P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Info about ebay
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
kvist



Joined: 06 Jan 2012
Posts: 74

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Info about ebay Reply with quote

Sorry I need to ask you an advice; never sold anything on ebay and I hope to continue in this way but just in case, where is the best place to sell the albums? I mean there is an ebay for every country right? Pls let me know, thanks a lot in advance
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NK7
banned


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1340
Location: Beograd, Srbija

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay.com is always the best. Shitloads of people checking the site daily = shitloads of retards willing to pay insame amounts of money for your records.
The German site used to be good in the past, not so much anymore.
_________________
Permabanned
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shiru



Joined: 04 Feb 2007
Posts: 1930
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:

The German site used to be good in the past, not so much anymore.

for buying but i am not sure about selling
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NK7
banned


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1340
Location: Beograd, Srbija

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiru wrote:
NK7 wrote:

The German site used to be good in the past, not so much anymore.

for buying but i am not sure about selling

Sold a few items there last year, some sold for more money than they would have on the regular site, some others didn't. Dealing with Germans was a pain in the ass.
_________________
Permabanned
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shiru



Joined: 04 Feb 2007
Posts: 1930
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Shiru wrote:
NK7 wrote:

The German site used to be good in the past, not so much anymore.

for buying but i am not sure about selling

Sold a few items there last year, some sold for more money than they would have on the regular site, some others didn't. Dealing with Germans was a pain in the ass.

hmm.. what is worse about them then with others? Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NK7
banned


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1340
Location: Beograd, Srbija

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiru wrote:

hmm.. what is worse about them then with others? Shocked

Many things. Their English is lousy and they are the most anal disphits ever when it comes to the conditions of the items, they will open paypal disputes if they feel like the EX+++ lp you sold them is -according to their personal standards- actually an EX++. Not worth the headache.
_________________
Permabanned
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
K-mart



Joined: 18 May 2010
Posts: 250

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend posting your stuff on Discogs, Metal vinyl sells pretty well on there,as long as you represent your stuff honestly....no problems.
They take 8% of the sale.
Simliar to ebay,half of the people don't bother to leave feedback.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Weltering in Blood



Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 2158
Location: Sweden

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K-mart wrote:
I recommend posting your stuff on Discogs, Metal vinyl sells pretty well on there,as long as you represent your stuff honestly....no problems.
They take 8% of the sale.
Simliar to ebay,half of the people don't bother to leave feedback.


Anyone else noticed that more and more sellers aren't bothering to auction their stuff anymore, just putting but it now prices or having high starting fees?
_________________
WANT LIST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holy ghost



Joined: 16 Jan 2011
Posts: 5760
Location: Main and Gerrard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K-mart wrote:
I recommend posting your stuff on Discogs


+1

I don't even check ebay anymore...
_________________
Basilus // non Rock
Cyclopean Wall // kosmiche ambient drone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Weltering in Blood



Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 2158
Location: Sweden

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:
K-mart wrote:
I recommend posting your stuff on Discogs


+1

I don't even check ebay anymore...


Discogs is starting to go the same way with retarded prices.
_________________
WANT LIST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kvist



Joined: 06 Jan 2012
Posts: 74

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot to everyone.
I know discogs but the difference with ebay is that on discogs you've to fix a value, on ebay is the market to make the prices. For example I've no idea about a possible price for Satyricon vinyl boxset, on discogs one is 350 euro the second one 600 euro...
And how to sell on ebay.com if I'm located in Germany, France or Italy? I mean you've to change some settings to post on .com or it will be done automatically?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NK7
banned


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1340
Location: Beograd, Srbija

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kvist wrote:

And how to sell on ebay.com if I'm located in Germany, France or Italy? I mean you've to change some settings to post on .com or it will be done automatically?

You need to drop their customer support a line and ask for their special authorization to post on the .com site, specifying what you're planning on selling. Mind you, it's not free: there's a $299 annual fee to pay if you decide to sell records, $199 for tapes, $99 for cds. I'd sell on your national ebay site if I were you.
_________________
Permabanned
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holy ghost



Joined: 16 Jan 2011
Posts: 5760
Location: Main and Gerrard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kvist wrote:
For example I've no idea about a possible price for Satyricon vinyl boxset, on discogs one is 350 euro the second one 600 euro...


You should just check www.popsike.com to see if there's a value for what records are actually selling for - just because two people fixed the price for what they think things are worth doesn't mean they're actually worth that. I made $150 in profit selling records on discogs this week because my shit is priced fairly, I'm not sitting on a bunch of overpriced shite....

Then I took that money and bought more records Rolling Eyes Mad Razz Sad Shocked
_________________
Basilus // non Rock
Cyclopean Wall // kosmiche ambient drone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bakeneko



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 110
Location: London

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K-mart wrote:
I recommend posting your stuff on Discogs, Metal vinyl sells pretty well on there,as long as you represent your stuff honestly....no problems.
They take 8% of the sale.
Simliar to ebay,half of the people don't bother to leave feedback.

I've just registered with Discogs. I've been selling on Amazon and eBay but their fees are high. Often I don't sell anything on eBay so I usually wait for the free listing days not to waste listing fees. I don't really make much money on Amazon. I have to keep reducing the price until it gets nearly nil to sell. We have to work quite hard to sell something and learn from our own experience. What about using this forum ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aaattaack



Joined: 08 Jun 2010
Posts: 271
Location: brrrrhh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
kvist wrote:

And how to sell on ebay.com if I'm located in Germany, France or Italy? I mean you've to change some settings to post on .com or it will be done automatically?

You need to drop their customer support a line and ask for their special authorization to post on the .com site, specifying what you're planning on selling. Mind you, it's not free: there's a $299 annual fee to pay if you decide to sell records, $199 for tapes, $99 for cds. I'd sell on your national ebay site if I were you.


Question
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group