P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Metal Shops in Berlin?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarcueil

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: Metal Shops in Berlin? Reply with quote

hailz!
my girlfriend is about to go on a trip to berlin, so i'd be more than happy if anyone can give me some detailed advice about metal shops in there.anything goes, cd, vinyl, merch.(mostly black metal)
BurstCommandTilWar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is no real Metal Shop in Berlin anymore.
You can stop by at Iron Bonehead Prod. or Folter Records headquarters.
And there is a small Shop with mostly clothes and few CDs & LPs with Punk & Metal (most Death &Grind) called Bonkers and of course second hand stores with 80ies records and a few newer items. But thats it!
Sarcueil

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aah could you give the real addresses or tips on how to find these places?
Detest Records

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visited Berlin the week-end of the Triumph of Death show and was unable to find any decent metal store ...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we've been at this punk shop, they even had an Asphyx shirt there

concerning vinyl, there's not much of interest, but they had a lot of cool cds (Mortem, Incrust, Bestial Mockery,...)!
peterott

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in Berlin in 2001 for 5 days. Half of the time filled with culture, the rest was recordhunting. There were some great 2nd hand CD/LP shops in the east of Berlin, I also visited the guy from Folter Records at home and checked his huge stock. However, I sometimes check the yellow pages, but all the names of these shops were removed. So I guess a lot of them have closed in the meantime.

There was one fantastic CD-shop close to Kurfürstendamm called Cover-music (and these guys had a 2nd shop in the north of Berlin - Turmstraße 52 - also fantastic Metal CD-stuff and 20.000+ vinylrecords down in the basement of the store, but sadly only 1% Metal there). Maybe Patrick can comment if they are still worth checking out. I bought there Maceration, Authorize, Invocator,... CDs. However, it seems only the shop at Kurfürstendamm is still alive.

Kreuzberg was funny. One or two great vinyl-places, and then they had all these 5 Euros turkish clothing shops where they also sold records in it. Got there e.g. my Turbo - Last Warrior LP for 2 Euros in ex+. Don't know if they are still doing this today.

http://www.phonophono.de/pdf/berliner_plattenlaeden.pdf
=> a lot of normal rock/whatever 2nd hand record stores, with no to none Metal. Only a few of these shops have Metal.
Kapalika

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never been to the store itself but ordered online once:

Bis auf´s Messer

Berlin - Friedrichshain, Marchlewski Strasse 107

Monday - Friday: 11:00 - 20:00
Saturdays: 11:00 - 18:00

http://www.bisaufsmesser.com/

Mainly hardcore related stuff but some metal inbetween.
BurstCommandTilWar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterott wrote:
I was in Berlin in 2001 for 5 days. Half of the time filled with culture, the rest was recordhunting. There were some great 2nd hand CD/LP shops in the east of Berlin, I also visited the guy from Folter Records at home and checked his huge stock. However, I sometimes check the yellow pages, but all the names of these shops were removed. So I guess a lot of them have closed in the meantime.

There was one fantastic CD-shop close to Kurfürstendamm called Cover-music (and these guys had a 2nd shop in the north of Berlin - Turmstraße 52 - also fantastic Metal CD-stuff and 20.000+ vinylrecords down in the basement of the store, but sadly only 1% Metal there). Maybe Patrick can comment if they are still worth checking out. I bought there Maceration, Authorize, Invocator,... CDs. However, it seems only the shop at Kurfürstendamm is still alive.

Kreuzberg was funny. One or two great vinyl-places, and then they had all these 5 Euros turkish clothing shops where they also sold records in it. Got there e.g. my Turbo - Last Warrior LP for 2 Euros in ex+. Don't know if they are still doing this today.

Peter,
be sure 99% of the stores you´ve been to have closed by now!
But of course some are still around and a few new ones opened but it´s getting more and more less on Metal. Or they´re fucking expensive like 15 Euro for a regular Motörhead LP!!!

The Cover Music Store at Kurfürstendamm is still open. But well you´ll not realy miss anything if you don´t go there! They only sell the remaing records (for high prices) they still have in stock. One of these guys told me some months ago that Metal is not selling anymore so they don´t buy new stuf!!!

http://www.phonophono.de/pdf/berliner_plattenlaeden.pdf
=> a lot of normal rock/whatever 2nd hand record stores, with no to none Metal. Only a few of these shops have Metal.
peterott

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstCommandTilWar wrote:
peterott wrote:

Peter,
be sure 99% of the stores you´ve been to have closed by now!
But of course some are still around and a few new ones opened but it´s getting more and more less on Metal. Or they´re fucking expensive like 15 Euro for a regular Motörhead LP!!!

The Cover Music Store at Kurfürstendamm is still open. But well you´ll not realy miss anything if you don´t go there! They only sell the remaing records (for high prices) they still have in stock. One of these guys told me some months ago that Metal is not selling anymore so they don´t buy new stuf!!!

That happened in so many places here as well. Also in my old hometown Ulm. All of them dead, gone and forgotten except one 2nd hand shop which doesn't have much Metal, but a very huge Rock/Indie section.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: