P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

BOLT THROWER R.I.P.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm absolutely gutted! Been a fan of them since I was in high school and I've never seen them live. I feel a death metal sabbatical might be in order!

Still, for me their peak was IVth Crusade (but if they'd ever recorded with Martin Van Drunen, it would have been that one) and whilst I have a lot of respect for them for doing what they have, it's a real shame to see them go.
Wayne

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devoured Death wrote:

Still, for me their peak was IVth Crusade (but if they'd ever recorded with Martin Van Drunen, it would have been that one) and whilst I have a lot of respect for them for doing what they have, it's a real shame to see them go.

Wouldn't have expected you to say that one, mate, I could never get into IVth Crusade properly for some reason. It's Warmaster and For Victory for me, though I don't really dislike any of them. And yeah, it's such a shame they didn't record with van Drunen, it would have been my favourite album ever.
Demonomancy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: BOLT THROWER R.I.P. Reply with quote

bmdk666 wrote:

"August 7th - Atak in Enschede, Netherlands. This is our second home, and we've played at Atak on every tour for the last 18 years. Sadly, the club will be closing down this month and they will be moving to a new building in the autumn. So we were chuffed when they contacted us and offered to re-open for one night, so we can say farewell to this cult club and be the last band to ever play there. We decided that the tickets will be free and we will be informing you soon on the lineup and how to get tickets.

Count me in for that Gig. IŽll be there for 1000% !!!
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayne wrote:
Devoured Death wrote:

Wouldn't have expected you to say that one, mate, I could never get into IVth Crusade properly for some reason. It's Warmaster and For Victory for me, though I don't really dislike any of them. And yeah, it's such a shame they didn't record with van Drunen, it would have been my favourite album ever.

Really? War Master is probably a bit better song wise (it's got Cenotaph after all), but IVth Crusade is just the heaviest sound album ever!
ChapelOfDoom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good News , all Lps after ... For Victory was boring !
Humus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't mean the band is R.I.P. but does raise questions about the future of the band. I'll be at the gigs in Holland and Belgium probably.
Dhorshonkari

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they are indeed done, then my kudos to one of the TRUEST (yes, true!) Death Metal bands of our time for ending it on a respectable / honorable note.

Hail!

HELLTHRASHER

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fukk.

Just makes me all the more sadder not to be attending Party.San this year Sad
iron tyrant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I am into the band's music throughout their career, I can't say I am sorry for this, especially in the light of what happened a couple of years back in Prato, when they refused to play for no reasonable excuse, thus risking to be severely beaten up by the angry italian mob, fronted as always by the most pissed off RR Bastard I can remember. Alzheimer's slowly taking its toll on me, RR might want to elaborate further on this.

Professor Black wrote:
NWOBHM is not a style of music.
Kapalika

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, I remember reading about a cancelled gig in Italy where they refused not to play due to faulty electric wiring - anyway, it should be somewhere on Blabbermouth for those who care.

Back to topic:
Cool move and something others should pay attention to.
I agree with those who found the last three releases not that hot.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bolt Thrower is not RIP... they just want more time to compose this new album.
schadel_reich

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kapalika wrote:
Hm, I remember reading about a cancelled gig in Italy where they refused not to play due to faulty electric wiring - anyway, it should be somewhere on Blabbermouth for those who care.

Haha. If that is true about the faulty electric wiring, then it is kind of sad that the British obsession with health and safety has even infected Bolt Thrower. Laughing
Kapalika

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting electrocuted while playing is not the greatest prospect so I can understand that, somehow. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: