P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Black Anvil opinions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
W. Helm



Joined: 15 Oct 2013
Posts: 909
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: Black Anvil opinions Reply with quote

This is probably a quite controversial band for this forum.
I was wondering what your thoughts are on Black Anvil. Personally I love them.
Yes, they come from the hardcore scene and yes, they are on Relapse, but does this really matter?

Just listen to these great tunes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLtOySdzKnI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwiUnvg8JrA

And this Celtic Frost cover:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD3uKnspHdA

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Black_Anvil/3540264749


_________________
Man knows little...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hellmask



Joined: 07 Apr 2011
Posts: 882

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Anvil is excellent, and so are the members' previous bands Kill Your Idols and Deathcycle.

These guys can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned. BA's hybrid balck/death style rules - killer riffs and heavy as hell. Great live band too.
_________________
Evil Is As Evil Does...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
W. Helm



Joined: 15 Oct 2013
Posts: 909
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellmask wrote:
Black Anvil is excellent, and so are the members' previous bands Kill Your Idols and Deathcycle.


Kill Your Idols never did it for me. Deathcycle I never heard until just now. Sounds cool, you can definitely hear it's the same guys.
Apparantly the guitarist is writing the new Sheer Terror record. Should be interesting.
_________________
Man knows little...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hellmask



Joined: 07 Apr 2011
Posts: 882

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm from Long Island, NY and saw Kill Your Idols live many, many times. Killer old-school no frills hardcore.

Deathcycle is amazing hardcore/metal with great lyrics. Ron, the singer, is probably the most intense frontman I've ever seen...an absolute maniac! Cool as fuck, too.

And a new Sheer Terror should be interesing indeed!

Anyway, Black Anvil is great and I'm anxious to hear new material!
_________________
Evil Is As Evil Does...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caligari



Joined: 03 Apr 2013
Posts: 652
Location: Tampahell

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember listening to their first recording, before Relapse snapped them, and liking it a lot.
_________________
www.caligarirecords.com
http://caligarirecords.storenvy.com/
Out Now: HEAVYDEATH / ACT OF IMPALEMENT / ELLORSITH
Coming Soon: BUNKER 66 / HUMAN BODIES / SKELETHAL / ALUCARDA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Carlzilla



Joined: 07 Aug 2009
Posts: 2512
Location: New Mexico

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're not something I have any interest in listening to based on the few songs I've heard, but they're not offensively bad either. They're just another mediocre band riding the metal wave.
_________________
If you are a false don't marry! Girlfriend is ok but only destructing anus from behind!!! - Fat Dagon

And now we have fags complaining about other fags. A "fagoboros" if you will.

http://www.last.fm/user/carlzilla
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jo Bench



Joined: 03 Aug 2013
Posts: 241

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good live band
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steken



Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 1112

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellmask wrote:
And a new Sheer Terror should be interesing indeed!


Shocked Shocked Shocked

IS THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENING!?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
W. Helm



Joined: 15 Oct 2013
Posts: 909
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't confirm officially but from what I've heard it's happening. Really hope it's true.
Spite was a great 7".
_________________
Man knows little...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hellmask



Joined: 07 Apr 2011
Posts: 882

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that the new Sheer Terror album should be out in the spring, assuming all goes as planned.
_________________
Evil Is As Evil Does...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brooklyn Bastard 666



Joined: 08 Oct 2009
Posts: 2612
Location: Brooklyn, NY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steken wrote:
hellmask wrote:
And a new Sheer Terror should be interesing indeed!


Shocked Shocked Shocked

IS THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENING!?


It is happening and I am pretty sure some of Gary's material is on it.
_________________
We Are Satan's Generation And We Don't Give A Fuck!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBQ Booking



Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1072
Location: New York City

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlzilla wrote:
They're not something I have any interest in listening to based on the few songs I've heard, but they're not offensively bad either. They're just another mediocre band riding the metal wave.


Raeph, the drummer, was in Fantom Warior and the pre-FW band. He has been in the metal scene for over 30 years. Both Gary and Paul have been listening to—and going to metal shows—for the past 20-25 years. They're not "riding any waves." It just so happens that they now have the time to do a metal band.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Carlzilla



Joined: 07 Aug 2009
Posts: 2512
Location: New Mexico

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBQ Booking wrote:
Carlzilla wrote:
They're not something I have any interest in listening to based on the few songs I've heard, but they're not offensively bad either. They're just another mediocre band riding the metal wave.


Raeph, the drummer, was in Fantom Warior and the pre-FW band. He has been in the metal scene for over 30 years. Both Gary and Paul have been listening to—and going to metal shows—for the past 20-25 years. They're not "riding any waves." It just so happens that they now have the time to do a metal band.


I have no idea who's even in the band. They may very well be legit guys, but the music is simply mediocre stuff that gets a lot of extra "umph" from the fact that metal is popular and that they managed to get a Relapse deal. That was my point, not discrediting people I don't know on a personal level.

For the record, Fantom Warrior is great.
_________________
If you are a false don't marry! Girlfriend is ok but only destructing anus from behind!!! - Fat Dagon

And now we have fags complaining about other fags. A "fagoboros" if you will.

http://www.last.fm/user/carlzilla
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBQ Booking



Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1072
Location: New York City

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlzilla wrote:
BBQ Booking wrote:
Carlzilla wrote:
They're not something I have any interest in listening to based on the few songs I've heard, but they're not offensively bad either. They're just another mediocre band riding the metal wave.


Raeph, the drummer, was in Fantom Warior and the pre-FW band. He has been in the metal scene for over 30 years. Both Gary and Paul have been listening to—and going to metal shows—for the past 20-25 years. They're not "riding any waves." It just so happens that they now have the time to do a metal band.


I have no idea who's even in the band. They may very well be legit guys, but the music is simply mediocre stuff that gets a lot of extra "umph" from the fact that metal is popular and that they managed to get a Relapse deal. That was my point, not discrediting people I don't know on a personal level.

For the record, Fantom Warrior is great.


You can think what you want of them, that's okay. It's the fact that many people think these guys are just following a trend, which is not the case. There is a Black Metal band now that has a member that played in a hardcore band, but no one accuses him of "following a trend." I honestly believe Black Metal is a trend to an extent these days, so fuck it; as long as the band plays honest music, who cares?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
W. Helm



Joined: 15 Oct 2013
Posts: 909
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBQ Booking wrote:
You can think what you want of them, that's okay. It's the fact that many people think these guys are just following a trend, which is not the case. There is a Black Metal band now that has a member that played in a hardcore band, but no one accuses him of "following a trend." I honestly believe Black Metal is a trend to an extent these days, so fuck it; as long as the band plays honest music, who cares?


This.
And most NYHC guys have lived harder lives than most black metal elitist suburb babies.
_________________
Man knows little...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group