P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

bethlehem is probably dead
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the coming of blood angel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject: bethlehem is probably dead Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/bethlehemasylum

Since it is official now I would like to address a few words to you. A few weeks ago I decided to separate myself from Bethlehem. Unfortunately internal reasons make it impossible to just continue as before. There is no need to go into detail, nor it's worth it.
I would like to thank everyone who has supported us over the years and without whom many things would not have been possible. Thanks to all the bands and musicians with whom I was allowed to shared time, stages, and beer.
It's been an honor to work with such great musicians , special thanks to Florian (Torturer), Steve and Guido Meyer de Voltaire and all the other great guys who hit the band in the past.
My greatest thanks go to you who faithfully accompanied us through the years, came out to see our shows and always motivated us with posts to go on. Thank you for all these moments you have made so special and unique.
I love and I need to make music and of course will not stop to do so. But when you reach a point where music, for whatever reason, seems to fade into the background , it's time for a break or a change. At least for me. I've made my decision.
My best wishes to all of you .... Olaf

Oh well. Let's hope this doesn't impede any LP reissues.

Last edited by the coming of blood angel on Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
CrucifixionWounds

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally....
SoundsOfDecay

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are they really done, or is this Olaf guy just out? As far as I'm concerned it's over when Bartsch says so. Everything they've done since Klaus Matton left was lacking anyway (and the less said about the SUIZID remake the better!), so even if they are done I hardly care. They did 3 of the best extreme metal albums ever, that's more than enough legacy.
Ecstatic_Horror

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Metal will always remain one of my favorite albums ever.
toxicbreed

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they didn't split up but I think except 1-2 members all members left the band it seems... you should read the previous message on facebook

Bethlehem might need you!

Unfortunately some musicians have things going on in their personal lives making them unable to commit to Bethlehem's schedule and we are therefore making some changes from August on.

Bethlehem is currently considering two new guitar players and a new shouter for live shows, touring & new studio albums. If you would like to audition for this, you need to have the following qualifications:

Guitars: Skills on an international level, touring experience, ability to attend rehearsals on a weekly basis and good social skills. You MUST be a Bethlehem fan. The band is not looking for players in general. This is a lifestyle, more than a job. If you exclusively wanna do it for the money Bethlehem is the wrong band for you !! It is not possible to play the music of Bethlehem without feeling it, or responding to the demands of the band without really wanting to be a part of this.

Vocals: The same qualifications as for guitars + the aim pogressing & experimenting with your very own "instrument" as well. If you're just a shouter, good, but you should have the technical know how & the abiltiy singing accent free German lyrics.

In the future Bethlehem again will concentrate on these early reflections known as "Dark Metal" cos this experimental studio trilogy based on clean vocals & non-metal guitar harmonies have found an end with the actual album which will get released later in the year. Therefore Bethlehem will become a Heavy Metal band again mixed with these pretty unique & personal interpretations which already made us special in the past.

Please send a video of yourself playing/singing not only your own select Bethlehem songs, but anything you think is representative of your level as a player. It does not have to be technical, it might as well be something representative of your ability to interprete music. Should the band want to pursue, you will be invited to an audition in Duisburg/Germany.

Send your video and some words about yourself to: info@bethlehem-darkmetal.com

http://www.facebook.com/bethlehemasylum/posts/714481431938130?stream_ref=10
toxicbreed

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another statement, this time from the vocalist

Well Bethlehem Fans,

I think the same goes for me.

I know I have been a pain in the ass for some members of the old school Bethlehem front, but I had to make my vocal interpretations for this special music without any compromises in whatever direction.

It was fantastic to write and sing all those melody lines over Olaf’s extraordinary web of guitar work and arrange them with the guys.

It has been an honor for me to vocalize three of the Bethlehem albums. The upcoming beeing the third and definately the last.

The reasons are not important. What remains is the music.

Metal forever.

Guido

https://www.facebook.com/bethlehemasylum/posts/714679418584998?stream_ref=10
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classy statement
skeletor666

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it should read

" i played on all the shit bethlehem lps and even tolerated that cunt from shining in the band ,now i have realized i was never up to the standard of earlier bethlehem so i have had an epiphany and am fucking off"

as someone else said the music took a serious turn for the worse once matton left the band .

first three will remain classic s for me !
eighthplague

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should change the title of the thread.
Crow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Dark Metal, Dictus,and SUIZID. The most recent one I heard was Mein Weg and that was 10 years ago at this point. I didn't really enjoy it, to be fair.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really don't need anything after SUIZID. The band has been more or less irrelevant since then.
pooptastik

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good. they should stay dead. stop beating a dead horse. their later material sounds super different, if they do continue, they should just change the name.
Dimrill

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to say the band was dead for me the moment I heard that aching twat from Shining was in.
Candlemass

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:
You really don't need anything after SUIZID. The band has been completely irrelevant since then.

Fixed. Wink

gromcrom wrote:
Other fails must listen instead homeless hiking gypsy of Darkthrones.
Eternal Soul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the reason behind the (useless) rerecording of 'S.U.I.Z.I.D' again?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: