P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

KAOS SACRAMENTUM...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Death Strike

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: KAOS SACRAMENTUM... Reply with quote

...who are these guys anyway? Anyone who knows if their albums were actually released physically at all, or if it is a sheer "internet phenomenon"? Looks rather suspicious in a way that all three albums were released the same year (2010).
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ancient Records is dedicated to their craft. They're real.
ravn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallen_Empire wrote:

and they bring some good stuff as well...
blacksun__,moonan__Kerker_aus_zeit(X3)__the Chosen__alhaz__probert__iscariah__cursed blood__SerpentOfTheVoid__NWNPROD__haldarn_throneofashes_Ironwood_Vowels_tehomapzu_skygge_Paria_Svartavingar_aetergap_grav_ Desolation Path
DTBRex

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravn wrote:
Fallen_Empire wrote:

I second that. Plus, who the fuck cares "who they are", for as long as they manage to record some Black Metal more than worthwhile listening to? Twenty years ago, I have not bothered to "investigate" the "who's who" of Black Metal. To NOT know much about the musicians puts the focus even more so on their music, and thus adds that "mystery" to it which I have always deemed integral to Black Metal in the first place.
TheUnborn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: KAOS SACRAMENTUM... Reply with quote

Death Strike wrote:
...who are these guys anyway? Anyone who knows if their albums were actually released physically at all, or if it is a sheer "internet phenomenon"? Looks rather suspicious in a way that all three albums were released the same year (2010).

Been spinning their cds quite a lot, good band. The vinyl-versions have been released just now, so they are indeed real.

Last edited by TheUnborn on Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Death Strike

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
ravn wrote:
Fallen_Empire wrote:

I second that. Plus, who the fuck cares "who they are", for as long as they manage to record some Black Metal more than worthwhile listening to? Twenty years ago, I have not bothered to "investigate" the "who's who" of Black Metal. To NOT know much about the musicians puts the focus even more so on their music, and thus adds that "mystery" to it which I have always deemed integral to Black Metal in the first place.

Many people care about these things, don't try and convince me otherwise. Point taken, though, as some bands gain on remaining anonymous to the listener.
astralvesl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Ancient Records and enjoy about 90% of his releases, but I find it a bit unnecessary to have x number of bands consisting of basically the same members, plus or minus one or two people, playing rather similar music.

Also the whole "who cares who's in the band" argument is a bit moot these days since a lot of people purchase, and a lot of label's market, releases based on a particular member(s). Hell do you really think anyone would bat an eye at half the bands praised on this board if it wasn't for their association w/ a group, place, person(s), etc...On one hand I could care less if x plays in y, but on the other hand if I like all of x's previous work I'll be more inclined to check out y. Likewise, I find it interesting that you consider mystery integral to black metal since at basically every point in the genres history there have been people clamoring to pontificate about it, fans and musicians alike. The whole mystery concept has always been just talk in my opinion.
Cedric

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not familiar with this band, but they sure have good reviews on MA and all from the same reviewer.
Cursed Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

astralvesl wrote:
I like Ancient Records and enjoy about 90% of his releases, but I find it a bit unnecessary to have x number of bands consisting of basically the same members, plus or minus one or two people, playing rather similar music.

Imagine the shitstorm they would get if they released all those albums under one bandname. They would have almost 10 releases in a year. People are already complaining when a band has two full-lengths in one year.
Death Strike

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cedric wrote:
Not familiar with this band, but they sure have good reviews on MA and all from the same reviewer.

That seemed a tad bit suspicious to me... Probably the same guy who plays everything in the band and runs the label "they" are on.

What about the drums - same unsensible Drumkit From Hell programming on all 3 releases?
DTBRex

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

astralvesl wrote:

Also the whole "who cares who's in the band" argument is a bit moot these days since a lot of people purchase, and a lot of label's market, releases based on a particular member(s).

So what? Some do it, others don't. And if it's the latter case, then that too ought to be respected rather than trying to tag some names/faces to some bands/records...

astralvesl wrote:
The whole mystery concept has always been just talk in my opinion.

That's your opinion; one certainly not shared by everyone into Black Metal, mind you. For instance, most of the Norwegian bands should rather have remained distant and "mysterious" instead of entering the limelight and thus revealing what a mundane and mediocre bunch of people they are, actually. Since I know of people like "Gaahl", and what's his private "love life" and all, I have pretty much quit listening to any record he ever was part of.

I prefer to know less about the musicians for the sake of getting more out of their music, period.

Last edited by DTBRex on Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Murustrictus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you a moderator of Metal-archives or something?
DTBRex

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murustrictus wrote:

Not at all. Just some sort of anachronism to the present-day Black Metal, I guess.
moonan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaos Sacramentum and Svartrit are the two best bands on the label. It's a pity Kaos are not active any more.
Murustrictus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
Murustrictus wrote:

Not at all. Just some sort of anachronism to the present-day Black Metal, I guess.

Not you, I meant the guy who needs to find out who is in Kaos Sacramentum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: