P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Hypothermia?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Opinion
Veins
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Köld
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Rakbladsvalsen
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Skogens hjärta
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Demos/EPs/splits
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Nothing. The music is shit. Fuck DSBM.
63%
 63%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 46

AmaLurra

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Hypothermia? Reply with quote

Damn good band I'd say. Anyone else feel the same or is this project just another boring load of DSBM?

I'm listening to Veins right now and it's very solid.

Last edited by AmaLurra on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seemed like this band was the hottest thing for a while there and then completely fell off the radar.
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Seemed like this band was the hottest thing for a while there and then completely fell off the radar.

I know what you mean here. To be entirely honest I didn't listen to the band up until around two years ago when I picked up the Rakbladsvalsen full-length on vinyl. That was my gateway into their other material, of which I find it all very immersive.
Buttcam

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not own any of their material, but I've seen them (him) live. A truly special, chilling experience.
Carpathian Florist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:

When was this? I remember just buying their cds in 2007 on a random whim. Was ok for awhile but until this thread I completely forgot they existed

NOBODY KNOWS IM A WEREWOLF
Frozen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably around the time when "suicidal black metal" was something people took seriously.
grindmonkeyagain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:
Probably around the time when "suicidal black metal" was something people took seriously.

I was already moving away from standard BM to Ross Bay stuff for awhile around that time. I appreciate most forms of black metal, but there's very little DSBM that I can actually take seriously. most of it sucks. if that's any indication of the band's sound, then It's probably good reason why this band flew under my radar during that time.
Abgrund

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gratoner Exclamation

Tradelist: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=542354#542354
mithrandir

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grindmonkeyagain wrote:
Frozen wrote:

I was already moving away from standard BM to Ross Bay stuff for awhile around that time. I appreciate most forms of black metal, but there's very little DSBM that I can actually take seriously. most of it sucks. if that's any indication of the band's sound, then It's probably good reason why this band flew under my radar during that time.

but don't you always move from one trend to the other pretty frequently?
grindmonkeyagain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mithrandir wrote:
grindmonkeyagain wrote:
Frozen wrote:

but don't you always move from one trend to the other pretty frequently?

not exactly. I still dig old darkthrone, both soulside and the early BM stuff, always have, plenty of good bands up there. or was, nothing from there really sticks anymore, I speak of recent bands, not the old guard. there was a brief moment where I liked Xasthur and Leviathan and Striborg but I got bored of it quickly. I still love grind and old DM. still love the Ross bay sound, that never went away.
Carpathian Florist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:

So when was this? BM fans are extremely thin on the ground where I am, I didn't realise this whole internet community existed until a few years ago. Never noticed these trends

NOBODY KNOWS IM A WEREWOLF
Frozen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpathian Florist wrote:
Frozen wrote:

So when was this? BM fans are extremely thin on the ground where I am, I didn't realise this whole internet community existed until a few years ago. Never noticed these trends

It might seem unbelievable now, but Kvarforth used to be one of the key players in the Swedish Black Metal scene. Even more so than Erik and Watain at that point. His label Selbstmord Records was a stronghold with new bands like Ondskapt, Craft and his own Shining. That came to an abrupt end around the time "III - Angst - Självdestruktivitetens emissarie" was released. He had pretty much lost all respect in the local underground due to his rip-off tendencies and ridiculous statements. But I guess his "concept" was popular enough to live on as a trend for a few years. Hypothermia was one of the bands that jumped on the bandwagon.

Last edited by Frozen on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jext7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abgrund wrote:
Gratoner Exclamation
Antimosh003

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace band. A prime example of a band being mistreated becuase of associated scenes, I get that, but im about 90% sure that when it isnt 'internet worthy', most of you will give up on the whole bestial black/death thing or similar once it is signed under 'whatever is put under assocaited labels' all flack will be put on the same band under a similar circumstance.
Hipsterfago

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grindmonkeyagain wrote:
Frozen wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: