P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

ESOCTRILIHUM - The Telluric Ashes... 2LP/CD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I, Voidhanger

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject: ESOCTRILIHUM - The Telluric Ashes... 2LP/CD Reply with quote

Out now:

ESOCTRILIHUM - The Telluric Ashes of the Ö Vrth Immemorial Gods
(Mystic Black Death Metal)

“The Telluric Ashes of the Ö Vrth Immemorial Gods” is the 4th, most epic and most annihilating album by France's ESOCTRILIHUM, a cryptic entity that is torching the black death metal scene to the ground at great speed. Governed by the even more mysterious Asthâghul, ESOCTRILIHUM have the rare ability to perceive otherworldly, grotesque dimensions of cosmic horror and represent them in a very concrete and convincing way. Their records are an immanence of the absurd: the divine breaks into our material world with a blind destructing frenzy, making it clear that mankind is a mere fading footnote in the highest schemes of existence. Nothing more than the delirious idea of a sick god on its death bed.
The music of ESOCTRILIHUM pushes the listener through dark tunnels and mystic portals that lead to arcane and hallucinatory places. Asthâghul holds their keys... and yet he's the sore prisoner of his own visions, a reluctant messenger of astral worlds beyond human comprehension. He's a sort of Abdul Alhazred of metal: like the mad poet of Lovecraftian memory, he has seen what shouldn't be seen, and pours his experiences into majestic compositions where the intricate geometries of riffs and rhythms conjure up chaos and darkness.
Composed in 2018 and wrapped up in a visionary cover painting by Alan “Medusawolf” Brown (MASTODON), ESOCTRILIHUM's “The Telluric Ashes of the Ö Vrth Immemorial Gods” can be considered the missing junction between the hammering death metal of “Pandaemorthium” and the psychedelic black metal drifts of “Inhüma”, tied together by stuporous dark melodies of cosmic proportions, intoxicant like mind-altering drugs and sour like poison.

DLP GATEFOLD
• Limited to 300 copies worldwide: 100 red, 200 black
• 140gr. vinyls
• 350gr. gatefold sleeve, 5mm spine
• 12"x12" sized 4-page booklet/poster
• Black inner sleeves
• Outer plastic sleeve
Buy: https://metalodyssey.8merch.com/product/esoctrilihum-the-telluric-ashes-of-the-o-vrth-immemorial-gods-2lp/

A5 DIGIPACK CD with Booklet
Buy: https://metalodyssey.8merch.com/product/esoctrilihum-the-telluric-ashes-of-the-o-vrth-immemorial-gods-cd/

DIGITAL via Bandcamp: https://i-voidhangerrecords.bandcamp.com/album/the-telluric-ashes-of-the-o-vrth-immemorial-gods
https://www.facebook.com/i.voidhanger.records
http://i-voidhangerrecords.bandcamp.com/
SilenceEater

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered the CD today. I have all his releases and they just get better and better
sabeth

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of a vinyl pressing for the previous two releases?
I, Voidhanger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabeth wrote:
Any chance of a vinyl pressing for the previous two releases?

Yes, in the future, and if people show interest.
Gmajnar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAAAAMMMNNNNN, what a MASTERPIECE of an album!!!!
A magnificent maelstrom of songwriting skills that is masterful in blending vicious brutallity and esoteric/mystical passages that blow you into the Kozmos. These songs are EPIC & TWISTED and yet they are fukin catchy as hell!
And that almighty cover artwork, holy shit ... it's speaks in tongues of the High Magos, Demons and The Ancient Ones - and the Mighty Esoctrilihum is at one with all of them. Astaghul is a true disciple of the Magick of Musick - HAIL!
This is an instant buy for me ... it's one of the greatest works of art in the last decade - pure KHAOZ-BLISS Twisted Evil
I, Voidhanger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some press:

"...the kind of macroscale widescreen cinematic approach to extreme music that reminds you of why you fell in love with it in the first place (...) Esoctrilihum deliver the kind of lateral thinking right-brain black/death metal that reframes metal as a realm of infinite imagination, a caelestium of doorways."
CONSEQUENCE OF SOUND

"French one-man outfit Esoctrilihum’s latest also feels a lot longer than it actually is, and given that it runs at a hefty 75 minutes, that’s no mean feat. This isn’t a criticism however, as the cumbersomely named The Telluric Ashes Of The Ö Vrth Immemorial Gods contains enough interesting ideas to keep you transfixed throughout, but the aggressive manner it bludgeons you with them and the sprawling, nightmarish way they’re presented is absolutely exhausting, in the best possible way. Existing in the same realm of esoteric part-black metal, part-death metal and part-unknowable cosmic horror as bands like The Ruins Of Beverast, Howls Of Ebb and Tchornobog, this is Esoctrilihum’s fourth hour-plus full-length in the space of just two years, and arguably the most successful."
THE QUIETUS

"...Asthâgul (the man behind the curtain) has outdone himself again with his fourth full-length in two years, Telluric Ashes. Does this guy ever sleep? I mean, I wouldn’t, if I experienced the kind of twisted nightmares his music implies. Telluric Ashes is Esoctrilihum’s most experimental work yet, while at the same time feeling incredibly focused, like Mr. Asthâgul’s really starting to find his groove. Anyone who likes their music pulled straight from the cosmic crypts better be making this one a priority."
METAL SUCKS

"Esoctrilihum is the manifestation of an illogical vision that goes beyond the breadth all normality. Regardless, if The Telluric Ashes Of The Ö Vrth Immemorial Gods is indeed the outcome of interdimensional influence or simply the psychotic vision of the individual known only as Asthâghul, the awe it inspires cannot be denied, to the extent that the premise of a man’s mind being contested over by conflicting alien forces all vying to bleed their essences into our native dimension seems more likely."
THE COVENANT

"...a claustrophobic concoction of black and death metal from a singular view point. This is dense, occasionally dissonant music full of discomfort, but also long on melodies and textures roiling just under the surface. (...) Asthâghul’s uncommonly prolific output shows a creatively restless mind and enough talent to be a big fucking deal in the blackened corners of the extreme metal community..."
ANGRY METAL GUY

"...I’m not only floored at how one person can possibly create such a high quantity of content so quickly, but more that the quality of the art on offer is absolutely astonishing. Each densely layered track is but a microcosm set within the overall expanse of labyrinthine passages and cosmic wormholes Esoctrilihum can conjure on command."
TOILET OV HELL

"Designed to fit between their charnel sophomore album Pandaemorthium and the blackened necromancy of Inhu?ma, The Telluric Ashes of the O Vrth Immemorial Gods bends together neanderthalic barbism with celestial mysticism to create a piece that bridges the gap between the two periods, but more importantly, stands as a testament to the power these disparities have when masterfully strewn together."
SPUTNIK MUSIC

"Esoctrilihum’s upcoming record is dense, evil, and very intense. The production is done really well, making it a really dynamic record. The fact that it’s a one man project makes the complexity of the music even more impressing, there’s so much to be heard that every time you put it on, you hear new riffs and details. The album is like a ritual, transporting you to another dimension for the hour and fifteen minutes that it lasts. It’s a challenging, but rewarding experience."
METAL UTOPIA

"The album is full of horrifying experiences and structured by unorthodox methods. Esoctrilihum is no ordinary band. The music itself reverberates across mystical themes and keyboard soundscapes, giving the music a vast and contemplative space to channel through a bizarre ambiance. However these elements work as thematic melodies and provide dark and hypnotic contents. The cover album is another puzzling work of art which contains many esoteric meanings. It has a deep aspect, and the quality of the music, like its atmosphere, is meticulously executed."
GRIMM

"An album like this is far from the sort of thing that should be ignored in any sort of way, and I cannot implore you enough to soak yourself in the 71 minutes of sheer chaotic darkness that has been hand crafted here! There has never been a better time to get behind the shadowy figure that is Esoctrilihum and mark my words that as the final moments of not only this year but life itself that it’s the demon of Esoctrilihum that will be victorious in that final moment of dimming twilight."
THE METAL WONDERLUST

"The Telluric Ashes Of The O Vrth Immemorial Gods is a frequently terrifying listen, one which continually pushes for ever scarier and more grandiose landscapes. Decrying tales of dark beasts and demented realities,this is an intimidating, but addictive listen."
TWO GUYS METAL REVIEWS

"...an immense work of art, which shows an obvious progression that tops off all of the Asthâghuls previous work (even though his previous works were incredible)."
VM-UNDERGROUND

"The music here is the bridge between 'Pandaemorthium,' where death metal prevailed over black and 'Inhüma,' where the opposite happened. There is a relative balance between the two in this recording. What has not changed is the sick, creepy, eerie atmosphere, a representation of the power of creation with which Asthâghul has been endowed by an unknown universal power. Unbelievably beautiful once again is the cover art by Alan Brown."
DEEP BENEATH
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a pretty cool recording... what I say next is not meant in any negative context, figured since it could be interpreted that way I would mention that ahead of time ...this album is like sitting through 3 albums of material. So much music and it felt like a long time to conclude, but it was not in a way of sitting there rolling eyes hoping it to end... just really a lot of material here and its pretty fucking good too. ...buying this album is like when you buy a second hand car for $1000 and discover $3500 of cocaine forgotten/hidden in it (happened to my uncle some 30 years ago hahaha) ...just saying you get a LOT here and its good.

That A5 digipak cd format looks killer too. The artwork on this is pretty awesome.
I, Voidhanger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
This is a pretty cool recording... what I say next is not meant in any negative context, figured since it could be interpreted that way I would mention that ahead of time ...this album is like sitting through 3 albums of material. So much music and it felt like a long time to conclude, but it was not in a way of sitting there rolling eyes hoping it to end... just really a lot of material here and its pretty fucking good too. ...buying this album is like when you buy a second hand car for $1000 and discover $3500 of cocaine forgotten/hidden in it (happened to my uncle some 30 years ago hahaha) ...just saying you get a LOT here and its good.

That A5 digipak cd format looks killer too. The artwork on this is pretty awesome.

Yeah, I liked what you wrote. Excess is the only rule in Esoctrilihum's world, it should be clear after 4 releases. The idea is to project the listener into unfriendly weird places where he/she is overwhelmed and crushed... and then crushed again. And yet they are places in which one would return.

Like other bands on my label (Midnight Odyssey, Spectral Lore, etc.), Esoctrilihum doesn't adjust his art to people's listening commodities, attention span, mental schemes and/or preconceptions about how much music an album should contain, or how many albums per year an artist should release.

The guy behind Esoctrilihum turned 21 four months ago, and I am astonished that such a young guy can write, play and produce 4 quality albums in 2 years, always introducing new elements and sounds (kantele on this album, violin on the previous one, both real instruments and not synthetic). I won't certainly be the guy who will tell him to rein his creativity back.
I, Voidhanger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UP.

About 30 red vinyls left: https://metalodyssey.8merch.com/product/esoctrilihum-the-telluric-ashes-of-the-o-vrth-immemorial-gods-2lp/

More reviews:

"The Telluric Ashes warrants the investment of time from any fan of black metal’s odder side, especially those familiar with previous Esoctrilihum releases. Asthâghul’s latest offering is his boldest and most fully realized, which certainly whets the palate for what he might pen as a follow-up. There’s little doubt this will rank among my top black metal releases when it comes time to wrap-up another year of Kvlt Kolvmn."
HEAVY BLOG IS HEAVY

"...death metal’s muscle-laden technical chaos blended with black metal’s fire and bleak atmosphere."
INDY METAL VAULT (Vault Picks)

"The Telluric Ashes of the Ö Vrth Immemorial Gods gathered all the good elements of the past records and combined them to deliver this monstrous package. It has a thick atmosphere, it’s still ridiculously layered and suffocating and it’s simply brimming with dark, twisted psychedelia (...) an essential listen for any fan of extreme and dark music."
BLESSED ALTAR ZINE (10/10)

"...you owe it to yourself to pick up this record. The attention to detail on every level just screams passion, and whilst it is first and foremost a Black Metal record, it eschews the stereotypical mold the genre can be criticized for."
METAL TEMPLE (8/10)

"Three impressive albums in already, there wasn't much for Asthâghul to prove with new Esoctrilihum albums, but this one only serves to further cement the talent at the heart of the project. Memorable, well written, and packing a lot of replay value, this is one that should hopefully be topping many a black metal fan's end of year charts when 2019 is said and done."
METALSTORM.NET
szentofdeath

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still hoping for a vinyl release of Devil Worshipper. Any chance?
I, Voidhanger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

szentofdeath wrote:
Still hoping for a vinyl release of Devil Worshipper. Any chance?

Sorry, no plans for that.
PanzerGeneral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You, I, Voidhanger are now my favorite label of current year!
This is fucking amazing!

And as much as I hate vinyl colors and people telling what color they bought I have to say that the red vinyl just makes it all come together beautifully!
So I guess this will my present to myself tonight. I wonder what color I will get?
SilenceEater

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the album today! Can't wait to go home and blast it. I am hoping that it has plenty of that low end fuckery that you hear in the 2nd and 3rd records!
I, Voidhanger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PanzerGeneral wrote:
This is fucking amazing!

Thanks, the second half of 2019 will be as intense, with new albums from Haunter, Weeping Sores, Sartegos, Ploughshare and Midnight Odyssey, among the others.

SilenceEater wrote:
Got the album today! Can't wait to go home and blast it. I am hoping that it has plenty of that low end fuckery that you hear in the 2nd and 3rd records!

I guess you will find what you're looking for, as the album was written between "Pandaemorthium" and "Inhuma" and is a mix of both.
PanzerGeneral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, Voidhanger wrote:
PanzerGeneral wrote:
This is fucking amazing!

Thanks, the second half of 2019 will be as intense, with new albums from Haunter, Weeping Sores, Sartegos, Ploughshare and Midnight Odyssey, among the others.

I have never heard about any of those bands but I guess I am give them a listen if you are putting it out.

Your releases are like a breath of fresh air in monoton desert of inbred, rehashed and already tried-to-death music that are being spewed out current year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: