P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Ondfødt (FIN)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eivittu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Ondfødt (FIN) Reply with quote

Got introduced to this band by a friend of mine some months ago and was completely blown away. There is this genuine madness in their sound and the music itself sounds like it was recorded in the golden years of Norwegian black metal. I seriously recommend you to check this new Finnish band out!

Here's what their current label has to say:
"It all started in April, 2013 when founding members Owe Inborr and Mikael Kåll decided to start a new raw black metal project. They spent a couple of days in the studio and soon Ondfødt’s first EP entitled “I” was released independently. The release of the EP turned out to be a success and it didn’t take long until all copies were sold out. Ondfødt immediately started to work on new material and signed a deal with Immortal Frost Productions for the release of their debut album.

After the release of the first EP Ondfødt recruited three new members: Bassist Dario Vujocevic, Drummer Simon Bondegård on Drums and Guitarist Juuso Englund. During the recordings of Ondfødt’s mighty debut, Simon Bondegård unfortunately had to leave the band and Vocalist Owe Inborr jumped in as replacement during the recordings.

Musically Ondfødt would best be described as raw Black Metal with influences from Rock n’ Roll and Thrash."

Some official links:
Website
Soundcloud
Facebook

Full YouTube upload of their debut EP: http://youtu.be/QRB6Db8eAfE

The band is out of their copies but there's a chance that their label (IFP) still has some copies left.
Swordmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just checking this out earlier. Not bad at all. I'd like to get my hands on some material.
Eivittu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A track from their upcoming album sounds promising as hell: http://youtu.be/88M8ylByeG0
Werwolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was musically impressed of this band to a certain degree but after getting in touch to see if there was anything beyond some good songs, it was obvious that I would not sign them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having problems taking a Finnish band with a Norwegian name serious.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

13 wrote:

The band is from Pietarsaari, and it's the part of Finland (aka "bättre folk" region) where they speak Swedish as their primary language.

"You can't hide the hook!"

Last edited by Tireheb on Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Eivittu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

13 wrote:

I was mostly confused by it but after checking the line-up, I realized these guys don't seem too Finnish. As a Finn I find it fascinating that they are using some other language than Finnish or English. That could also work as a good cover up for bad lyrics etc but I don't think that's the case here.
Steken

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
13 wrote:

The band is from Pietarsaari, and it's the part of Finland (aka "bättre folk" region) where they speak Swedish as their primary language.

OK, but judging from their song titles, the lyrics aren't in Swedish, either. For example, "Verden Er Min Slakteri" would be "Världen Är Mitt Slakteri."

"Verden Er Min Slakteri" sounds Norwegian to me, but of course I could be wrong...?
cmflesh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steken wrote:
Tireheb wrote:
13 wrote:

OK, but judging from their song titles, the lyrics aren't in Swedish, either. For example, "Verden Er Min Slakteri" would be "Världen Är Mitt Slakteri."

"Verden Er Min Slakteri" sounds Norwegian to me, but of course I could be wrong...?

Finlandssvensk aka. "suomenruottalaiset" are "special" so it's prolly just slang or some other bättrefolk shit.

As for the music, well.. Basically OK stuff but nothing to raise my sex appeal so I just hold on to skipping this.. Or then it's the bättrefolk thing, hahah.

Last edited by cmflesh on Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:34 am; edited 3 times in total
Speerhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds ok but it all just reeks of careerism.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Norwegian, not Swedish, no matter what dialects you are trying to bury it under.
Vegeta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steken wrote:

sounds more norwegian than swedish to me too - but the title "the world is my slaughterhouse" is kind of .. unintentionally funny

also "Ondfødt" just sounds to me like they really wanted the band to be called Ondskapt but figured they would have to go for a synonym

Kvlty wrote:
I Recently got heavily into Goat Semen and Anal vomit
Tuhkaa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those guys are pathetic...
Eivittu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I contacted the band about the issue and this is how they explained it:

"The thing is we sing in an "own" version of Swedish... Its a mix of our own local dialect that dates back for many centuries in the area and then we have borrowed words from other norse languages: Norwegian, Icelandic... Then how it is mixed varies from song to song. Some songs are completely in Swedish etc. Some are also completely in our dialect."
Eivittu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ondfødt posted "Hexkonst" album preview on their Soundcloud page. Immortal Frost Productions will be handing the CD while Witches On Fire Records puts out the cassette. There might also be a vinyl later on but that's uncertain at this point. The release date is yet to be announced but will most likely happen during 2014.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: