P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Zine Size
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha! Also hate to wrote them, and not allways read them!

Anyway I hear that in Necroscope #20 exist about.... 400 reviews. I'll say thats true in this week, when finally arrive.
www.doomzine.bandcamp.com
avrlabel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I like to write review,he,he but when the album or demo is amazing.Sometimes its very hard to write a review but fuck..
Just imagine how is when you write per issue around 100-200 reviews or in Necroscope example over the 400.Its a hellish hard work,I know that becouse in same suffer I am.But always support good new bands.
I really enjoy writting of review for Nekros Manteia demo,its something new and original that I have heard after a whole thousands of aggressive old school bands.
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O like the most to vrite review of reall piece of shit Twisted Evil
www.doomzine.bandcamp.com
avrlabel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black_Fire wrote:
O like the most to vrite review of reall piece of shit Twisted Evil

Yes its great but I dont want to be the killer of the bands will..he,he..
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.charlach wrote:
Or let's take -just for example- the ninth issue of Psicoterror. Read it at a friend lately as I was highly interested in that Negative Plane interview.

I never got my hands on this one. I heard it's not very good.
Dhorshonkari

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:

I never got my hands on this one. I heard it's not very good.

It ain't bad, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

The most annoying has to be the editor's tendency to bring up that 'Devil worship' is not really Satansim, it doesn't make any sense blah blah blah at every fucking given chance. Sure it's his zine and ultimately his opinions will come across, but the Negative Plane interview is just fucking stupid. Not due to NP, but the editor. Plus the photoshoped Baphomet images imposed on fascist/war pics, accompanied by Nietzsche quotes...is so 2001. Yawn.
IntoTheAbyss

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black_Fire wrote:

Anyway I hear that in Necroscope #20 exist about.... 400 reviews. I'll say thats true in this week, when finally arrive.

mannn, to write reviews of hundred items is a pain in the ass....you might feel some kind of bored after listening few items.... especially these days lots of shit bands!!! argghh......
avrlabel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheAbyss wrote:
Black_Fire wrote:

mannn, to write reviews of hundred items is a pain in the ass....you might feel some kind of bored after listening few items.... especially these days lots of shit bands!!! argghh......

Yes you are totaly right.
masters_throne

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the perfect reviews:

Worse one:
Spectral – Dawn of Gods (Self-release)
Spectral, a black metal band from Germany is coming from an area close to mine. I can remember seeing them in 1999, together with Desaster and Warrant. They looked like black metal clowns back then, if I am remember right. Today, they don not show an overdose of spikes and chains and such (but they are also far away from a so called “good looking” band, hrhr.) One of them is still wearing a “vrillie-hemd” (hehe, insider), probably he don not know that this crap looks totally boring and stupid on his body. But what the fuck! Why the hell I am talking about shit like CLOTHES and such! Music is what counts. Unfortunately; they play boring stuff which can not convince me at all. And while reading lines of nonsense like “this is a symbiosis of Black Metal, Viking Metal and Power Metal” I just have to puke. This is absolutely NOT BLACK METAL! I really can not see something what has to do with the real meaning of black metal. The lyrics are just stupid tales about Odin and other fantasy shit. The main voice of singer Zerberus is quite okay, but the higher screams makes me laugh only. It sounds like a crying child. Satanic Warmaster had this kind of voice at least in their background, where Spectral do not hesitate to put that voice on highest volume. As I have told, it makes me laugh only. There are some more irritating things on the vocals like that more than stupid “hail, hail, hail” on ”Iron Demons” or the wannabe clear one like on some different songs. That is just nothing. Some parts a really promising. Well, about the music: they are trying to do songs in a hymn-like vein, sometimes even epical sounding. But they are failing all the time. I do not want to tell that Spectral are bad musicians, everybody can immediately recognize that they are skilled on their instruments, but the needed kick is completely missed. The CD consists of 10 tracks (the last one “Dawn of Gods” (Ragnarök Part 2) is the highlight on that album, with a rough sound it would be probably a killer song) and has a running-time of 43 minutes. If you still want to get that album write to German Wollwert (Kai??), the price is 12€, but I do not know if it is inclusive p&p.

Good one:
SABBAT - …to Praise the Sabbatical Queen (I.P. 038)
Sabbat is around since over 20 years know. Most of today’s black metal elite wasn’t even born when Sabbat did their first steps. “…to Praise the Sabbatical Queen” is their 20th anniversary album, although delayed for two years (as the band exists since 1983, even though the booklet says “20 years of Sabbatical Regency 1984-2004). This CD here is a compilation of some of their coolest stuff. The running time is over 73 minutes, so you will get value for money. The booklet consists of 8 pages (great layout and pictures, just the lyrics are missed) and 15 tracks are featured. But let us talk about the track-list: Opener is “Gok Kan Ma”, of course new recorded. The new sound is okay, but I prefer the one on my (!) small 7”Picture EP! It is the same with “Snow Woman”. Yet, the sound is more powerful. Other great songs got also re-recorded like “Mion´s Hill”, “Black Fire” (version number 666??) and “Envenom Into the Witch’s Hole”. The other songs (too many too mention all) have the same good sound. Besides the live-recordings from 1995, but they are not bad. “Mion’s Hill” got a special 20th anniversary version (Epic Gezol version), I guess that song has got the most different versions for about the last 3 years (remember the “Mion’s Hill” 12” album with 4 different versions included). “Possessed Hammer” is also included; maybe some of you do know that a guy with the same name of the song was for a short time (one gig) in Sabbat. Ok, the songs are great, I prefer the ones on their older releases, but some tracks I’ve listen to the first time, as I have completely lost the over-sight of releases of Sabbat. If you don’t know the band: Sabbat is playing a varied style of Black Metal. The band got inspired by Venom, that’s clear. The voice is varied too; usual screams and grunts meet the great-sounding weird/clean/possessed one of Gezol. Btw, the LP-version is even (or of course) more noble/embossed than the CD-version. You should get that item, too. Hail Sabbat. We will celebrate even your 50th anniversary in 2033!! I believe Sabbat will live forever…

I always try to be as informative and subjective as possible, but sometimes really bad shit will get only an one-liner, haha. In the meantime it became quite annoying to write reviews. The next Hellpike issue (crossed fingers for a release at the same time as the LD pic will be released) will consist of at least 400 reviews. After that release I will stop to review EVERYTHING I get. It is too much in the meantime and I have no time for all these shitty shounding releases. I will definetely select these for the next issue in 2016...

= KILL I =
= KILL II =

Last edited by masters_throne on Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
masters_throne

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I probably got about 20-25 promo CD's within one year just from NO COLOURS. Their (99%) shit is sounding all the same...

That is my Nargaroth review for the upcoming issue:
NARGAROTH – Semper Fidelis (No Colours)
That shit is absolutely not worth mentioning…

All No Colours reviews are almost identically in the next issue:

BE PERSECUTED – I.I. (No Colours)
Here we have "the first great Black Metal act from China". "Here we have the next boring suicide influenced trend crap" would fit probably even better. Some cool moments are to be found, but after all it sukk…

Another one:

INVICTUS – Imperium Paganum (No Colours)
Well, here we have Sahsnot, one Hungarian pagan warrior that fights against Christianity with his Bontempi Keyboard under his arm. Will he win? Definitely not! The music follows the trails that once were trampled by Mortiis with all his projects. Compared to this, Mortiis was a fukkin' genius behind his Yamaha-sword-axe, haha! Just forget Invictus, the band. Get releases from Invictus, the label…

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
avrlabel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes its ok if you select a releases for review but still it is boring when all reviews are positive..he,he..
Few negative review on shitty releases are always good...
masters_throne

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

avrlabel wrote:
Yes its ok if you select a releases for review but still it is boring when all reviews are positive..he,he..
Few negative review on shitty releases are always good...

To select the reviewed stuff was not equal to write only good ones. that would be a pain in the ass. i just think it must fit, there should be only two kind of reviews: to praise a release or to mock about one. nothing between...

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
masters_throne

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the AVERAGE ones shouldn't be printed like: uh, this sounds okay and one can try and check for oneself. maybe you like it, and that kind of thit.

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehe, reviews. Most of the reviews I wrote for EM are now totally old and useless, so they're being tossed. I still owe it everyone who sent stuff for review a review, so I will include those.

To me a review is nothing more than a writer who likes to write, expressing his feels on a release he's heard. I don't know how many base what they buy on reviews, but I do know that they can dictate what a person will buy, depending on who's writing it and that's a good thing. If I could prevent one more scenster shit band from being taken serious, or make a numb skull totally feel like a fool for "supporting" a crappy trend band by pointing out exactly why they suck, then that's great.

I'll also use "constructive' criticism in some rare cases. I know a lot of people on a personal and friendly level who's creative endeavors I've ripped apart.

There is nothing I hate more than pretentious, kiss ass reviews written by people who'll give something a great review without even listening to it, due to the fact they're just around to make friends and have a social outlet. The lack of standard and honest opinion these days is overwhelming.
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

masters_throne wrote:

there should be only two kind of reviews: to praise a release or to mock about one. nothing between...

Exactly. The latter are often more interesting, or should I say amusing, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: