P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

SATYRICON BURZUM UNANIMATED etc. fan club release BOOTLEGS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
scentofdeath



Joined: 14 Aug 2011
Posts: 741

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ac!dM!nd wrote:
Dont understand why lables who make releases themselves selling this.


Now you know whose integrity is and whose is not.
_________________
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Flight-Of-Sleipnir/267879219900772
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sztorm75



Joined: 26 Sep 2008
Posts: 4000
Location: Warsaw, Poland

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who has the Burzum s/t and Aske MLP for sale?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
scentofdeath



Joined: 14 Aug 2011
Posts: 741

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sztorm75 wrote:
Who has the Burzum s/t and Aske MLP for sale?


Check Hells Headbangers they have some BOB copies. Good looking and cheaper too! Smile
_________________
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Flight-Of-Sleipnir/267879219900772
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mysticus



Joined: 19 Sep 2007
Posts: 1251
Location: Mother Europe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sztorm75 wrote:
Who has the Burzum s/t and Aske MLP for sale?


Undercover Records
_________________
www.hexencave.wz.cz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DTBRex



Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 3101
Location: Arktogäa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfram wrote:

Absurd - Facta Loquunter LP (sounds like the NCR press, which I spun right after)


Looks really ok even to the point of the exact center labels having been used... what kinda makes me wonder if they come from the same source as the first edition, actually. Cool I have to ask for royalties, then. Very Happy
_________________
Solitary Elitism: www.darker-than-black.com
Death Camp: www.black-metal-mailorder.com
Discogs of Darkness: www.discogs.com/seller/DTBRex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
krakentorso



Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 1550
Location: ger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
Wolfram wrote:

Absurd - Facta Loquunter LP (sounds like the NCR press, which I spun right after)


Looks really ok even to the point of the exact center labels having been used... what kinda makes me wonder if they come from the same source as the first edition, actually. Cool I have to ask for royalties, then. Very Happy


H., from your point of view, as a concerned one: how do you judge this ?

generally: I think its a problem when we look in to the future and see the "second hand record market" in 10 years is flooded by releases that almost look like the original ones. When you want a firstpress of which you know the sound is decent and can afford to pay 70 euro for, its simply not tolerable to face the fact that you MAYBE get a mediocre sounding bootleg (when even the matrix numbers are identical...).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DTBRex



Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 3101
Location: Arktogäa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krakentorso wrote:
DTBRex wrote:
Wolfram wrote:

Absurd - Facta Loquunter LP (sounds like the NCR press, which I spun right after)


Looks really ok even to the point of the exact center labels having been used... what kinda makes me wonder if they come from the same source as the first edition, actually. Cool I have to ask for royalties, then. Very Happy


H., from your point of view, as a concerned one: how do you judge this ?

generally: I think its a problem when we look in to the future and see the "second hand record market" in 10 years is flooded by releases that almost look like the original ones. When you want a firstpress of which you know the sound is decent and can afford to pay 70 euro for, its simply not tolerable to face the fact that you MAYBE get a mediocre sounding bootleg (when even the matrix numbers are identical...).


Yes, you are right and I agree. Many times, ppl ask me to verify some old Absurd-release - be it any of the demos or any of the vinyl first presses - and I usually ask for photos to have a look. Then it used to be pretty easy to tell if it's legit or a bootleg. Mind you, the people asking me were considering spending a lot of cash for the records in question, thus I feel obliged to give them the best answer possible.

With this bootleg edition of F.L. now available, it will be impossible to tell the difference between the first press original and the bootleg vinyl if all you have is a photo to look at. Hence I have to decline verifying the authenticity of this particular record if anyone would ask me to in future. Instead, I would advise this person to buy the SSP-edition of this vinyl (even though I do understand that's not what a vinyl collector is truly interested in), because that's the only legit edition I can vouch for.

I think it's pretty much ridiculous to imagine you'd need a certified vinyl expert who can review a 2nd hand record to say if it's genuine or not, but maybe we are coming to that point fairly soon.

It's easy to tell for albums which never have been released on vinyl prior to the bootleg edition, but in a case like the F.L. first edition vinyl this is becoming next to impossible and this really sucks big time, for all I can say.
_________________
Solitary Elitism: www.darker-than-black.com
Death Camp: www.black-metal-mailorder.com
Discogs of Darkness: www.discogs.com/seller/DTBRex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Wolfram



Joined: 17 Jun 2007
Posts: 2605

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:


It's easy to tell for albums which never have been released on vinyl prior to the bootleg edition, but in a case like the F.L. first edition vinyl this is becoming next to impossible and this really sucks big time, for all I can say.


Hendrik, what are you talking about? Ever real Absurd fan and collector knows the original FL is on mint green vinyl.

Maybe you forgot after your personal copy got confiscated years ago? Cool
_________________
www.new-era-productions.nl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DTBRex



Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 3101
Location: Arktogäa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfram wrote:
DTBRex wrote:


It's easy to tell for albums which never have been released on vinyl prior to the bootleg edition, but in a case like the F.L. first edition vinyl this is becoming next to impossible and this really sucks big time, for all I can say.


Hendrik, what are you talking about? Ever real Absurd fan and collector knows the original FL is on mint green vinyl.

Maybe you forgot after your personal copy got confiscated years ago? Cool


I am getting old, then? Very Happy Somehow I was under the impression there were plain black vinyls for this LP edition too. I have to double-check with those who released it back in the days.
_________________
Solitary Elitism: www.darker-than-black.com
Death Camp: www.black-metal-mailorder.com
Discogs of Darkness: www.discogs.com/seller/DTBRex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Wolfram



Joined: 17 Jun 2007
Posts: 2605

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty sure all were green.. Or my collection is incomplete and I'm on the hunt for one! Very Happy

http://www.cultmetal.com/absurd-facta-loquuntur
_________________
www.new-era-productions.nl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DTBRex



Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 3101
Location: Arktogäa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfram wrote:
pretty sure all were green.. Or my collection is incomplete and I'm on the hunt for one! Very Happy

http://www.cultmetal.com/absurd-facta-loquuntur


Yes that'd be cool if they were all green, but I have that faint memory (or illusion thereof) as if there were black ones made, too. Either before or after the green ones, or as part of the initial pressing. That green colour was an idea of Richard and to Steffen, it didn't matter what colour it is.
_________________
Solitary Elitism: www.darker-than-black.com
Death Camp: www.black-metal-mailorder.com
Discogs of Darkness: www.discogs.com/seller/DTBRex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Wolfsturm888



Joined: 27 Jul 2011
Posts: 810

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only remember green vinyl as far as F.L. is concerned...


Actually it seems that Perverted Taste sells TONS of bootlegs from Dodheimsgard / Sigh / Burzum / Tormentor / Ancient Rites etc. etc. - they even claim them to be "originals"... Unbelieveable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
samsquanch



Joined: 16 Nov 2010
Posts: 752

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
it didn't matter what colour it is.


That would be a first for you Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OldLadyDriver



Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 1109
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My copy is also green, and i have actually never seen a black one back then...
_________________
good deals with wolfram, mickO)), luca bright, Portentum, xyosefx, Chit019, bMz, Stygian shadows zine, funeralfog666, jesus iglesias, paria, humus, somberlain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Portentum



Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Posts: 410
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I´m not a nitpicker or something but we should call a spade a spade and these "bootlegs" counterfeits. Cause that´s what they are. A bootleg is imo a live recording or a sampler with rare songs of a band that weren´t released but not an entire album rereleased without permission. And btw the market is flooded with such "pirate"-pressings. Some better, some shittier. I already saw Iron Maiden "Japanese-Editions" LPs with an obi printed(!) on the covers haha.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 11 of 18

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group