P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Best 10 DEATH METAL albums Post 2000!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
VnholyCvntz



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 1652

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusted wrote:
VnholyCvntz wrote:
Immolation's Unholy Cult should have more votes. Perfect album. Arguably their best


i just put it slightly below Closer
but Immolation allways triumphs,whatever recording it is


Harnessing Ruin and Shadows in the Light aren't that good, but otherwise you are correct sir.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zone



Joined: 07 Sep 2011
Posts: 1093
Location: United Christianized States of America

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akercocke-Words that go unspoken, deeds that go undone
Deicide-The Stench of Redemption
Behemoth-Demigod
Funebrarum-The Sleep of Morbid Dreams
Decrepit Birth-Diminishing between worlds
Immolation-Close to a world below
Morbid Angel-Gateways to Annihilation
Gorgasm-Masticate to Dominate
Suffocation-Despise the Sun
Septic Flesh-Sumerian Daemons
Defeated Sanity-Psalms of the Moribund
_________________
Kojiri wrote:
2. It's unhealthy to not be able to name an actor or pop-culture figure but be able to name 88 Romanian black metal projects off the top of your head. It screams Rain Man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DevilAries



Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Posts: 66
Location: Slums Of Los Angeles

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just couldn't pick 10....

Portal - Seepia, Outre & Swarth
Necros Christos - Triune Imperial Rites & Doom of the Occult
Asphyx - Deathhammer & Death the Brutal Way
Charon - Sulphur Seraph
Excoriate - On Pestilent Winds
Repugnant - Epitome of Darkness
Disma - Towards the Megalith
Antediluvian - Through the Cervix of Hawaah
Deathbreath - Stinking Up the Night
Immolation - Close to a World Below
Coffin texts - Gods of Creation, Death and Afterlife
Headhunter DC - ...And the Sky Turns to Black
Impetuous Ritual- Relentless Execution of Ceremonial Excrescence
Mitochondrion - Parasignosis
Negative Plane - Et in Saecula Saeculorum & Stained Glass Revelations
Incantation - Decimate Christendom
Teitanblood - Seven Chalices

Honorable mentions...
Cemetery Urn
Grave Upheaval
Degial
Hatespawn
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RottingGrandmaCorpse



Joined: 15 Feb 2012
Posts: 455
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This man has some taste. +1 for or around the top 10, and the rest.

Close to a World Below triumphs against all other Immolation albums, even though the last are all great.

DevilAries wrote:
Just couldn't pick 10....

Portal - Seepia, Outre & Swarth
Necros Christos - Triune Imperial Rites & Doom of the Occult
Asphyx - Deathhammer & Death the Brutal Way
Charon - Sulphur Seraph
Excoriate - On Pestilent Winds
Repugnant - Epitome of Darkness
Disma - Towards the Megalith
Antediluvian - Through the Cervix of Hawaah
Deathbreath - Stinking Up the Night
Immolation - Close to a World Below
Coffin texts - Gods of Creation, Death and Afterlife
Headhunter DC - ...And the Sky Turns to Black
Impetuous Ritual- Relentless Execution of Ceremonial Excrescence
Mitochondrion - Parasignosis
Negative Plane - Et in Saecula Saeculorum & Stained Glass Revelations
Incantation - Decimate Christendom
Teitanblood - Seven Chalices

Honorable mentions...
Cemetery Urn
Grave Upheaval
Degial
Hatespawn
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VnholyCvntz



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 1652

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RottingGrandmaCorpse wrote:


Close to a World Below triumphs against all other Immolation albums, even though the last are all great.



Here in After and Dawn of Possession are better Cool
Still a killer album though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DCLXVI



Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Posts: 85
Location: Connecticut

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thread...Here's my list...

1)Disma-"Towards The Megalith"
2)Funebrarum-"The Sleep Of Morbid Dreams"
3)Dead Congregation-"Graves Of The Archangels"
4)AngelCorpse-"Of Lucifer And Lightning"
5)Sonne Adam-"Transformation"
6)Ignivimous-"Contragenesis"
7)Cemetery Urn-"The Conquered Are Burned"
8)Murder Squad-"Ravenous Murderous"
9)Repugnant-"Epitome Of Darkness"
10)Immolation-"Close To A World Below"

I fucking LOVE Death Metal!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cm



Joined: 20 Jun 2010
Posts: 95

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kind of surprised hooded menace didn't make it on any lists
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CrucifixionWounds



Joined: 02 Oct 2009
Posts: 1033

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cm wrote:
kind of surprised hooded menace didn't make it on any lists

Hooded Menace fucking sucks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cm



Joined: 20 Jun 2010
Posts: 95

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right, got it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CrucifixionWounds



Joined: 02 Oct 2009
Posts: 1033

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cm wrote:
right, got it

Yeah, sorry to be that guy, but they kinda do...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cm



Joined: 20 Jun 2010
Posts: 95

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

different strokes man. I like hooded menace.

my list wouldn't stray too far from the rest of the thread

Repugnant - Epitome of Darkness
Dead Congregation - Graves of the Archangels
Arghoslent - Incorrigible Bigotry
Funebrarum - The Sleep of Morbid Dreams
Bolt Thrower - Those Once Loyal
Antediluvian - Through the Cervix of Hawwah
Disma - Towards the Megalith
Teitanblood - Seven Chalices
Immolation - Close to a World Below
Morbus Chron - Sleepers in the Rift
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CrucifixionWounds



Joined: 02 Oct 2009
Posts: 1033

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't feel like coming up with a list, but the first thing that popped into my head was Impetuous Ritual- Relentless Execution of Ceremonial Excrescence. Their sound is the terminus point of death metal, as lame as that fucking sounds...

I think I might like IR more than I ever liked Disembowelment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
speedevilucifer



Joined: 18 Jan 2011
Posts: 1508
Location: Crete

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCLXVI wrote:
Great thread...Here's my list...

1)Disma-"Towards The Megalith"
2)Funebrarum-"The Sleep Of Morbid Dreams"
3)Dead Congregation-"Graves Of The Archangels"
4)AngelCorpse-"Of Lucifer And Lightning"
5)Sonne Adam-"Transformation"
6)Ignivimous-"Contragenesis"
7)Cemetery Urn-"The Conquered Are Burned"
8)Murder Squad-"Ravenous Murderous"
9)Repugnant-"Epitome Of Darkness"
10)Immolation-"Close To A World Below"

I fucking LOVE Death Metal!!!!!!


How can I forget Murder Squad ''Ravenous Murderoud''??A real death metal monster!!Everybody into sick and twisted old school death should check it immediately!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dalecooper



Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 2926
Location: Athens, GA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cm wrote:
kind of surprised hooded menace didn't make it on any lists


I like them but I classify them as doom metal, not death.
_________________
http://unspeakableaxerecords.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
asmael LeBouc



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3454
Location: Paris

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
cm wrote:
kind of surprised hooded menace didn't make it on any lists


I like them but I classify them as doom metal, not death.


Well since someone has put NEGATIVE PLANE in this thread (how death metal are they really?!) while someone else discarded TEITANBLOOD as being Death Metal I guess anything's possible.
For instance I can't consider DIOCLETIAN as Death Metal... I wonder how they would label themselves
_________________
DISJECTA MEMBRAE plays Vomitive Doom

TRADE / WANT LIST ! ! ! :
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12006/
Good sellers/traders: ChapelOfDoom, thetrueevil/ GoldenBull, Hobophobic, NWN PROD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group