P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Absurd (Ger)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Favorite record?
Life beyond the Grave: 1992 - 1994 (Demos)
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Facta Loquuntur (Final Edition)
31%
 31%  [ 76 ]
Asgardsrei (Remixed/Remastered)
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Werwolfthron
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Totenlieder
17%
 17%  [ 41 ]
Blutgericht
5%
 5%  [ 12 ]
Raubritter/Grimmige Volksmusik
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Der Fünfzehnjährige Krieg
17%
 17%  [ 42 ]
Weltenfeind
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 240

CrucifixionWounds

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsbearsbears wrote:
Oh look, NK7 trying to derail ANOTHER thread. Its beyond me how this guy hasn't been banned yet. Rolling Eyes

Let it go. NK7 makes a damn good point sometimes.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Facta Loquuntur
2. Raubritter/Grimmige Volksmusik
3. Asgardsrei (Remixed/Remastered)
4. Demos
5. Asgardsrei (original)

I really like Werwolfthron too, especially the guitar tone.
CrucifixionWounds

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the few bands that never released a shit album.
Zone

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Facta Loquuntur is a raw and passionate album, there aren't too many bands that can write that decent of a mixture of oi, punk, and some bm elements and have it sound as raw and as sloppy as it did. The black metal moments on that album are thankfully minimal, mainly the vocals as the riffs aren't quite sure what to play inbetween songs.

Asgardsrei is where they got more polished but it isn't as memorable to me, it's still a great album with the strong Nationalist vibes and Germanien über alles gets me every time but I don't spin it as much as their first. Totenlieder just shows the band as far more musically competent, and truthfully is probably their best in terms of composition, but I still spin Facta the most.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Facta Loquuntur. But not the "final edition" (despite it has it's own good spots like the extra live tracks), the original with Deep Dark Forest.

No weak spots in discography in general. I like about everything.

"You can't hide the hook!"
DTBRex

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
At least be honest and admit you made a fairly big deal out of that yet-to-be-verified DSP thing.

Yeah right, because it was mentioned once or twice in an interview. Rolling Eyes

You need verification? Go ask your brilliant Black Metal-musicians from Norway, then. Oh I forgot: They wouldn't speak to you most likely. They don't know you, since your only credential is being an internet troll.

Thing is, I have been there right from the start. Where have you been before there was a message board at FMP-website? You should come to terms with reality and deal with it, finally.
DTBRex

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a sidenote: On "Des Düsterwaldes Reigen" by Wolfsmond, one can find few songs originally written for Absurd:

Todesgleiche Stille: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5O_1PMVtYI

Auf den Schwingen des Drachen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WoOHoOpsWA
SWO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really think their side of the Weltenfeind split is their best material to date.

Fuck metal, hail interludes
harmless

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlzilla wrote:
Facta Loquuntur is my favorite.

NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
I have been there right from the start bla blahh

I "was there" a good two years before you even got your first AC/DC dub, I happen to be older than you ya know -not the point here though since no one is impressed with this pathetic "I'm this huge scene pioneer" gimmick of yours.

Fact remains, nobody would have ever given two shits about your awful demotapes hadn't you oh so valiantly taken the life of some anorexic twat half your size, deal with it. So keep chit chatting with that other obese OCD'ed bud of yours and releasing worthless norsecore that no one gives jackshit about, that's how far your contribution to the scene you (keep claiming you) were such a key member goes.

/end of discussion from my side.
DTBRex

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:

I "was there" a good two years before you even got your first AC/DC dub, I happen to be older than you ya know -not the point here though since no one is impressed with this pathetic "I'm this huge scene pioneer" gimmick of yours.

THAT has yet to be verified; and considering how much crap you do talk I don't believe it can. If you attempt to challenge me on anything relating to the history of a band I know better than anyone else on this forum, then get your facts straight first of all. That you can't, because you are clueless as always.

So, yes indeed, it's best for you to shut up, and do it for good.
Eternal Soul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
DTBRex wrote:
I have been there right from the start bla blahh

Fact remains, nobody would have ever given two shits about your awful demotapes hadn't you oh so valiantly taken the life of some anorexic twat half your size, deal with it. So keep chit chatting with that other obese OCD'ed bud of yours and releasing worthless norsecore that no one gives jackshit about, that's how far your contribution to the scene you (keep claiming you) were such a key member goes.

/end of discussion from my side.

I don't see the point in most of what DTBRex releases either but I think you're a bit hard on him. He sounds like a sincere dude.

Concerning Absurd, their part on the "Weltenfeind" split is more than perfect for someone who looks for "black metal to bang his head to". Very solid stuff and best Absurd tracks yet.
da666

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:

I "was there"

Where were you Marcos? In your mums place making some mail orders while being a good christian boy - how very 90s BM of you. Good for you. All you contributed to those days you speak about so often is buying a few albums and then 20 years later in your 40s being a troll on the internet and posting your collection on your bedsheets (which look like disney sheets btw).
So seriously just fuck off mang, you are trying so hard to be "someone" from "back in the day", yet your a nothing and a nobody, you have no skills, no talent, nothing to contribute (other then an opinion which no one wants to hear), you complain about people posting collections and collecting in general yet you have posted more "collection" pics in a few days then anyone else has here in a few years.

Every thread you say the same tired shit, you just change the band or persons name, rinse wash repeat, just piss off.

Back on topic, for me a toss up between Facta Loquuntur and Asgardsrei, but all in all one of the most solid discographies out there.
Wolfsturm888

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On topic...

I can more or less only identify with the old releases, the "Death from the forest" Demo and the "Thuringian pagan Madness" tape had a huge impact back in those days. Facta Loquuntur on Silencelike Death / No Colours aswell. This is "true german Black Metal" in my opinion. I do not wonder that many people dislike it as "noise" or whatever - there is something that is not to be discovered by the masses in the music. It is - atmosphere-wise - more in the vein of good old Neo Folk and R.A.C. combined with a very own storming interpretation of Black Metal, very original stuff. Listening to the old tapes really is nostalgic "...drei Jugendliche aus Sondershausen sollen ihren Mitschüler..." - Grim and dark! I love that intro.

About the DSP - thing. It was not that "commonly known" back then that Euronymous wanted to sign Absurd. Gerrit from Malicious told it to me in 1996, i did not knew about it before and i had many contacts in the german scene.

@DTBRex: Interesting thing concerning the Wolfsmond tracks - when "In des Düsterwaldes Reigen" was released, we used to call it "the unofficial second Absurd full-length", haha!

About the "murder": There is people who talk a lot and collect dozens of records in order to show off and there is people who practice what they talk about...
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eternal Soul wrote:

I don't see the point in most of what DTBRex releases either but I think you're a bit hard on him. He sounds like a sincere dude.

Concerning Absurd, their part on the "Weltenfeind" split is more than perfect for someone who looks for "black metal to bang his head to". Very solid stuff and best Absurd tracks yet.

I don't question the guy's "devotion" so to speak -as mentioned I'm even a huge fan of the band's later catalogue, but that whole "I was there since '92 - you were not" brag show is downright silly. There's plenty of people on this board who have been into metal twice as long and don't need to bring that up to validate their points -if they have one, which he hasn't.

On top of that, refusing to admit that a big chunk of Absurd's "status" is an obvious product of their extra-musical activities is just ridiculous. I mean come on, this is the living proof of a fairly mediocre band turning into something relatively big thanks to bullshit crap that has zero relevance to music. And I'm not even getting into that whole "bm is more than music" nerdism he came up with in some other thread, it's the year 2013 for gods sake.

Anyway, my point is clear enough, done with this thread for good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18

Jump to: