P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

New Darkthrone in 2013 "The Underground Resistance"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skeletor666

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kinda telling when a friend of mine who had not listened to any real undergound bands in year s and was was never into black metal starts telling me he is looking forward to the new darkthrone album.

they have a new audience now and i must say they are welcome to them .

i tried hard to like the newer stuff seeing as darkthrone were my favourite band for years but it comes off as a parody no matter which angle you approach it from.
WindsOfApocalypse

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's simply utterly boring and terribly written music to me, nothing more or less. Production is unbelievably bland as well, the guitar sounds like some generic out-of-the-box Guitar Center sound.

SHIT SANDWICH
DSS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just heard "Leave No Cross Unturned" and loved it!!!
Some Mercyful Fate/King Diamond worship and done well imo.
Thrash Metal until about 2:55 mark where you start to hear that it actually is Darkthrone.

Don't know if the download link will work for everyone. All you need to do is type in your email address and they will send you a download link: http://emailunlock.com/peaceville-burning-shed/darkthrone-leave-no-cross

I will be buying the album for sure. This song is on repeat right now.
buckets

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aszfargoth wrote:
Also, fuck Speedwolf, Midnight and all that shit. That's all just severely dumbed down heavy metal.

How fucking dare you.
frostjunkie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSS wrote:
Don't know if the download link will work for everyone. All you need to do is type in your email address and they will send you a download link: http://emailunlock.com/peaceville-burning-shed/darkthrone-leave-no-cross

Do they send you the full song or just the same edited that they're streaming? Can't wait to hear the whole record!
DSS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frostjunkie wrote:
DSS wrote:

Do they send you the full song or just the same edited that they're streaming? Can't wait to hear the whole record!

Don't know anything about a song that they are streaming so I never heard it. The song for download is 6:53 long.
DSS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it's already on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g158NLrq3X8
boca

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New song is bad... very bad. From "heavy metal" point of view is not lesser shit oppose to "black metal" point of view... song is divided in several parts which doesn't have any clear connection regarding it's musical structure...

First part is like classic heavy/thrash stuff, second part of the song is more like old Darkthrone with some strange effect on vocals and last part is like most obvious Cetic Frost homage with "Tom G. Warrior" vocals in the history of all Darkthrone albums...

I think they just drink too much...

Laughing
DSS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boca wrote:
New song is bad... very bad. From "heavy metal" point of view is not lesser shit oppose to "black metal" point of view... song is divided in several parts which doesn't have any clear connection regarding it's musical structure...

You realize this is Darkthrone we're talking about here? It's a great song. Maybe you prefer to listen to the same riff for 7 minutes? Unfortunately not too many bands can pull it off these days. Even Vikernes failed at this on his last few albums.

boca wrote:
First part is like classic heavy/thrash stuff, second part of the song is more like old Darkthrone with some strange effect on vocals and last part is like most obvious Cetic Frost homage with "Tom G. Warrior" vocals in the history of all Darkthrone albums...

Hit the nail right on the head with this one. And what's wrong with that? Seems like it doesn't matter what this band does, those who are set on hating it will find something to pick on.
asmael LeBouc

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, it's already on preorder as of today on Peaceville's Burning Shed site.

With the whole shebang packages bundle with tshirt and artwork

Same for MYSTICUM "In The Streams..."

TRADE / WANT LIST ! ! ! :
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12006/
Good sellers/traders: ChapelOfDoom, thetrueevil/ GoldenBull, Hobophobic, NWN PROD
boca

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSS wrote:
boca wrote:

You realize this is Darkthrone we're talking about here? It's a great song. Maybe you prefer to listen to the same riff for 7 minutes? Unfortunately not too many bands can pull it off these days. Even Vikernes failed at this on his last few albums.

boca wrote:

Hit the nail right on the head with this one. And what's wrong with that? Seems like it doesn't matter what this band does, those who are set on hating it will find something to pick on.
Nothing wrong in general, just not my cup of tea and that's all. Do I have to love new Darkthrone? No. They gone in the direction I simply find very boring...
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You people act like Darkthrone sold out and just released a metalcore album.

The band is playing old school style Heavy Metal, if any band can pull off the sound of old, it's Darkthrone.
Sure you don't have to like this and I can understand this not being your cup of tea, but the way you people bash this is laughable and pathetic. Their last few albums may not be my favorite, but I don't see anything criminally wrong with them.
csehszlovakze

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VnholyCvntz wrote:
if any band can pull off the sound of old

Then maybe nobody can.

my shitty metal blog
morbiddeceiver

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSS wrote:
You realize this is Darkthrone we're talking about here? It's a great song. Maybe you prefer to listen to the same riff for 7 minutes?

I know I would. "Inn I De Dype Skogers Favn" and "As Flittermice As Satans Spys" are my favorite Darkthrone tracks.

I actually like the new song and was not into the last 3 albums.
nileppez

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VnholyCvntz wrote:
You people act like Darkthrone sold out and just released a metalcore album.

Given that metalcore is dying and all those 80's metal revivals are a big thing, if they meant to sell out they would obviously release something exactly like what they're doing.
VnholyCvntz wrote:
The band is playing old school style Heavy Metal, if any band can pull off the sound of old, it's Darkthrone.

There's tons of 2nd grade retro-heavy metal that do this kind of stuff better, and there are old bands who still do it better.
Quote:
Sure you don't have to like this and I can understand this not being your cup of tea, but the way you people bash this is laughable and pathetic.

What is laughable and pathetic? Pointing out shameless ripoffs ('tributes') or obvious uninspiration and blandness of this song? The criticism I've seen doesn't come from it not being kvlt, but being straight up shit.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 27 of 37

Jump to: