P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Black Metal sightseeing in Norway
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murustrictus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:
When I went to Norway I was more excited by the fish and chip stand at the Bergen pier than I was about black metal stuff....

Fucking this! Smoked salmon from that stand was fucking fantastic.
The Prophet Muhammad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is gay
holy ghost

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murustrictus wrote:
holy ghost wrote:
When I went to Norway I was more excited by the fish and chip stand at the Bergen pier than I was about black metal stuff....

I was there for a week mate Cool
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:
Murustrictus wrote:
holy ghost wrote:

I was there for a week mate Cool

A whole week just sitting by a fish stand eating thier version of hot dogs like at some New York vendor selling fifty cent dogs for three dollar and fifty cents? Awesome. Razz
holy ghost

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be ridiculous!! That's not the only thing I did. I went to the aquarium too.
bearsbearsbears

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taintedone wrote:
I am sure euronymous is laughing with his ass bones:)
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i ever make it out to norway, the last thing i'll give a shit about is some store front where helvete used to be or the apartment where euronymous was murdered.

I'm not surprised they actually made this into a tour, and i'm sure there's plenty of kids these days who would jump on this opportunity, but i'm fine without a pilgrimmage.

The neseblod shop/museum is cool (assuming its still part of the shop and they're not charging admission to look at these things now) but really the only thing i would probably check out directly to this scene.
salted

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats fucked is that people would actually pay money for this

i mean i can kinda understand going to see the churches and where helvete used to be and shit, all those stories were a big deal to me as a kid or whatever, but fucking paying money and getting on some tourbus to do it just seems beyoond messed up
ADK

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

harmless wrote:
Is this any different to the "pilgrimages" many Black Metal-enthusiasts have embarked upon since 1990? When the golden triangle was the bakery formerly known as Helvete, a church that was burnt once and the Elm Street bar.

Difference is:

In the 90ies, this was a handful of fans who did that on their own. Mostly younger people, as the BM-scene itself was also still young and fresh.

Now, you have a shitload of tourists with absolute no relation to that time and they are guided by this fuckface Anders Odden, who also makes a nice money out of it.
Buttcam

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just horrible.
terror_mit_uns

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born out of inferno metal conference bullshit...
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stfu all of you, that's a goddamn good idea. I'd definitely put up something like that if I was living there and make it even cheesier. I'd distribute pro-printed pamphlets with Norwegian Black Metal 101's for the casual Australian tourist and for an additional $200 I'd organize weekly one-to-one meetings with selected people from the scene. I'd rent a bus and decorate it the way the pic Astaroth posted suggests. I'd sell personalized gifts signed by Fenriz and postcards of burning churches. Not kidding here. You guys just have no sense of marketing/business.
Aszfargoth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Stfu all of you, that's a goddamn good idea. I'd definitely put up something like that if I was living there and make it even cheesier. I'd distribute pro-printed pamphlets with Norwegian Black Metal 101's for the casual Australian tourist and for an additional $200 I'd organize weekly one-to-one meetings with selected people from the scene. I'd rent a bus and decorate it the way the pic Astaroth posted suggests. I'd sell personalized gifts signed by Fenriz and postcards of burning churches. Not kidding here. You guys just have no sense of marketing/business.

Toatl sapport.

I would invest in scene-themed catering, too. Black metal tourism businesses today need to be as comprehensive as possible in the services they provide for their customers. One needs bagels, especially. A whole chain of black metal deli restaurants / shops (they should be both restaurants and shops, because black metal tourists will appreciate the possibility to buy their deli foods themselves to relive black metal's solitary elitism in their own kitchen), even! Helvete set up in a former bakery, didn't it, so that's an obvious chance for a cheeky, ironic bistro right there.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aszfargoth wrote:
NK7 wrote:

Toatl sapport.

I would invest in scene-themed catering, too. Black metal tourism businesses today need to be as comprehensive as possible in the services they provide for their customers. One needs bagels, especially. A whole chain of black metal deli restaurants / shops (they should be both restaurants and shops, because black metal tourists will appreciate the possibility to buy their deli foods themselves to relive black metal's solitary elitism in their own kitchen), even! Helvete set up in a former bakery, didn't it, so that's an obvious chance for a cheeky, ironic bistro right there.

Laughing

Sooner or later travel agencies will actually offer this kind of trips, mark my words. I'd make sure the tour guide is dressed in sync with his job (possibly like Varg in the back cover of the first DSP cd) and would project Until The Light Takes Us on the screens during the drive to the locations. Travellers will also be provided with pocket-sized make up kits for instant corpsepaint, just in case they suddenly feel the need to be visually/emotionally closer to the events. As for the restaurants, I'd recommend having a stage included where cover bands will play a selection of the most memorable songs from '91-'94 while people enjoy their meal. A dedicated hotel with rooms decorated with reproductions of bm artwork should also be provided.
csehszlovakze

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
You guys just have no sense of marketing/business.

Euronymous didn't have either.

my shitty metal blog
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: