P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

New DHG album FINALLY!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klown

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject: New DHG album FINALLY! Reply with quote

From the band's official facebook page:

Dødheimsgard, Norway’s premier experimental extremists have completed work on their fifth album, titled ‘A Umbra Omega’, and set for release on March 16th on Peaceville Records.

One of the top bands and boundary-pushing visionaries of the mid-90’s Norwegian Black Metal evolution, having released 4 full-length albums since their inception, DHG are widely hailed as masters of dark & psychotic psychedelia-tinged extremity.

The first fruits of DHG’s re-animated labour manifest in the shape of new studio album, ‘A Umbra Omega’, with original co-founding member Aldrahn (Thorns/The Deathtrip) making a return to the asylum on vocal duties alongside Vicotnik’s exquisite & unconventional compositions & structures.

‘A Umbra Omega’ is DHG’s first album since 2007’s ‘Supervillain Outcast’ opus, and undoubtedly marks the band’s most challenging work to date; twisted, technical, sprawling epics & an inverted outlook on existence from the depths of band mastermind/writer/producer Vicotnik, with similarities drawn to previous classic DHG works such as ‘666 International’ and ‘Satanic Art’. A raw and organic production permeates the album courtesy of Vicotnik himself, with the album mastered at Strype Audio in Oslo by Tom Kvålsvoll.

Dødheimsgard was formed in 1994 by Vicotnik & Aldrahn. The early incarnation was that of a raw and melodic black metal band, with their debut album also featuring Fenriz of Darkthrone on bass, before the poisons of a more avantgarde & schizophrenic concoction started to take hold.
scentofdeath

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward to hear this. I really loved Supervillain Outcast and 666 Int. and I still enjoy them.
rauta

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone please return to the sound of Monumental Possession & Black Thrash Attack.
NuclearGoatVomit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY!!!!
Steken

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rauta wrote:
Someone please return to the sound of Satanic Art
ToadstoolMoon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely great to see Aldrahn back on track, but I don't have high hopes about this since the last album was pretty awful.
Moonthorn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I love how they sounded on their debut or on Monumental Possession (or on Satanic Art, for that matter), wishing they would return to their past sound is rather pointless. Even if it's done only as a statement to underline that not all are fond of their current approach. Those releases are untouchable and any attempt to re-create them will end up sounding either forced or simply shitty and not the same.

Even though Supervillain Outcast isn't a triumph from start to finish, I still like the certain feeling of industrial-age diabolism that some songs manage to evoke. There are a bunch of killer riffs on that one and the mechanical ferocity matches the concept pretty well. On the cd version the drums sounded at times rather awful but on vinyl the general sound is a tad less polished and that certainly smooths things for me.

DHG is definitely not the same band as it used to be in "the glory days" but I don't see that as a bad thing at all. They have evolved in the direction they have deemed fit and they continue to put out records that are interesting and very enjoyable. I'm personally looking forward to hearing their new album as well. With reservations, that is. There is room for both DHG and Dødheimsgard on my record shelf. Speaking of which, I truly hope Peaceville gets around to doing the vinyl re-press of Kronet Til Konge and Monumental Possession soon... Can't wait for those two!
rauta

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd settle for Aura Noir recording their albums with that sound / production again. Never bothered to find out where or how they did it though.
Dismal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. Good that Aldrahn is back on vocals; one of my favourite vocalists.
NuclearGoatVomit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it's something between Satanic Art & 666 International. I hope it's nothing like black/thrash Mr. Green
DFP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1996: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1v2_nP6EB8

1999: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDfRrSIVvvc
Klown

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NuclearGoatVomit wrote:
I hope it's something between Satanic Art & 666 International. I hope it's nothing like black/thrash Mr. Green

This.
blewcheer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really looking forward to this. The last album was really underrated, but would have been leagues better with Aldrahn as the vocalist. One of the only albums I can think of where I would be ok with re-recording part of it.
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely prefer "Dødheimsgard" the regular Black Metal band over "DHG".
I could not get through "Supervillain Outcast". I guess I will check out this new one.
Hobophobic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very excited Very Happy

holy ghost wrote:

So basically... who gives a cats whiskers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: