P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

mid 90's band from Australia - Mysterium - any info?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chich666

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: mid 90's band from Australia - Mysterium - any info? Reply with quote

I am wondering if anyone can assist with some information on a mysterious mid 90ís band from Australia called Mysterium.

In this day and age I would have thought there would have been a listing on Metal Archives Ė but there is nothing at all.

Anyway back in the mid 90ís I had a dub of a demo, or it was possibly a promo advance copy of the recording planned to be released on CD by Bloodless Creations. Bloodless Creations was the ill fated label of Shane Rout/ Abyssic Hate, which folded after 2 releases - therefore the Mysterium CD obviously never got released.

With the recording I remember the sound production and song writing was professional, being very much a synth heavy black metal sound in the vein of Emperor and Ulver.

As I donít have the tape anyone, I am curious if there is any information available on this obscure band and whether anyone has a copy of this recording floating around, which I would be keen to hear again.

Any information would be appreciated!!!
Blood and Thunder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you know of the Armoured Angel ep of the same name. That came out in 94 if memory serves. I dont recall shane had any band of that name on his horizons. In fact the samain and ab hate/dhf releases took so long he was iver it by the time they were released and taking over darker than black.
Then the devil must...

http://www.blackmetalrevolution.com/preview.html
http://www.blackmetalrevolution.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/bmrevolution
chich666

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This afternoon I dug up a little photocopy newletter booklet from Bloodless Creations from 1996 with interviews with upcoming artists at the time including Mists of Darkness ( dark ambient ) and GOTH ( a band featuring ex Gospel of the Horns singer Transvaal). It also included a short blurb on Samain and Mysterium - so it is certainly a different band and not the Armored Angel MCD. The Mysterium blurb stated that are a new band with an upcoming mini CD and that "Mysterium have no contact address and are unable to answer any mail whatsoever".

So I gather I had a promo copy of the MCD based on this info - but still mystery about who was behind the band and what happened to the recording.
abyssusnex

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a copy of the Mysterium you're talking about. "Battlefield of the Ancients" is the title. Email me abysmalsounds@gmail.com if you would like to arrange a dub.
Aurora Australis

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Myrddraal Reply with quote

Abysmal Sounds released Myrddraal in October 2013.

You can get a copy here. Or contact Abysmal Sounds (abysmalsounds@gmail.com) for wholesale / trades.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: