P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

SATYRICON BURZUM UNANIMATED etc. fan club release BOOTLEGS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
s.charlach

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Descension wrote:
I want UNANIMATED on wax. If they sound as good as the CD I would possibly pay. Bergtatt too.

Pardon my na´vetÚ, and let's forget for a sec that I've seen a handful of those bootlegs in question with my own eyes, and the covers are, just like Mikael stated earlier, just blown up scans from the CD covers as might be expected which kind of draws conclusions about the audio content, doesn't it, but I have to ask, what's the point in shelling out 25 Euro / about 32 bucks for a vinyl bootleg that hopefully sounds "as good as the CD"? Even if we come from the, well, under these circumstances, best source that the audio content was drawn from the original CDs, I really don't get comments like yours stating you needed it "on wax" when in fact there hasn't been made any effort to meet the requirements of this very format. Is it really just the illusion of having an album on vinyl these days? I have no idea about "Ancient God of Evil", but you can easily get a "Bergtatt" CD for less than 25 Euro, and surprise, you can listen to CDs, too.
Stalinorgel
banned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodens Grav wrote:
Stalinorgel is one stupid, illogical motherfucker.

Which faggot are you again excactly?

Edit: Haha, is there any place in the internet where you are NOT registered ? Fucking internet bigmouth, go shot yourself, "Dodens Grav", you little wannabe Norwegian Yankee doodle.
Weltbrand

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.charlach wrote:
Descension wrote:
I want UNANIMATED on wax. If they sound as good as the CD I would possibly pay. Bergtatt too.

Pardon my na´vetÚ, and let's forget for a sec that I've seen a handful of those bootlegs in question with my own eyes, and the covers are, just like Mikael stated earlier, just blown up scans from the CD covers as might be expected which kind of draws conclusions about the audio content, doesn't it, but I have to ask, what's the point in shelling out 25 Euro / about 32 bucks for a vinyl bootleg that hopefully sounds "as good as the CD"? Even if we come from the, well, under these circumstances, best source that the audio content was drawn from the original CDs, I really don't get comments like yours stating you needed it "on wax" when in fact there hasn't been made any effort to meet the requirements of this very format. Is it really just the illusion of having an album on vinyl these days? I have no idea about "Ancient God of Evil", but you can easily get a "Bergtatt" CD for less than 25 Euro, and surprise, you can listen to CDs, too.

Agreed completely. I don't generally buy CDs, but if the only option is a poorly done bootleg (or sometimes poorly done official release) I'll stick with high bitrate mp3s. If I really need to see the artwork, I'll look it up online. These bootlegs are as worthless as a scratched up CDR with 'Darktrone' scribbled on it with felt pen.
ADB

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.charlach wrote:
Descension wrote:

Yeah, this kind of destroys the whole point of vinyl, in that it can offer sound properties that CD can't, hence why certain people (myself included) would prefer a decently done vinyl. But if it only sounds as good as the CD, what's the fucking point? Poorly blown up artwork ripped off the net?
Wolfram

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some pics.

I listened to:

Ancient Rites - Fatherland (sounds ok, digital like the CD itself , but the productions and triggered drums are to blame for that)
Absurd - Facta Loquunter LP (sounds like the NCR press, which I spun right after)
Horrified - Eternal God (nothing to compare it to, but sounds somewhat thin)

Anybody thinking they're buying or selling these as 'original first press' is a total idiot because the covers of most of these are blurred and pixeled. The only one that looks really good is the Absurd one, which is black and white and therefor easy to copy.

They're not pressed at GZ, German press I think.

The fact that the prices are so ridiculously high is the shittiest about these records.. They're just not really worth the 25 euro's/$30 you'll pay as a minimum.

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/Jasper81_2006/?action=view&current=IMG_0356.jpg

Wolfram

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS They look better on the photo's than in 'real life'
Weltbrand

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so funny to me that they used the inner sleeve for 'DMT' and not the actual sleeve. What a bizarre idea.
moonan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pictures
Descension

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, they don't have any inners and they cost 25 euro?

wat.

Thanks for the photographic effort, btw.
krakentorso

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfram wrote:

The fact that the prices are so ridiculously high is the shittiest about these records.. They're just not really worth the 25 euro's/$30 you'll pay as a minimum.

so you bought 15 records for 25 euro each for curiosity just to find out that the price for each is too high and that each one isn't really worth the 25 euro?! Confused
NuclearGoatVomit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least the Burzum replicas cost 25, not 250 eur Very Happy
Might take those as well the Mayhem Deathcrush LP.
krakentorso

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Descension wrote:

hmm, maybe the diabolic plan behind this is to avoid the printing costs of these inners and thus to raise the profit per each sold copy? just a crazy idea of mine ...
snt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Descension wrote:

wat.

Thanks for the photographic effort, btw.

15eur or 12eur if you buy 3 or more. But postage is very expensive.
ADB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NuclearGoatVomit wrote:
Well, at least the Burzum replicas cost 25, not 250 eur Very Happy
Might take those as well the Mayhem Deathcrush LP.

But if it's a gamble to even match CD quality, what's the point? Just to say you have it on vinyl on your shelf?
Wolfram

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krakentorso wrote:
Wolfram wrote:

so you bought 15 records for 25 euro each for curiosity just to find out that the price for each is too high and that each one isn't really worth the 25 euro?! Confused

Nope Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 8 of 18

Jump to: