P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

vinyl press @ Mobineko
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rauta

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: vinyl press @ Mobineko Reply with quote

Anyone try them out for vinyl production? How's the quality or both vinyl and packaging?
BestialNecromancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used their services twice. On the first time they have completely fucked up my order,refusing to refund me for their own mistakes.
The second time they have also fucked up my order,but thankfully i had paid via paypal and opened a case,so they were afraid and reprinted correctly my order.

To sum it up,very UNPROFESSIONAL pressing plant.Avoid.
rauta

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you be more specific about what was fucked up and how? I'm quite accustomed to walking these people by hand through every step of the way so in case unless there was something wrong with the DMM or the quality of the material used in general then maybe this wouldn't be an issue for me.
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a decent experience with them a few years ago. I'm using "decent" deliberately because you get what you pay for. They're on the cheaper side and so is their service. They sent me warped test presses. I asked for new ones but they told me I'd have to pay for them. I told them that if I noticed that some of the pressing was fucked up I wouldn't open a claim. They sent me my records + 35 extra copies of it.

The records' quality was ok ( they were pressed in Germany), not great, only average. I hated the printing quality on the labels (but I believe all their printing jobs are done in Thailand. Not sure if that's the case for the labels as well.)

I can't talk about the covers' quality because I made them all myself.
rauta

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that helps a lot already. Been getting warped test presses from elsewhere too, nothing new there. Do you know which German plant pressed the vinyl? Are there any indicators on the vinyls themselves like a code or something?
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries.

And no, I don't know where they got pressed. I wish I did but it says nothing on the record (I just had a look.) It says "random-6-figure-number A1 (or B1) Kn" (or maybe it's Km? It's handwritten.)

I can tell a record comes from GZ when I see one but I can't tell you about these ones I'm afraid Confused
Blood Music

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Requested a sample from this place, and it came months later in a thin, bendable cardboard mailer, no printed jacket on the LP and the LP itself had poor inner printing, and the thing was scratched to hell with fingerprints all over it.

Didn't have to think twice, looked elsewhere.

Blood Music
http://www.blood-music.com
http://www.facebook.com/BlooodMusic
Cursed Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rauta wrote:
Been getting warped test presses from elsewhere too, nothing new there.

This seems to be more rule than exception, it seems that pressing plants can't even produce a decent completely flat disc anymore.
S_Slaughter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are in Korea, I've had an excellent experience with them, great quality, easy to deal with, fast pressing time & delivery. I was extremely happy with the quality of the cover & printing. But I have heard from people in Europe similar stories that have been told here, they had no luck getting anywhere with them and any action took months so they just cancelled their order. I have no idea why our experience was so the opposite other than that we are in that part of the world already.
K_S Imprecator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found the vinyl to be good but the printing side of things was pretty shit.Could just be inexperience from my part in spec'ing the jackets but got a few that were mis-printed(smudged).you get what you pay for i guess.
antihumanism

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, just now listening test pressing i got for a vinyl release and sounds awesome! will see when i get the complete package with covers and so on but i think it will be all ok.

also can mentioned that mobineko is very easy to deal with and when you have questions they get always quickly back to you (did couple cd releases before there)
Mikael

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if true or not, but on some old topic it was mentioned that they use (or at least used) different plants, so that might be the reason for the different quality.
rauta

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps they broker for different plants depending on where the order is placed. That would also explain the free shipping business to a certain extent.
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be a cheapo on vinyl pressing. The more expensive companies tend to have better quality and better customer service. Just accept the wait times with the bigger/better plants, you are not a high priority to them. They know that you are pressing underground music for an underground market, and any "deadlines" that you may have are not of real consequence if they are not met. Because of the vinyl boom, some larger corporate labels probably have 6 or 7 figure accounts with these pressings plants. They NEED these labels as clients; their business depends on it.

Its all about pressure and size. Deadlines from bigger labels are real because they need to turn a profit (shareholders), need to coordinate a lot of moving parts for a PUBLIC release date, and simply they are a more essential account so the pressing plants are more willing to bend to their requests.

It would be great if there were a pressing plant that produced high quality results, had great customer service AND catered specifically to independent labels, but I have yet to see a company with that trio exist just yet.
boogs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They used GZ in the past and going by the description those records were pressed by Celebrate Records (the recent Roadrunner reissues were dome there too but it seems like the pressing was actually done by Optimal Records which is a very high quality plant). Printing jobs seem to be done in Taiwan where they are sort of based. Read that in an interview some time ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: