P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

ENTOMBED Appreciation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
euroboy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CANDLEMASS and ENTOMBED celebrate Sweden Rock Magazine’s 100th issue!
Sweden Rock Magazine, Scandinavia’s biggest hard rock magazine and Sweden’s top-selling music magazine, has joined forced with two of the coun
try’s most legendary metal bands. To celebrate Sweden Rock Magazine’s 100th issue, CANDLEMASS and ENTOMBED are doing covers of each other for a CD single sent exclusively to the magazine’s subscribers with issue #100, out January 8, 2013. It will not be available elsewhere.
CANDLEMASS have recorded a heavy version of ENTOMBED’s classic death’n’roll song ”To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth”. This marks vocalist Mats Levén’s (KRUX, EX-YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, THERION) first official CANDLEMASS recording since he took over from the recently departed Robert Lowe.
ENTOMBED are doing a cover of CANDLEMASS’ uptempo song ”Black Dwarf” from 2005’s big comeback album ”Candlemass”.

Valgrinder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Valgrinder wrote:

False as in not being able to handle DEATH metal themes. When reading those leftist lyrics one cant tell is it really Gorefest lyricsheet or Rage Against the Machines. Somehow I can tolerate that on thrash metal songs but not in death metal.

Oh, almost forgot. It must be the music that only matters then...

Euronymous would be proud of you dude, I bet you also don't listen to Incubus, Napalm Death, early Brutal Truth, Benediction etc. +666 scene points.

Nor Bob Marley, U2 or even Rage Against the Machine
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Valgrinder wrote:

False as in not being able to handle DEATH metal themes. When reading those leftist lyrics one cant tell is it really Gorefest lyricsheet or Rage Against the Machines. Somehow I can tolerate that on thrash metal songs but not in death metal.

Oh, almost forgot. It must be the music that only matters then...

Euronymous would be proud of you dude, I bet you also don't listen to Incubus, Napalm Death, early Brutal Truth, Benediction etc. +666 scene points.

Why listen to Chirstian death/thrash Incubus, when you can listen to Anti-Christian death metal Incubus.. Cool
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VnholyCvntz wrote:

Why listen to Chirstian death/thrash Incubus, when you can listen to Anti-Christian death metal Incubus.. Cool

Because Serpents Temptation and Beyond the Unknown are death/thrash milestones and ignoring them because of the lyrics is dumb. It's also retarded to turn bands down because they don't fit the ridiculous "ideals" spread by some Norwegian dwarf with clear virginity issues two decades ago. Seriously, that goddamn Lords of Chaos book should be banned from stores.
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
VnholyCvntz wrote:

Because Serpents Temptation and Beyond the Unknown are death/thrash milestones and ignoring them because of the lyrics is dumb. It's also retarded to turn bands down because they don't fit the ridiculous "ideals" spread by some Norwegian dwarf with clear virginity issues two decades ago. Seriously, that goddamn Lords of Chaos book should be banned from stores.

This (http://www.blackmetalmovie.com/) should be banned as well
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disregarding the lyrics, Gorefest was always terrible.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

under a funeral shroom wrote:

Mindloss and False are both good albums, neither of the two reinvents the wheel but they're solid traditional death metal. Everything that came afterwards is garbage though.
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just recall hearing a song off of False on some comp before it came out and found it decent enough to pick up the album, which I subsequently sold a week later. Way below Sinister, Pestilence, and Asphyx when it comes to Dutch DM.

Anyhow, since this thread is about Entombed, I can't wrap my head around people not thinking LHP and Clandestine are anything but classics, but hey opinions are opinions.
Zone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fartcough wrote:
So, I went to the record store the other day, and I didn't end up buying an Entombed cd. All they had there was a used copy of Wolverine Blues for $6. I picked up a used copy of At the Gates - The Red in the Sky is Ours and walked around the store with it for a bit, but then I put it back. I also walked around with a Malignancy - Eugenics cd, but I ended up putting that back too. So, long story short, I didn't buy ANYTHING at the record store!!!

Should got both the ATG and Malignancy's newest didn't sound too bad imo.
huntersinsnow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:
If I was having a beer with someone and they were like "man, fuck Entombed they suck even LHP" I'd be cool with it because everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if if it's wrong. However, I'd be thinking "I'm never having a beer with this clown again"

haha this rules.
cultofvomit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dail wrote:
Sunnportal wrote:
Yeah Left Hand Path isn't all that.

you're a fucking moron. LHP is one of the greatest Death Metal albums ever recorded.

fixed. time to close the 23rd appreciation thread about entombed or nihilist on this board. being young is your fault.
you're a fucking moron

Blutkvlt wrote:
For some reason I was confusing Asphyx with Pestilence, who suck

good deals: corporis, Merkavah, BloodVengeance, Decimator
holy ghost

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cultofvomit wrote:
being young is your fault.

Ahahaha fuck you guys are killing me in this thread.
euroboy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erase is average but all other Gorefest albums are great. No matter if they are life metal.
fartcough

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zone wrote:
fartcough wrote:
So, I went to the record store the other day, and I didn't end up buying an Entombed cd. All they had there was a used copy of Wolverine Blues for $6. I picked up a used copy of At the Gates - The Red in the Sky is Ours and walked around the store with it for a bit, but then I put it back. I also walked around with a Malignancy - Eugenics cd, but I ended up putting that back too. So, long story short, I didn't buy ANYTHING at the record store!!!

Should got both the ATG and Malignancy's newest didn't sound too bad imo.

Yeah, I would've got the ATG but it was like a 3 panel digipak with NOTHING inside. No art, lyrics or photos, just 3 blank red panels so I thought fuck it I'll just download it. Malignancy looked good but not $14 good. I ended up buying a Batman comic, a Wonder Woman comic and a steak & cheese sub instead.
cultofvomit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:

Mindloss and False are both good albums, neither of the two reinvents the wheel but they're solid traditional death metal. Everything that came afterwards is garbage though.

Mindloss is a masterpiece. no arguments. no personal taste. There are some riffs and breaks that represent perfectly what Death Metal is.

Lyrics are awesome too in this album, except maybe Mental Misery and few others. Mindloss' lyrics are sick, "good sounding" and with some macabre humour here and there. De Koyer was quite talented in writing lyrics, to be honest.
you're a fucking moron

Blutkvlt wrote:
For some reason I was confusing Asphyx with Pestilence, who suck

good deals: corporis, Merkavah, BloodVengeance, Decimator

Last edited by cultofvomit on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: