P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Danzig appreciation thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eighthplague

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellmask wrote:
I should go through my Misfits/Samhain/Danzig collection someday and make a list of all the stuff I have. I unfortunately don't have any of the original Misfits 7"s, but I do have all the Misfits and Samhain 12"s (all black vinyl) and all of the Danzig LPs that were released on vinyl (except the recent pressing of I Luciferi), plus all the CDs from all 3 bands. I also have tons of 7" and 12" boots.

Same here on all accounts, except I don't have any Danzig vinyl beyond Deth Red Sabaoth. I have original Misfits shirts from the early 80s, too, which are a step up from rags at this point. Laughing
TEKWRX

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, let us know how the sound is when you get it. If it's decent, I'll need to pick it up.

Here's what I have hanging in my living room...

And a closeup of the signed record. I had it signed by Jerry & Doyle during the 1st reunion back in '96 or '97...didn't manage to get Glenn to sign it until over 10 years later after one of the Blackest Of The Blacks...even then, I didn't meet him. Waited for ages after the show, finally a guy comes off the bus and says Glenn was too "tired" to come out, but would sign stuff for the few of us that had been waiting. His guy also made it a point he'd only sign official releases, no boots. Oh, well, I hope to meet the man one day as he is my all time favorite musican/performer.

hellmask

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's a cool living room!

My 'music room' in the basement has tons of Misfits/Samhain/Danzig posters and Misfits flyers all over the walls and ceiling.

I've met GD twice. The first was at an after-party in 1993 at the NYC Ritz on the Thrall mini-tour. He was incredibly cool...even asking Eerie Von's aunt to wait till he talked to me and my friend!!! Met Christ and Eerie too...unfortunately Biscuits wasn't around while I was there.

The second time was at an in-store for the release of Blackacidevil, at a Tower Records on Long Island. It was GD and his drummer at the time, Joey Castillo. Glenn was again awesome, answering questions and signing some stuff.

I know a lot of people say he's an asshole in person, but he couldn't have been cooler when I met him.
Sunnportal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellmask wrote:
Now that's a cool living room!

My 'music room' in the basement has tons of Misfits/Samhain/Danzig posters and Misfits flyers all over the walls and ceiling.

I've met GD twice. The first was at an after-party in 1993 at the NYC Ritz on the Thrall mini-tour. He was incredibly cool...even asking Eerie Von's aunt to wait till he talked to me and my friend!!! Met Christ and Eerie too...unfortunately Biscuits wasn't around while I was there.

The second time was at an in-store for the release of Blackacidevil, at a Tower Records on Long Island. It was GD and his drummer at the time, Joey Castillo. Glenn was again awesome, answering questions and signing some stuff.

I know a lot of people say he's an asshole in person, but he couldn't have been cooler when I met him.

He seems to have that asshole rep, but everybody is capable of that.

Joey Castillo ain't no slouch either. Nice work.
Primitive

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love old misfits, of course samhain and danzig stuff too... but goddamn he gets WAAY more appreciation then he deserves. I can't walk a mile without seeing something that says misfits or danzig on it. I bet half the people who wear misfits shit don't even listen to it. And (yes I did it fucking shoot me) went inside hot topic to look around, and what do I see? They now sell worn out looking denim vests with misfits logos embroided into them! To make it look like all "diy patched up"!!!!! I would curb stomp anyone I see wearing one of those... the reasons why that is so wrong are overwhelmingly too many... I just stared in awe, disgust, and disbelief. Neutral
nileppez

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, Misfits is INCREDIBLY popular and very likely to see among korn/shitknot/etc patches
eighthplague

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You two have AIDS.
BreedingtheSpawn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good days of playing American Psycho and Famous Monsters non stop in high school. Those releases where addictive and of course I have been a fan of the Misfits ever since.

We are finally free from gods or men who claim to be.
TEKWRX

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The recent whoring out of the Misfits image is due to one man. Gerald Caiafa. Once Jerry Only got the rights back in the mid-late '90's, he turned into Gene Simmons. What you see in Hot Topic has very little to do with GD.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEKWRX wrote:
The recent whoring out of the Misfits image is due to one man. Gerald Caiafa. Once Jerry Only got the rights back in the mid-late '90's, he turned into Gene Simmons. What you see in Hot Topic has very little to do with GD.

That be true, else you would see Samhain and Danzig artwork on shoes and skateboards and everything else as well if it were Glenn responsible for any of it.
nileppez

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:
You two have AIDS.

and what the fuck is your point? I'm not saying this to attack the band, even if I don't like them. It's a fact that you see tons of middle school kids in misfits wear, even if they don't know who Glenn Danzig is.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
TEKWRX wrote:

That be true, else you would see Samhain and Danzig artwork on shoes and skateboards and everything else as well if it were Glenn responsible for any of it.

Exactly. Say what you will about Danzig, but the guy doesn't whore himself out like his former bandmates.
DTP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danzig 5 is the only thing he has ever done that i outright can't stand. Circle of Snakes is probably a low point too.
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lord pazzuzu wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/110988865762?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Just ordered this. Not sure if it's a boot or what. Don't care, honestly. I can't find an original under $100. Figured you'd fine folks would have some info on it.

Looks like the real thing.
There was only a UK gatefold for D3 and that is what the description says.
Take pics when you get it, if it isn't a boot, congrats!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: