P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Bands everyone else seems to know but you
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Krusher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amebix
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrucifixionWounds wrote:

Judas Priest too. They were too "weak" for me when I was a kid so I never payed them much attention. Still don't care.

Fuck off.
CrucifixionWounds

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VnholyCvntz wrote:
CrucifixionWounds wrote:

Judas Priest too. They were too "weak" for me when I was a kid so I never payed them much attention. Still don't care.

Fuck off.

I have a hard time backtracking. For me, once I heard something that was really fast and heavy, I just wanted to go another step further and listen to something even faster and heavier. These days I have a hard time listening to anything that isn't borderline noise. If it isn't totally negative and noisy, I don't give a fuck at all.

There are exceptions of course, but the exceptions are almost never metal exceptions. I hate heavy metal for the most part.

Last edited by CrucifixionWounds on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Orpheus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least check out Painkiller. That album crushes.
OldLadyDriver

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sabbat (jpn)
Metalucifer
The true werwolf
Black majesty
Saevus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess one can be into extreme metal but not into heavy metal. It's a pretty alien thought to a more broad interest metalhead though.

As far as bands that every one else listens to but I am unfamiliar with, there's probably too many to name. The list of "classic" or "mandatory" bands is huge, and I make my way down that list fairly slowly over the years.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSS wrote:
Alcest, never heard any of their stuff.

Don't waste your time mate Idea
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrucifixionWounds wrote:
VnholyCvntz wrote:
CrucifixionWounds wrote:

Fuck off.

I have a hard time backtracking. For me, once I heard something that was really fast and heavy, I just wanted to go another step further and listen to something even faster and heavier. These days I have a hard time listening to anything that isn't borderline noise. If it isn't totally negative and noisy, I don't give a fuck at all.

There are exceptions of course, but the exceptions are almost never metal exceptions. I hate heavy metal for the most part.

This is exactly why I loathe whoever got into metal after '93 and cant take them seriously.
CrucifixionWounds

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
CrucifixionWounds wrote:
VnholyCvntz wrote:
CrucifixionWounds wrote:

Fuck off.

This is exactly why I loathe whoever got into metal after '93 and cant take them seriously.

Was Metallica and Iron Maiden even relevant in 93? When did you get into metal? Wink

I wish I got into metal last year... fuck you...
N.W.D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
CrucifixionWounds wrote:
VnholyCvntz wrote:
CrucifixionWounds wrote:

Fuck off.

Judas Priest is fucking awesome, everyone's gotta take a break from their ultra limited demo/rehearsal tapes once in a while.
Mendicant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heavyR wrote:
Off topic, but I'm curious, do the Swans fans here like all eras of the band? I'm really only a fan of the early stuff, up to and including Children of God. The albums that came after have some good moments, and I like most of The Great Annihilator, and I haven't checked out the newer releases.

The releases I come back to most are Cop, Young God, Greed, Holy Money, A Screw, Time is Money (Bastard), which all happen to be on the Cop/Young God and Greed/Holy Money compilation releases.

I was very late to Swans but have always been a big Godflesh fan so it was hilarious when I first heard Filth and realised how much Broadrick had ripped them off. I'd say the Filth/Cop era is my favourite but I have been cranking Children of God a bit of late. The new one The Seer is bloody excellent and I can't wait to see them in a few months with Neubauten, GY!BE and MBV
Conservationist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Slayer
pentfixion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know all bands what do you think I am a poser or something?
probert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHOAT wrote:
I second Swans. I feel like if I try to get into them I'm either going to love them and feel like a poser who is late to the party or I won't like them and feel like a poser because I should.

how much you feel like a poser is the most important thing to consider when checking out new music.
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrucifixionWounds wrote:
Lots of classic heavy / thrash metal bands. I just don't give a fuck Cool

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: