P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Sadistic Intent
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invictus Productions wrote:
Chit019 wrote:
the band is broke as hell and not really going anywhere with Dark realms besides distributing other releases from other lablels.

Playing some shows, printing some shirts, getting someone to re-release their out of print material will help bring in money.

still them maybe have debts.... though this is correct
Invictus Productions

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all have debts compadre, it's a matter of making the best of whatever situation you're in that matters.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invictus Productions wrote:
We all have debts compadre, it's a matter of making the best of whatever situation you're in that matters.

Right... though mine is very small
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the money it costs a typical label today to put out five shitty releases, they could just finance the recording of an LP for a good band like Sadistic Intent.

That's if they WANT to release an LP. I hope they're not another lazy Necrovore and just want to live off the cult status of their name.

If a shit band like Krieg can pump out a thousand releases, Sadistic Intent can release a fucking LP.
illomen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i refuse to believe a band with four members cant scrounge up $1200 or so to release a cd. thats only like $300 per member. no fucking way. being broke cant be the reason.

they could press a discography cd with that money and sell it at $10 per copy. they would get their money back after 120 cds. there are 120 people on this message board that would buy it the first week and everything else would be profit. and even if they couldnt get that money together, there are plenty of labels that would release it for them.
monsterSquad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i read up a little bit on the interviews and it seems they are focusing a lot on the dark realm store. i don't think it's a money issue, they must rake in some profit from that store.
illomen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
That's if they WANT to release an LP. I hope they're not another lazy Necrovore and just want to live off the cult status of their name.

i hope this isnt the reason, but its hard to conceive of any other reason why they havent reissued this stuff.
Jesus Iglesias

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm sure that a bootleg on vinyl is coming very soon
illomen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus Iglesias wrote:

yeah ive been thinking the same thing, but it hasnt happened yet. no offense to those guys because i have immense repect for their work, but to me, if a band doesnt make an effort to keep their records in print and people are paying shitloads of money on ebay for them, it probably deserves to get bootlegged. it should be incentive to the band to do an official version.
HELLTHRASHER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, Sadistic Intent never broke up, they were always around. Just not as active as they are now since these past 4+ years.

To be honest, they don't make much from Dark Realm shop.
Just like anyone else here, they have bills as well. They pay taxes, utility expenses, Personal expenses. etc. etc. etc. All that adds up.
But the bottom line is: They are extremely busy. Dark Realm takes 99.9% of their time. With only them 2 running the shop, no one else, it's very difficult to get shit done.
-and before anyone says it, they can't hire anyone else because it goes back to square one : They don't make enough to begin with.
Dark Realm is not hurting or suffering, it's not gonna close down anytime soon (I hope) but it could always use help and more support from the local heads. It's just like any other business, it has its ups and downs.

They are not going for any cult status purposely. Just happens to be that way somehow.

Believe me, They are pissed just as much as the fans are about the availability of their releases. They see how much their stuff goes on Ebay, and they trip out on it on how the heads are making a killing out of their stuff. It's unecessary really, but when there's nothing available, it's going to get to that point.
It's really difficult to get anything done with the band while the shop is around.
It's difficult to get anything done with the shop while the band is around. They both need eachother.
Unless you're not from L.A, you wouldn't know.

But really, when there's no time, there is no advancement.
Time is the essence here.

I for one would like to see their past discography re-issued properly. Hopefully that can happen someday soon.

As for The Second Coming. . I wouldn't hold my breathe on that too long.
Chances are the UG would get a reissue first then the new album...
Jesus Iglesias

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

illomen wrote:
Jesus Iglesias wrote:

yeah ive been thinking the same thing, but it hasnt happened yet. no offense to those guys because i have immense repect for their work, but to me, if a band doesnt make an effort to keep their records in print and people are paying shitloads of money on ebay for them, it probably deserves to get bootlegged. it should be incentive to the band to do an official version.

is going to happen very very soon trust me
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's plenty of people on here who runs labels, why doesn't someone approach them about it? There certainly seems to be the interest to make it viable.

As for the band themselves, I've only got copies (bah) of Resurection and Ancient Black Earth, but they're both great releases, especially ABE.
HELLTHRASHER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have been approached by various labels to re-issue their stuff. Only they know the status behind that.

But something will be re-released later on. It's bound to.
Chit019

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at dark realms not too long ago and asked them about the same question, and I always get the same answer, how the label who;s supposed to released the second coming fucked them over together with the producer or whatever. And yes, the shop is taking most of their time. I dont go there much tho since most cd's are quite expensive compared to normal prices but I understand since they do everything by themselves and the brothers are really cool and very approachable. And it's true that a lot of people are running labels but it's a different story when it comes to SI since they have a label and actually running a real "store", no online activities whatever that's why it;s taking a lot of their time.
Blood Of Von

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember too that they do work other jobs as well. I used to go to DR a fair bit when I was still living in the US and know that Rick and Bay had other Jobs as well, Emilo and Vince (no longer in the fold) also. Killer band who deserved a lot more than they have had. Plus the seem to be busy with POSSESSED more these days.... I'm sure some label would be willing to release "The Second Coming"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: