P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Hungarian scene
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
S.P.



Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 824
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the bands here are pretty good, I at least enjoyed Lepra a lot: http://sigillvmtenebrae.webs.com/innerawakening.htm
_________________
http://behest.netii.net | http://behestzine.tictail.com

Ruho 7" EP now available https://soundcloud.com/dtbrex/ruho-vangittu
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Aszfargoth



Joined: 07 May 2011
Posts: 278

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warcrust wrote:
ADK wrote:
FANTOM was the best older band besides TORMENTOR that I ever heard from Hungary.


Yeah in case of older bands I also think Fantom was the best after Tormentor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31gfYrWF0TU

Angel Reaper also is worth to check:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yxj_vbq2uY

An Angel Reaper compilation CD released 2 years ago on Metal Ör Die with all the 3 demos.


While Tormentor are brilliant, Fantom great, and Angel Reaper very good (I've always found the way of constructing melodies in early Hungarian extreme metal to be very interesting, unique even), Detonátor's excellent 1990 demo tape also needs to be mentioned in this context: http://youtu.be/NEbcvMkvOb4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HvS



Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 170
Location: Switzerland

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are quiet a few really good bands there..

For example the already mentioned Sigillvm Tenebrae bands but also Death Metal like like Gravecrusher, Necrosodomy or Age of Agony

Or of course more violent stuff like Warkult and Qassam
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NihilisticWinter



Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Posts: 25

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S.P. wrote:
Most of the bands here are pretty good, I at least enjoyed Lepra a lot: http://sigillvmtenebrae.webs.com/innerawakening.htm


What I've heard of Dunkelheit is quite good, I'm interested in checking out the other bands in that circle.
_________________
Nihilistic Winter Productions
Facebook
Storenvy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Necrosathanas



Joined: 03 Jan 2011
Posts: 739
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pokolgép, Ossian and Tormentor. Other stuff really doesn't come in mind right now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Xeniteia



Joined: 13 Feb 2008
Posts: 1449
Location: Rhône Valley, France

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from the old classics, I have a couple of WITCHCRAFT demos that are solid Black-Metal IMO. They may not be a groundbreaking band, but aquite good in this norsecore style.
_________________
Scrutare et vide quia propheta a Galilaea non surgit!
http://www.discogs.com/seller/Xeniteia
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Warcrust



Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Posts: 469
Location: Hungary

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xeniteia wrote:
Aside from the old classics, I have a couple of WITCHCRAFT demos that are solid Black-Metal IMO. They may not be a groundbreaking band, but aquite good in this norsecore style.


They have a new album out available on LP, CD, MC if anyone is interested. Yeah quite a good band.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AmaLurra



Joined: 13 Mar 2010
Posts: 1948
Location: UK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Massive appreciation must go towards the early Sear Bliss records. Great music!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Karu



Joined: 05 Apr 2012
Posts: 370
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nefarious, Sear Bliss, Marblebog & Forest Silence are great.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Warcrust



Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Posts: 469
Location: Hungary

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just listened Pokolgep after this topic yesterday. Still how fucking cool they are (the first 3 records).

Best song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFE0iRWipoQ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bvr



Joined: 18 Sep 2012
Posts: 102

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurea Aetas is pretty fucking sick. As for the more recent stuff, Witchcraft, Gholgoth, Ater Tenebrae, Hexenwood and Fagyhamu come to mind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xeniteia



Joined: 13 Feb 2008
Posts: 1449
Location: Rhône Valley, France

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warcrust wrote:
Xeniteia wrote:
Aside from the old classics, I have a couple of WITCHCRAFT demos that are solid Black-Metal IMO. They may not be a groundbreaking band, but aquite good in this norsecore style.


They have a new album out available on LP, CD, MC if anyone is interested. Yeah quite a good band.


Thanks for the information! I'll maybe buy it if my usual distros have it.

Are you in a band yourself?
_________________
Scrutare et vide quia propheta a Galilaea non surgit!
http://www.discogs.com/seller/Xeniteia
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
nileppez



Joined: 30 Nov 2012
Posts: 725
Location: Poland

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone knows some Hungarian thrash metal?? or oldschool death/black influenced by thrash. Ideally would love to find something similiar to czech Torr... although I'm positive they're unique.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Warcrust



Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Posts: 469
Location: Hungary

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xeniteia wrote:
Warcrust wrote:
Xeniteia wrote:
Aside from the old classics, I have a couple of WITCHCRAFT demos that are solid Black-Metal IMO. They may not be a groundbreaking band, but aquite good in this norsecore style.


They have a new album out available on LP, CD, MC if anyone is interested. Yeah quite a good band.


Thanks for the information! I'll maybe buy it if my usual distros have it.

Are you in a band yourself?


Nope.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Warcrust



Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Posts: 469
Location: Hungary

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nileppez wrote:
Anyone knows some Hungarian thrash metal?? or oldschool death/black influenced by thrash. Ideally would love to find something similiar to czech Torr... although I'm positive they're unique.


Mörbid Carnage, Black Sister and Drünken Bastards came to my mind. First one is pure thrash, BS is thrash/punk, DB is metal/punk with thrash influences.
I don't know any hungarian death/black bands...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group