P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Krisiun - The Great Execution
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AngeldeathGreg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Krisiun - The Great Execution Reply with quote

Okay, so i think its finally time to start addressing this album.

I haven't gotten my physical vinyl copy yet, but I couldn't wait to hear it so I downloaded the album w/ the bonus track.

I've only listened to the first half of the album, plus BFD and I have to say....this is easily their best record since Conquerors. It really is. They've grown as musicians and brought back the brutality. The songs kill...

First off... BLASTBEATS ARE BACK. I was totally surprised, but most of the songs start off with blastbeats or feature blasts after a little intro piece. That, and most of the songs are BASED on blastbeats again!!!! I was so happy about this....

And then you take a song like "The Great Execution" itself, which features what I think Krisiun was searching for over the last 3-4 albums: groove/non-blast parts that are just as brutal. The middle section of this song is straight double-bass grinding groove. Its actually really good. Max is a fucking fiend on the drums here, its awesome. I mean, listen to his tasteful jazz ride cymbal playing during the solo (3:03).

The main focus here, of course, will be Black Force Domain. And I think it came out great. Its really cool to have this snapshot of the song, production-wise. I think it gives even further evidence to the greatness of the debut, because you can hear what they were really doing there. Its especially awesome for me to hear that classic BFD-album-style groove at 3:35.

Okay, what say you?
ANGELDEATH - death metal --> for fans of Krisiun, Centurian, Defaced Creation, Morbid Angel, Vital Remains, Luciferion, Immortal, Necrophobic, Hate Eternal, Deicide, Diabolic, Rebaelliun, Throneaeon, Angelcorpse

www.myspace.com/angeldeath518
BreedingtheSpawn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listened to a couple of songs I got to say it sounds pretty good, the production is very similar to that on Bloodshed and not as sterile like on the last couple of albums. My favorite song on the album so far is Extinção em Massa.

We are finally free from gods or men who claim to be.
Carlzilla

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I've listened to from it is better than anything they've done since the 90's. It still grows tiresome pretty quickly though. I'll stick with Unmerciful Order and Black Force Domain probably.

And now we have fags complaining about other fags. A "fagoboros" if you will.

http://www.last.fm/user/carlzilla
Mirror

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff!

global deathrape wrote:
Makes about as much sense as white power hip hop.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to check this out. I liked the first 3 albums quite a bit, but haven't listened to anything they've done since they totally shit the bed on "Ageless Venomous"
Infernal Dominion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New album is really tight and exhibits superior musicianship by the trio. Needs more listens to sink in.
throneofmight

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

punishing Evil or Very Mad
transearth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the new one at all. Boring, uninspired. There are just good moments, no good songs. First truly disappointing album by Krisiun for me. This is their "Blood Oath" album sort of.
AtomicDesolator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard some tracks. I like what I hear.
crypticus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the new album a lot, but I'm a little confused by the original poster's review: Have you heard the last 2 albums? They sound exactly like this one, except this one has less blasting than "Southern Storm".
Anyway, I find it strange that they made all this hype about recording 100% analog, because this one sounds just like the last two - compressed, trebly, & heavy - which is fine by me, but they shouldn't have made such a huge stink about it supposedly being "old school" production, 'cause it ain't.
Great album though & especially great for them.
Kudos!
valgalder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always dug Conquerors especially.. and have are a great live band for sure... will have to check out the new one since i've heard good things.
AngeldeathGreg

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crypticus wrote:
I like the new album a lot, but I'm a little confused by the original poster's review: Have you heard the last 2 albums? They sound exactly like this one, except this one has less blasting than "Southern Storm".
Anyway, I find it strange that they made all this hype about recording 100% analog, because this one sounds just like the last two - compressed, trebly, & heavy - which is fine by me, but they shouldn't have made such a huge stink about it supposedly being "old school" production, 'cause it ain't.
Great album though & especially great for them.
Kudos!

Yeah; I own "Southern Storm" on vinyl/cd, and I've forced myself to sit through "Assassination". I'm pretty sure that Southern Storm doesn't feature nearly any of the classic long runs of blastbeats that Krisiun *finally* brought back here. The stuff like "Vicious Wrath" off Assassination is what Southern Storm is more like, from what I can recall. I really don't listen to it that often; having "Conquerors" picLP and "Unmerciful Order" vinyl eat up all my Krisiun listening time, haha. Except for when I want to hear "Dawn of Flagellation" where i'll throw on the Ageless Venomous picLP.

I know what you mean by it sounding like recent Krisiun; I just think they've finally kind of made some sort of breakthrough with that sort of style they've gone into. Theres a TON of musicality and emotive playing in this new album, and I really dig that.

The stuff like most of "Descending Abomination" still bores the fuck out of me, but... when you hear shit like "The Extremist", thats the closest they've come to the first 3 albums since. I mean, thats classic Krisiun...stringing blastbeats together over riffs, not the blast-plus-choppy groove stuff they were exploring on the last 3 albums.

Cuz then, in "The Extremist" when they go into the groovey shit, its just BETTER. The stereo panning, and the weird guitar overlays, and Max's drumming especially make it WAY more interesting.

But production-wise; this is really nothing out of the ordinary at all. Modern technology will always get in the way of getting a vibe like "Onward to Golgotha", "Altars of Madness", "Legion", and "Black Force Domain". Those days are long gone.
ANGELDEATH - death metal --> for fans of Krisiun, Centurian, Defaced Creation, Morbid Angel, Vital Remains, Luciferion, Immortal, Necrophobic, Hate Eternal, Deicide, Diabolic, Rebaelliun, Throneaeon, Angelcorpse

www.myspace.com/angeldeath518
transearth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think The Extremist is one of the stand outs on the album, it's vice versa for me... That track just embodies what's all wrong about new Krisiun to me. Simple, too predictable & groovy rockin` stuff that's just empty and ain't even close to their blasphemous blasting (if you want) death metal glory.
And Southern Storm was pretty decent BLASTING album. It contained few fillers, but the new one has more or less fills in every song. Just saying...
Mutilated

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krisiun died after "Conquerors...".
Adrianus7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mutilated wrote:
Krisiun died after "Conquerors...".

No. One of the few bands with a truly flawless discography.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: