P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

*****MARE - SPHERES LIKE DEATH*******
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Trade
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sloth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not to mention the aptorian demon lp sold out on pre order Evil or Very Mad
Tireheb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpathian_Florist wrote:
On the same note MARE - THRONE OF THE THIRTEENTH WITCH 7" is fetching over a 100+ dollars on discogs.......people are raking in the dough on these NIDROSIAN acts. I'm sure SPHERES and THRONE will be reissued at some point it's only a matter of time.

That's some crazy shit. I surely did not pay more than 15 EUR including postage for that Mare 7". But that was years ago...

Not all the Nidrosian bands are worth the hype.
I have this record and can someone tell me what it sounds like, please.

"You can't hide the hook!"
krakentorso

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
On the same note MARE - THRONE OF THE THIRTEENTH WITCH 7" is fetching over a 100+ dollars on discogs.......people are raking in the dough on these NIDROSIAN acts. I'm sure SPHERES and THRONE will be reissued at some point it's only a matter of time.

That's some crazy shit. I surely did not pay more than 15 EUR including postage for that Mare 7". But that was years ago...

yeah, same with me but I must admit that I have sold it this summer for more than 60 euro as I was in need of some quick money.
.aske

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krakentorso wrote:
Tireheb wrote:

yeah, same with me but I must admit that I have sold it this summer for more than 60 euro as I was in need of some quick money.

How dare you! If the record hasn't been out for over 25 years, you can't sell for a profit!
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's EXACTLY the point I was making. Confused
.aske

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
Yeah that's EXACTLY the point I was making. Confused

Laughing

So what's the exact holding period that one must exceed to be able to sell his records for a profit?

I'm just being a dick, of course.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No hard feelings or anything. And of course there is no "holding period" for records. But you used one of the most extreme examples of valuable records around (Deathcrush). An LP like that is rare and valuable for many different reasons. But all records that are really sought after and fetch high prices have somehow earned it in a way. Sure, lots of records get overhyped and develop artificially high prices that have fuck all to do with actual value. I just happen to think Mare is one of them. You can go on ebay and get copies of Mental Funeral or Blessed Are the Sick LPs, first press, for half the price these douchebags are charging for Mare MLP. Anyway I don't have a perfect idea of how much every record should cost. But this specific record is just some new record that shouldn't cost more than about 25 bucks. That is, until there is some actual reason (the band ends up actually being important, the hype dies down and demand is still there, etc).
Fuck that was too long. But to make it simple I'll just say that my complaint is this habit people seem to have of deciding that every record is going to triple in price just because distros don't have it at the moment. And that is fucking bullshit.
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are three for sale on Discogs for 50, maybe they'd accept a lower offer? I reckon unless this is re-released the insane price for this will only go up so maybe it's a case of take it while it's at 50. Killer EP anyway, theres a lot worse things to blow 50 on,most people blow twice that on a friday night Smile

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=3331058&ev=rb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Trade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: