvi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS wrote:

my ears basically produced saliva when I read about that gig
triskelion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Vengeance War Till Death" = one of the most ferocious records ever!

I agree, you can add KRISIUN-Black Force Domain- and ANGEL CORPSE -Exterminate-

http://soldatsinconnus.free.fr/
INEXORABLE EXTERMINATION

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in 1995 when I was 1st living in Kansas City attempting some far flung idea about starting a band with an ex-OFC member a phone call came to the (bands) house..... and it was Damon on the phone...he was attempting to reach Pete...but I happened to pick up the call, anyways we chatted a bit and i gave him our house address so he could send the new BW demo that he was basically calling about...unfortunately I no longer have a copy of this tape but it was 4 songs from what was to become part of BLOOD AND VALOUR, just a lot more harsh in the sound, more like the 1st album...anyone out there lucky to have also gotten one of those tapes has a great snapshot of the bands sound as they transitioned from the debut lineup and the sophmore albums sound...too bad this stuff couldn't have been included along with the "Satans Fist" release...

Anyways, I've always held the opinion that in the wake of bands like BLASPHEMY and BEHERIT that BESTIAL WARLUST surely reinvigorated this sort of "warlike" noisy black death metal...and in some/most of the "leading" war-metal associated bands thereafter even up to today clearly owe much to some of the groundwork laid down on all BW stuff...I guess i can toss in the demo and then debut mcd from DESTROYER 666 in all of this as well since a bit of that was rolled over from BW anyways(some great old videos around of BW performing "Eternal Glory of War")...
moonan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorrificProphecies wrote:
the coming of blood angel wrote:
Both albums need a vinyl repress.
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't hear any Deicide influence in BW to be honest... that also might be cause I loathe florida death metal (besides early morbid angel) haha, that's just me though.

Would love to see a bestial warlust reunion as well, probably not gonna happen though Sad
nonwave

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when the first rancid, obliterated blast beats of the first bestial warlust album punished my ears back in 97 or whatever, i knew i was in for a treat. hey, sounds of death gave it 10 fucking skulls! they were right. they stopped being right about that kind of shit soon after though . . .

the two BW albums are really different. they're apples and oranges. i like them both for different reasons, but the first one was really stunning when it came out. there wasn't much else like it in the scene. still isn't.
multicide

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOCcFscp9m8 the guy on the far right that comes in at about 0:43 is a fucking maniac!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: