P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Blessed Are the Sick 7EP boxset ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Blessed Are the Sick 7EP boxset ? Reply with quote

I have read on metal-archives about 7EP boxset of second album of Morbid Angel, do you know more about this relase? It is something like a Possessed "Seven Chruches" boxset? Do you have photos of this?

I also think this way of relase is good idea for an future NWN re-relase
www.doomzine.bandcamp.com
illomen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no way. breaking an album up into eps is the most retarded release idea i can think of. why bother? an album is supposed to be written as an entire body of music only taking into consderation the two sides of an lp. breaking it into eps disrupts the whole purpose of releasing an album.
huja

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with illomen's statements. anyway here are pictures.

http://cultmetal.com/view.pl?album_id=2716
Chit019

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

illomen wrote:
no way. breaking an album up into eps is the most retarded release idea i can think of. why bother? an album is supposed to be written as an entire body of music only taking into consderation the two sides of an lp. breaking it into eps disrupts the whole purpose of releasing an album.

you beat me to it, exactly the same words I was gonna say.
DonTzu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it - quite enjoy the different experience of playing each 7" seperately. The ritual of the vinyl is far different to playing it on CD.

In this case - if you dont feel like listening to a song - just put the other side on or a different 7" - its more of a hassle to skip a song playing a full 12" (not that you need to skip a track from Blessed - i have it on CD and LP also - classic album)

I often have evenings where i will just play a stack of 7"s - kind of a different buzz to playing a series of CD's imo.

(check the re-issued Altars or Blessed artwork for a ticket stub in the booklet - Australia/Adelaide, and see who one of the bands playing with them is Wink bit before my time, but i was supprised to see its inclusion)
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

illomen wrote:

Sometimes, besides of course normal cd/lp/tape version a 7EP boxset of an album where each song is a real cult and ritual that's can be good idea. I remember also one Brutal Truth album exist on few diffrent formats ep's in one box.
www.doomzine.bandcamp.com
illomen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonTzu wrote:
I often have evenings where i will just play a stack of 7"s - kind of a different buzz to playing a series of CD's imo.

i have nights like that too but they are few and far between. a good ep can be a better listen than a good album sometimes...unfortunately i just dont have the time to listen to most of my eps more than one or two times.
DonTzu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black_Fire wrote:
I remember also one Brutal Truth album exist on few diffrent formats ep's in one box.

Need to Control. was in various sized vinyl box set - one thing i never picked up that i would definately appreciate now as a collectors item.

(prefer extreme conditions demand extreme responses - as they went downhill with the noise/grind track from there)
guitar_Demon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen this type of set, with gateways and immortals sons of northern darkness
Blood Of Von

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black_Fire wrote:
illomen wrote:

Sometimes, besides of course normal cd/lp/tape version a 7EP boxset of an album where each song is a real cult and ritual that's can be good idea. I remember also one Brutal Truth album exist on few diffrent formats ep's in one box.

I had that Brtual Truth box set and they are all different sizes (the Eps). They just all sat on top of one another in a box with a lift off top. Was pretty different and I got a fair amount of $$$ when I sold it.

peterott

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: Blessed Are the Sick 7EP boxset ? Reply with quote

Black_Fire wrote:
I have read on metal-archives about 7EP boxset of second album of Morbid Angel, do you know more about this relase? It is something like a Possessed "Seven Chruches" boxset?

I think it's better, or more authentic, as it was released by Earache together with the LP and CD already back then. Not like the Possessed one that was re-re-re-re-released 20 years after it's original release by Nuckel Blast.
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I can't be arsed getting this. It would be kind of cool but feels too much like a novelty item to me...
Goab

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you own this is because you already own the record on a more easy playing (to say it so) format. This is a piece of fetish for collectors and die hard fans. I came across this one 8 years ago through a trade an it's without doubt a must for me since I worship Morbid Angel to death. On the other hand I can easily understand that some of you will pass on it if Trey's horde is not among the altar of your favest ones.
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I do really like Morbid Angel, I just don't feel the need to own an album about 5 times!
Kapalika

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it once at a palīs house - it looks neat and the layout of the 7" sleeves as well as the labels looks pretty cool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: