P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

LABELS AND COMUNICATION
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lordnausea

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: LABELS AND COMUNICATION Reply with quote

Two weeks ago I sent various e-mails to ZYKLON-B and DEATHRUNE RECORDS to make an order to their webshops.

And the result is NO FUCKING ANSWER. Whyyy???. However their respective webs have been updated in last days.

Other label, HAMMERBUND, send me the answer to my order and told me to send me the bank info for the payment a month ago. And still waiting...

It make me wonder a lot of questions about how some people manage their labels (with a huge lack of interest). But it is strange, do they really give a fuck about this??

In other hand, WEREWOLF PROMOTION, HIGH ROLLER RECORDS, NORTHERN HERITAGE, HEIDEN HART, SADOLUST RECORDS, MERCHANT OF DEATH, BUBONIC PROD all made me a satisfied buyer.

http://www.discogs.com/seller/07mgl
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone wants to run a label or a distro and get their share of the cred to kvlt but few actually have what it takes to run one properly.
Mikael

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZYKLON-B and DEATHRUNE RECORDS. There's your answer, better to find the stuff elsewhere if you really want them.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this will inevitably turn into the 1000th incarnation of "quit whining" vs "run your label responsibly" camps, but the bottom line is.... well I don't know. I tend not to order again from labels that take a week or two to mail out my stuff, pack it poorly or overcharge out the ass on shipping. Same way I don't return to restaurants that have shitty food and ugly waitresses.

Yet there are always exceptions, and what are we if we unable to forgive? But forget? Never....
LuiSlayer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zyklon-B ripped me off once. Deathrune (Death To Mankind in those days...) almost ripped me off another time. And I'm very happy to say that these 2, alongside one Portuguese distro, are the only cases where I had trouble in almost 20 years of ordering from Underground labels...

I understand that people have a job and a life besides the label, but sometimes things are very annoying... An email doesn't take too long to answer...

Last edited by LuiSlayer on Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
antihumanism

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikael wrote:
ZYKLON-B and DEATHRUNE RECORDS. There's your answer, better to find the stuff elsewhere if you really want them.

completely agree
invinCIBility

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuiSlayer wrote:
Zyklon-B ripped me off once. Deathrune (Death To Mankind in those days...) almost ripped me off another time. And I'm very happy to say that these 2, alongside one Portuguese distro, are the only cases where I had trouble in almost 20 years of ordering from Underground labels...

I understand that people have a job and a life besides the label, but sometimes things are very annoying... An email doesn't take too long to answer...

Who was the Portugese distro, Frenteuropa?
LuiSlayer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

invinCIBility wrote:
LuiSlayer wrote:

Yes.
invinCIBility

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuiSlayer wrote:
invinCIBility wrote:
LuiSlayer wrote:

Yes.

Last edited by invinCIBility on Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
holy ghost

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to amend what I said above. I would never go back to a restaurant with ugly servers.
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:
I want to amend what I said above. I would never go back to a restaurant with ugly servers.

Good man.
Vega360

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's simple you run a label, you gotta actually deal with people. Of course anything that is simple the most complicated thing in the entire world. I've had labels say the reason their pack isn't arrived yet is cause there mom hasn't gone to the post office yet.

Hammerbund is simply retarded. He ripped me off, then when I got some Drudkh reissue project he was involved in tied up in delays after a very childish e-mail in his absolutely awful english I finally got my stuff a year later. I think SOM owns all the recordings now so they never got to do it anyways. If you speak German though you'll probably get a lot better results.

Sadly Professionalism in Black Metal is rare. Usually the less interesting the label, the better communication you get.

Running a Distro = Doing Work
Most of Black Metal people = Lazy Fucks

Think the problem is pretty self explanatory.
www.vinlandspecialservices.bandcamp.com
www.vinlandss.wordpress.com
www.ilsakoch.wordpress.com
S.P.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: LABELS AND COMUNICATION Reply with quote

lordnausea wrote:
Two weeks ago I sent various e-mails to ZYKLON-B and DEATHRUNE RECORDS to make an order to their webshops.

And the result is NO FUCKING ANSWER. Whyyy???. However their respective webs have been updated in last days.

Other label, HAMMERBUND, send me the answer to my order and told me to send me the bank info for the payment a month ago. And still waiting...

Never ordered from Zyklon-B or Deathrune myself because of the bad feedback I've read about them, but I did a succesful trade with Hammerbund about a month ago. They are reliable and a proper distro in my books.
lordnausea

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: LABELS AND COMUNICATION Reply with quote

S.P. wrote:

Never ordered from Zyklon-B or Deathrune myself because of the bad feedback I've read about them, but I did a succesful trade with Hammerbund about a month ago. They are reliable and a proper distro in my books.

Maybe just a bit forgetful.

http://www.discogs.com/seller/07mgl
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone wants to pretend like pre-internet era was better, cause to send a inquiry letter or whatever would take forever... now people send 100+ emails in a week to inquire the same thing.

Sympathies and scorn for some labels... personally not worth ordering anything from someone not active on this forum actually, this place tends to keep people that care about their reputation somewhat pleasent to deal with, or they always were... but the forum is a good sign of who is who.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: