P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Black Mark LP reissues
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mysticus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Black Mark LP reissues Reply with quote

Got E.O.Sanity - The Spectral Sorrows LP today but....

When I ordered this album I expected double vinyl due its long playing time, but this is just one LP!!! Yes, almost 54 minutes squeezed in one LP. Ridiculous but true!!!

How is the sound on their Bathory re-issues???
minge-eater

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the original lp was on one lp so why so riduculous

TRUE KVNT
Descension twat of the year
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got the Bathory's from 2005 or so...the sound is okay to my ears, but I don't have original copies to compare it too...
blewcheer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sound of the recent-ish reissue of Hammerheart is great, but the jacket is paper-thin.
Mysticus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for letting me know. Ive just been wondered. As far as I know, vinyl factories recommend max.24 minutes per side, otherwise the sound of the record would be lowered.
Dalen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never had an issue with the sound when it comes to any BM repress but their jackets are so goddamn poor. Besides those thin Bathory ones I remember comparing Unorthodox's first re-release (2003 press?) with the original and the colors on the cover looked pretty fucked up. Confused
SvartRec

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that simple. The recommendation for direct metal mastering is indeed 24 minutes per side, after which the volume levels will drop but not necessarily considerably. Depends on the music - drum'n'bass willprobably sound crappy if you squeeze 25 minutes per side, but heavy metal won't if it's mastered properly. Which I suppose is not the case with Black Mark's reissues?
Lothar Schramm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mysticus wrote:
Thanks for letting me know. Ive just been wondered. As far as I know, vinyl factories recommend max.24 minutes per side, otherwise the sound of the record would be lowered.

If 24 minutes per side is recommended, then pushing it to 27 for metal is not a huge thing. For a 7", I believe 4.5 minutes is recommended per side, but up to 7-8 minutes is not uncommon. Like Necrovation - Chants of Grim Death or Repugnant - Premature Burial, just to give a few examples. They sound decent to me.

Personally I prefer single LP whenever possible. With double there is too much side flipping going on, I tend to listen less to double vinyls, like the new Autopsy LP. If double vinyl is necessary, then I prefer music on three sides only.

Same with 7" EP's. I tend to put on those with two songs per side. Like Necrovation and Repugnant.
Trade list
probert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sleeve quality of the bathory reissues. keep in mind that the vinyl is 180G and theres 2 that are 2x180G in these TP sleeves!

oh well, they sound great so i really dont care. ive never seen a vinyl outer jacket this thin though, i have inner sleeves that are thicker than this.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probert wrote:

sleeve quality of the bathory reissues. keep in mind that the vinyl is 180G and theres 2 that are 2x180G in these TP sleeves!

oh well, they sound great so i really dont care. ive never seen a vinyl outer jacket this thin though, i have inner sleeves that are thicker than this.

Wow, my reissue from 05 or whatever is nowhere near that thin....neither are the two edge of sanity reissues from black mark....
NX-01

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah my brother got a few of the new Bathory reissues, we can't believe how shitty thin the jackets are. a few of them arrived krunked on the corners, and do almost nothing to protect the vinyls during transport. i'm surprised they didn't split during shipping.
ADB

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's ridiculous. Might just wait for another repress if they fix the jackets
blewcheer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probert's pic is no lie. It's fucking ridiculous. I am absolutely amazed that the Hammerheart 2LP didn't arrive with seam splits due to being "thick" space-wise but with a paper-thin jacket. Honestly though, the sound quality is excellent, which is what really matters.
NuclearGoatVomit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lothar Schramm wrote:
For a 7", I believe 4.5 minutes is recommended per side, but up to 7-8 minutes is not uncommon. Like Necrovation - Chants of Grim Death or Repugnant - Premature Burial, just to give a few examples. They sound decent to me.

You know, my bands' first 7"EP is like 17 minutes long and it still sounds like it should be. It was pressed in GZ. The label owner said that a side of a 7"EP can be up to 10 min max.
probert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NuclearGoatVomit wrote:
Lothar Schramm wrote:
For a 7", I believe 4.5 minutes is recommended per side, but up to 7-8 minutes is not uncommon. Like Necrovation - Chants of Grim Death or Repugnant - Premature Burial, just to give a few examples. They sound decent to me.

You know, my bands' first 7"EP is like 17 minutes long and it still sounds like it should be. It was pressed in GZ. The label owner said that a side of a 7"EP can be up to 10 min max.

theres no set length, it depends on how much low end you want your record to have. scratchy ass punk bands have no problem fitting 10 mins on a side if they want to. the antaeus/katharsis is really long. katharsis side is around 9 minutes, antaeus is around 7.

love you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: