P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

ENTOMBED Appreciation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Laugh At Your Corpse



Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 265
Location: Scotland

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Left Hand Path is one of the best DM albums ever. Clandestine would have been great if not for the absolutely shit vocals. Wolverine Blues and everything after was a major disappointment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
VnholyCvntz



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 1652

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pestkrieg wrote:

LHP isn't that memorable overall and Clandestine is a bit of a mess; too many groovy riffs and stop/start moments. Tribulation, Necrovation, Repugnant, etc. are all superior.

Just because Entombed et al were the first to play in this style doesn't make them the best.


Lol'd at this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Downtuned & Morbid



Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Posts: 97

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VnholyCvntz wrote:
Pestkrieg wrote:

LHP isn't that memorable overall and Clandestine is a bit of a mess; too many groovy riffs and stop/start moments. Tribulation, Necrovation, Repugnant, etc. are all superior.

Just because Entombed et al were the first to play in this style doesn't make them the best.


Lol'd at this.


So did I.

Do Repugnant and Necrovation even play in the "style" of Entombed? Is Tribulation *really* better than Entombed?

To claim Left Hand Path "isn't that memorable" is unbelievable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zone



Joined: 07 Sep 2011
Posts: 1110
Location: United Christianized States of America

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cultofvomit wrote:
BreedingtheSpawn wrote:
GenericBlackMetalhead wrote:
Pestkrieg wrote:
In lieu of this thread I re-listened to the first two Entombed albums, and in my book some of the 'clones' were able to take the aesthetic which the early Swedish bands created, make the sound darker and more evil and write more memorable riffs/songs.

LHP isn't that memorable overall and Clandestine is a bit of a mess; too many groovy riffs and stop/start moments. Tribulation, Necrovation, Repugnant, etc. are all superior.

Just because Entombed et al were the first to play in this style doesn't make them the best.


None of these are superior to LHP.. Rolling Eyes


Tribulation and Necrovation releases to me are not superior to LHP.



people is going insane. tribulation better than the CORNERSTONE of Death Metal, how funny. i'm shitting my pants for laughing.


You're full of shit. Maybe the cornerstone for awful shit Swede bands like Vanhelgd and Bastard Priest, but the cornerstone for all death metal? Laughing
_________________
Kojiri wrote:
2. It's unhealthy to not be able to name an actor or pop-culture figure but be able to name 88 Romanian black metal projects off the top of your head. It screams Rain Man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
GenericBlackMetalhead



Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Posts: 640

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zone wrote:
cultofvomit wrote:
BreedingtheSpawn wrote:
GenericBlackMetalhead wrote:
Pestkrieg wrote:
In lieu of this thread I re-listened to the first two Entombed albums, and in my book some of the 'clones' were able to take the aesthetic which the early Swedish bands created, make the sound darker and more evil and write more memorable riffs/songs.

LHP isn't that memorable overall and Clandestine is a bit of a mess; too many groovy riffs and stop/start moments. Tribulation, Necrovation, Repugnant, etc. are all superior.

Just because Entombed et al were the first to play in this style doesn't make them the best.


None of these are superior to LHP.. Rolling Eyes


Tribulation and Necrovation releases to me are not superior to LHP.



people is going insane. tribulation better than the CORNERSTONE of Death Metal, how funny. i'm shitting my pants for laughing.


You're full of shit. Maybe the cornerstone for awful shit Swede bands like Vanhelgd and Bastard Priest, but the cornerstone for all death metal? Laughing


You're an idiot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gromcrom
banned


Joined: 30 Oct 2012
Posts: 79

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LHP is great and classic album, no more to say.
Apart from this:

Quote:
Of savage and violent tension and blasting focal buildup, these songs are epic and defining for their era of the evolution of metal yet speak consistently to the cause and inspiration of the same, fomenting the immediate identification this band has among fans even after several albums outside the death metal genre. For influential vision and infectious energy these dark tapestries are immersion in the nihilism of death metal.


ah ah Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cultofvomit



Joined: 12 Dec 2007
Posts: 728
Location: Italy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gromcrom wrote:
LHP is great and classic album, no more to say.
Apart from this:

Quote:
Of savage and violent tension and blasting focal buildup, these songs are epic and defining for their era of the evolution of metal yet speak consistently to the cause and inspiration of the same, fomenting the immediate identification this band has among fans even after several albums outside the death metal genre. For influential vision and infectious energy these dark tapestries are immersion in the nihilism of death metal.


ah ah Wink



just perfect.


Being insulted by people that don't love LeftHandPath it’s like being called “fag” by freddie mercury.
LHP is the very CORNERSTONE of, at least, european death metal (not enough? Sorry).
also, as far as i know about english language (very little as you can see), “cornerstone” doesn't mean the FIRST stone of a building, but the stone that keep it up. isn't it? i can be wrong, of course.


Anyway, what lessons can we take from this thread? here my very humble lecture :
-This message board was infected by aids, ebola and several other diseases time ago. this was caused by the invasion of a very aggressive breed of proto-humanoids.
-We have witnessed tragic threads and unbelievable opinions shared by some proto-humanoids who learnt how to click "play" on a MP3 player and then started to express opinions about the music: "this is an outstanging result", according to the Report of the scientific team investigating about these proto-humanoids and their bananas addiction (they don't eat the bananas, actually...)
-last but not least, this thread is the WORST ever seen on this message board, despite a (now) long tradition of horrible threads even able to match the “glorious” days of FMP forum.

There is no future for the Underground Death Metal scene, as long as this is the attitude of the new generations. It’s not “just” a matter of tastes, guys, despite it seems so.

thanx for your kind attention, and remember: receeding hairline is my enemy, not you young and ignorant hipsters.

sincerly yours

cultofvomit
_________________
Dail wrote:
Quote:
Yeah Left Hand Path isn't all that.
you're a fucking moron

Blutkvlt wrote:
For some reason I was confusing Asphyx with Pestilence, who suck

good deals: corporis, Merkavah, BloodVengeance, Decimator
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zone



Joined: 07 Sep 2011
Posts: 1110
Location: United Christianized States of America

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenericBlackMetalhead wrote:
Zone wrote:
cultofvomit wrote:
BreedingtheSpawn wrote:
GenericBlackMetalhead wrote:
Pestkrieg wrote:
In lieu of this thread I re-listened to the first two Entombed albums, and in my book some of the 'clones' were able to take the aesthetic which the early Swedish bands created, make the sound darker and more evil and write more memorable riffs/songs.

LHP isn't that memorable overall and Clandestine is a bit of a mess; too many groovy riffs and stop/start moments. Tribulation, Necrovation, Repugnant, etc. are all superior.

Just because Entombed et al were the first to play in this style doesn't make them the best.


None of these are superior to LHP.. Rolling Eyes


Tribulation and Necrovation releases to me are not superior to LHP.



people is going insane. tribulation better than the CORNERSTONE of Death Metal, how funny. i'm shitting my pants for laughing.


You're full of shit. Maybe the cornerstone for awful shit Swede bands like Vanhelgd and Bastard Priest, but the cornerstone for all death metal? Laughing


You're an idiot.


And you suck the cock of a band that became a groove metal band.
_________________
Kojiri wrote:
2. It's unhealthy to not be able to name an actor or pop-culture figure but be able to name 88 Romanian black metal projects off the top of your head. It screams Rain Man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Centurion



Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zone wrote:
GenericBlackMetalhead wrote:
Zone wrote:
cultofvomit wrote:
BreedingtheSpawn wrote:
GenericBlackMetalhead wrote:
Pestkrieg wrote:
In lieu of this thread I re-listened to the first two Entombed albums, and in my book some of the 'clones' were able to take the aesthetic which the early Swedish bands created, make the sound darker and more evil and write more memorable riffs/songs.

LHP isn't that memorable overall and Clandestine is a bit of a mess; too many groovy riffs and stop/start moments. Tribulation, Necrovation, Repugnant, etc. are all superior.

Just because Entombed et al were the first to play in this style doesn't make them the best.


None of these are superior to LHP.. Rolling Eyes


Tribulation and Necrovation releases to me are not superior to LHP.



people is going insane. tribulation better than the CORNERSTONE of Death Metal, how funny. i'm shitting my pants for laughing.


You're full of shit. Maybe the cornerstone for awful shit Swede bands like Vanhelgd and Bastard Priest, but the cornerstone for all death metal? Laughing


You're an idiot.


And you suck the cock of a band that became a groove metal band.


Never heard Soul Survivor did we Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IXTAB
Site Admin


Joined: 15 May 2008
Posts: 3440
Location: Metalapolis, MN

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zone wrote:
GenericBlackMetalhead wrote:
Zone wrote:
cultofvomit wrote:
BreedingtheSpawn wrote:
GenericBlackMetalhead wrote:
Pestkrieg wrote:
In lieu of this thread I re-listened to the first two Entombed albums, and in my book some of the 'clones' were able to take the aesthetic which the early Swedish bands created, make the sound darker and more evil and write more memorable riffs/songs.

LHP isn't that memorable overall and Clandestine is a bit of a mess; too many groovy riffs and stop/start moments. Tribulation, Necrovation, Repugnant, etc. are all superior.

Just because Entombed et al were the first to play in this style doesn't make them the best.


None of these are superior to LHP.. Rolling Eyes


Tribulation and Necrovation releases to me are not superior to LHP.



people is going insane. tribulation better than the CORNERSTONE of Death Metal, how funny. i'm shitting my pants for laughing.


You're full of shit. Maybe the cornerstone for awful shit Swede bands like Vanhelgd and Bastard Priest, but the cornerstone for all death metal? Laughing


You're an idiot.


And you suck the cock of a band that became a groove metal band.


Point made. You guys have different opinions, now let's move on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
blodhemn9



Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 5109
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own nothing after "To Ride.......", what's the best of the newer stuff ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Centurion



Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
I own nothing after "To Ride.......", what's the best of the newer stuff ?


Give Serpent Saints a try. I enjoyed most of it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Morbid Obesity



Joined: 07 Apr 2011
Posts: 2052
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
I own nothing after "To Ride.......", what's the best of the newer stuff ?


Give Morningstar a listen as well. It's no LHP or Clandestine but it's a decent album.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blodhemn9



Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 5109
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll check both out since they pop up in used CD bins pretty often, thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VnholyCvntz



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 1652

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion wrote:
Zone wrote:
GenericBlackMetalhead wrote:
Zone wrote:
cultofvomit wrote:
BreedingtheSpawn wrote:
GenericBlackMetalhead wrote:
Pestkrieg wrote:
In lieu of this thread I re-listened to the first two Entombed albums, and in my book some of the 'clones' were able to take the aesthetic which the early Swedish bands created, make the sound darker and more evil and write more memorable riffs/songs.

LHP isn't that memorable overall and Clandestine is a bit of a mess; too many groovy riffs and stop/start moments. Tribulation, Necrovation, Repugnant, etc. are all superior.

Just because Entombed et al were the first to play in this style doesn't make them the best.


None of these are superior to LHP.. Rolling Eyes


Tribulation and Necrovation releases to me are not superior to LHP.



people is going insane. tribulation better than the CORNERSTONE of Death Metal, how funny. i'm shitting my pants for laughing.


You're full of shit. Maybe the cornerstone for awful shit Swede bands like Vanhelgd and Bastard Priest, but the cornerstone for all death metal? Laughing


You're an idiot.


And you suck the cock of a band that became a groove metal band.


Never heard Soul Survivor did we Rolling Eyes


Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group