P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

FMP a Rip-Off?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: FMP a Rip-Off? Reply with quote

I've ordered stuff from FMP a few times throughout the years and never had a problem, but I do know he's been said to have ripped people off. Recently I ordered one lousy zine and never got it. I was told it was sent and that I should just wait a bit. Well, no zine came and at this point I've stopped expecting it.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had problems with them after JB took over trades and orders. He's usually very prompt and packs well.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

illomen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: FMP a Rip-Off? Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
I've ordered stuff from FMP a few times throughout the years and never had a problem, but I do know he's been said to have ripped people off. Recently I ordered one lousy zine and never got it. I was told it was sent and that I should just wait a bit. Well, no zine came and at this point I've stopped expecting it.

how does this equal rip off? i dont think fmp would be as successful as it is if they went around ripping people off for one magazine. get real. it got lost in the mail or something.
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because a few scene queens like to lick his ass and flock to his disgraceful forum, doesn't mean he doesn't rip off a few people here and there.

I've watched this guy mock people who never received shit they ordered from him on his forum.
illomen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
Just because a few scene queens like to lick his ass and flock to his disgraceful forum, doesn't mean he doesn't rip off a few people here and there.

I've watched this guy mock people who never received shit they ordered from him on his forum.

youre right. hes a shrewd fellow that j.b... give me a break, man. one zine? you really think he needs your five bucks that bad. get over it.

last time i ordered from ajna i didnt get my parcel but i am positive based on his reputation that he shipped it. jut because someone doesnt receive their order doesnt mean it wasnt shipped.

on his message board he makes fun of people who persistently complain because they didnt get their shit when they should realize that fucked up things happen when you trust the postal system. its just a loss. write to him and perhaps, if you arent a dick about it, you can come to some sort of solution. otherwise just deal with it.
IronBloodBlasphemy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never had a problem
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you all see, zines are what keep a distro afloat. Rip people off a couple bucks and mail out endless vinyls and cd's just fine, however 1 zine is the key to success. Wink

To get ahead in $$$ by ripping people off one or two cd's you would have to do this to 95% of the orders that came in. One or two orders of a single cd or a zine is hardly worth the headache for a distro not to send it.

If I started to see threads like this >... so and so never sent the package of 20 vinyls or 30 cd's I ordered... multiple times to multiple people, then I would really suspect some ripping off. One zine or the odd cd here and there randomly and maybe only a few packages a month that does not arrive would what, put an extra $100 in the distro's coffers ?
Do you really think that $100 makes a difference to a place invested thousands in stock and production of merch ?

Some issues require some logic and simple understanding before pointing the old rip off finger a persons way. Unless you know of a dozen or so people that are all out over $50 each or more and multiple orders of some real value I would have to say you should be blaming the post office and not the distro. If profit by rip off is going to be started, one zine is not where you begin. Laughing

Busy places can sometimes have tiny orders overlooked or forgotten, however I would imagine a simple inquiry would resolve all this with FMP.
Blood Of Von

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been dealing with Jon/FMP since he first started his zine and then label and never had one issue with him. His forum might be retarded, but he is totally reliable!

NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had one problem in the past where they sent me 5 CDs in a manilla envelope with one side taped. Of course the envelope arrived open with none of the CDs inside. This has had happened since JB took over the packing duties at FMP.

I don't think FMP ripped you off.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

dead gods

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

illomen wrote:
last time i ordered from ajna i didnt get my parcel but i am positive based on his reputation that he shipped it. jut because someone doesnt receive their order doesnt mean it wasnt shipped.

Weird - an AJNA order I made a while ago was only time I can recall that a large parcel never made it to me, and I'm in the US. Wonder what the fuck the deal is...
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem I know of with FMP is that they can be slow to ship at times.
- LEGION -

Location: - Somewhere Within The Fuckin Space / Time Continuum -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

illomen wrote:
how does this equal rip off? i dont think fmp would be as successful as it is if they went around ripping people off for one magazine. get real. it got lost in the mail or something.

- from what i remember, NO COLOURS used to rip people off, yet, people still order from them... im pretty sure SOMBRE RECORDS used to rip people off as well, yet, people kept dealing with them -

illomen wrote:
youre right. hes a shrewd fellow that j.b... give me a break, man. one zine? you really think he needs your five bucks that bad. get over it.

on his message board he makes fun of people who persistently complain because they didnt get their shit when they should realize that fucked up things happen when you trust the postal system. its just a loss. write to him and perhaps, if you arent a dick about it, you can come to some sort of solution. otherwise just deal with it.

- okay man, this isnt a personal attack on you [ atleast its not meant to be ], but, SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!! -

- im SOOO fuckin sick & tired of this shit. to say that the postal service is at fault for EVERYONE not receiving their orders is fuckin bullshit!!!!! -

- its the same shit on EVERY forum. someone doesnt receive their order from a "kvlt" label & all of a sudden, the herd comes to the labels defense & immediately blames the postal system. fuck that shit. ive seen this too many fuckin times over the fuckin years -

- apparently its only "metalheads" that the postal service steals from... no one else. they must have a the greatest fuckin metal collection the worlds ever seen -

- just because YOU might have a good relationship with a label / distro, doesnt mean that that label / distro doesnt rip others off. fuck that "reputation" thing -

- also, i dont think the "price amount" [ be it $5.00 or $500.00 ], if the person didnt receive what he ordered, its the fuckin labels / distros problem -

NWN PROD wrote:
I've had one problem in the past where they sent me 5 CDs in a manilla envelope with one side taped. Of course the envelope arrived open with none of the CDs inside. This has had happened since JB took over the packing duties at FMP.

- okay, now, if this happens, thats the postal systems fault. no argument from me about that -

dead gods wrote:
Weird - an AJNA order I made a while ago was only time I can recall that a large parcel never made it to me, and I'm in the US. Wonder what the fuck the deal is...

- you ever think that maybe, just maybe, he ripped you off?!?!? -

- [ BLASPHEMY / http://blasphemyritual.webs.com/ ] -

- [ UNHOLY ARCHANGEL / http://unholyarchangelworship.webs.com/ ] -
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- LEGION - wrote:
dead gods wrote:

- you ever think that maybe, just maybe, the postal system lost it!?!?! -
- LEGION -

Location: - Somewhere Within The Fuckin Space / Time Continuum -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodens Grav wrote:
- LEGION - wrote:
dead gods wrote:

- you ever think that maybe, just maybe, the postal system lost it!?!?! -

- no, i dont. i have more faith in the postal system than some label thats become "kvlt" -

- [ BLASPHEMY / http://blasphemyritual.webs.com/ ] -

- [ UNHOLY ARCHANGEL / http://unholyarchangelworship.webs.com/ ] -
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the postal system never loses packages?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: