P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Lazy answer DISTROS
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lordnausea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Lazy answer DISTROS Reply with quote

Blackberry / Smartphone

Maybe some distro owners missed to ask Santa for one of this .

Again and again happens and again and again I ask how nowadays can someone spend more than 48 hours (and waiting) to ask a fucking ORDER ( money to your distro) email.

Canīt spend 15 minutes each day to check the mail?

Bad way to manage a commerce.

http://www.discogs.com/seller/07mgl
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, waiting for an answer if that answer is all you have going on in life can be annoying.

However I assume many of these more compact distro personal are a one man operation, and it's very low key... not aiming to become the Wal-Mart or Costco of the underground metal society.

They work in small quantities and at their own pace, what is a few days or a week to wait when (likely) you are merely ordering one single item from them?

I've been guilty too of being impatient, NWN and HHR spoil the consumer with literally almost overnight packaging and shipping, but can that really seriously be expected from everyone?
lordnausea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you check everyday your email?

I do.

My personal and my work email (I must!).

Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordnausea wrote:

I do.

I have no life and pretty much no friends, so yea, I do nothing but sit here and view the NWN forums and check my email about every ten minutes.

This is why I have 4171 posts, and you do not.
frostjunkie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Yea, waiting for an answer if that answer is all you have going on in life can be annoying.

Was going to make a bunch of points but this sums it up.
lordnausea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:

I've been guilty too of being impatient, NWN and HHR spoil the consumer with literally almost overnight packaging and shipping, but can that really seriously be expected from everyone?

Yes, is serious to expect it form a SERIOUS person/label.

For a fucking lazy is expectable fucking lazyness.

Clear as water.

lordnausea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
lordnausea wrote:

I do.

I have no life and pretty much no friends, so yea, I do nothing but sit here and view the NWN forums and check my email about every ten minutes.

This is why I have 4171 posts, and you do not.

So, you work as a farmer?

.aske

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you, lordnausea.

If they're lazy, just don't order from them. Download whatever you were going to buy. Very Happy

They'll eventually get weeded out, because distros that will reply to your messages will profit and be able to put that money into purchasing new releases.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are crying foul over 48 hours, that is simply two days. Maybe there is a stream of emails to answer and yours gets next in line on the third day.
48hrs guys? Seriously?

At least a weeks grace, over the weekend should be given then perhaps start inquiring if the inquiry was lost in the shuffle. Two days is not much time, considering the distro is not exactly these people's main source of income, they do have families and actual grown up jobs to perform as well to keep this fantasy metal life style functioning in all of it's spledid unrealistic glory of catering to impatient childrens need to have every record a few moments after initial release.
Speerhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordnausea wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:

Clear as water.

Ok, let's make this as simple as possible:

Most underground distros are run as side concerns by people with lots of other things in their lives. It stands to reason that they might set aside some selected times of the week to deal with distro matters, and not on a day-to-day basis.

If you honestly think 48 hours is too to wait for a response, then maybe underground metal isn't for you. Maybe buying Children of Bodom CDs off Amazon would give you that satisfied customer buzz you seek instead.
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Lazy answer DISTROS Reply with quote

lordnausea wrote:
Blackberry / Smartphone

I'd rather kill myself than run a distro and have to read emails from entitled people like you when I'm not on my computer doing distro shit, to be quite honest.
lordnausea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speerhead wrote:
lordnausea wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:

Clear as water.

Ok, let's make this as simple as possible:

Most underground distros are run as side concerns by people with lots of other things in their lives. It stands to reason that they might set aside some selected times of the week to deal with distro matters, and not on a day-to-day basis.

If you honestly think 48 hours is too to wait for a response, then maybe underground metal isn't for you. Maybe buying Children of Bodom CDs off Amazon would give you that satisfied customer buzz you seek instead.

Conclusions:

-People who runs FAST day-to-day underground labels doesnt have lots of other things in their lives.

-Labels who answer you fast must sell children of bodom cds.

Last edited by lordnausea on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One has to ask themselves this.

When you are about to write a distro a email, ask yourself, honestly, how would you react to that email and remember, you are getting dozens of them.

Customer : Hey, I ordered something this morning, have you sent it yet?

A few hours pass...

Customer : Hey man, I wrote you several times now, are you shipping my purchase or did you rip me off, I will file a paypal claim on your ass bla bla bla

Yea, perhaps a bit exaggerated, but seriously... you think these distro guys sole duty is to cater to you personally?
Yea there are some rather dubious ones out there, and they are generally clearly spelled out in threads on this forum... the good ones are also praised, so quit fucking worrying and relax a week, more than likely you will get a reply and get your product.

Not like the majority of us don't already own enough shit to listen to, that it will not kill us to NOT have an item for a week or two longer than usual. Fuck.
48hrs ...you don't get 48hr service for any single CD or LP order. You want some overnight business, open your fucking wallet and spend some real money!
lordnausea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Lazy answer DISTROS Reply with quote

Haunt In The Dark wrote:
lordnausea wrote:
Blackberry / Smartphone

I'd rather kill myself than run a distro and have to read emails from entitled people like you when I'm not on my computer doing distro shit, to be quite honest.

Laptops works perfectly 15-30 minutes a day.

Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Lazy answer DISTROS Reply with quote

lordnausea wrote:
Haunt In The Dark wrote:
lordnausea wrote:
Blackberry / Smartphone

Laptops works perfectly 15-30 minutes a day.

Per order... double check stock, set aside, adjust distro list... I think many of you fail to realize the work to properly run a distro and keep things somehow orderly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: