P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Recent movies you watched/bought
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 745, 746, 747 ... 759, 760, 761  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

axebix wrote:
hymnsoftheneedlefreak wrote:
cochino wrote:
Just finished my yearly watch of Hellraiser. No other movie hits such perfect balance: it's simultaneously intellectual and visceral, atmospheric and effectist, epic and intimate, spiritual and materialistic in its horror, just fucking perfect. And as much as I like the tracks Coil originally did for this movie, I'm glad they went with the Christopher Young sountrack because it adds to the ambivalence of it all. I just can't pick between this one and The Thing as my favorite 80s horror film.

Still reigns as one of the best horror movies ever made.

Rewatched it yesternight, I must say that I liked it much more than the first time. I'd definitely put The Thing above it (and then some), but for me the 70s horror remains the best, I was never too much into 80s stuff.

The Thing will reign supreme as far as special effects go. Nothing beats it.
The Missing Link

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feuersturm wrote:
I used to love both The Fly movies. They're pretty fly. The grotesque special effects were a big part of the charm no doubt, and I think they got even more gross in the second one, although I would say the first one might be the better film overall, even if it will make you dislike armwrestling. I watched the elevator death scene in The Fly II frame by frame on VHS.

I think part 2 was so over the top with grossness because they wanted to try to do or outdo Cronnenbergs 1st one. And since he wasn't on board for part 2, they had to try to do what they think he would have done.

Shirts: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/posting.php
Logghi Barogghi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apostle.

Gareth Evans [ The Raid] nasty little Netflix film. Worth a look. His style needs some refinement in the storytelling department, but everything else [cinematography, cast/acting] is good, if not great in a few scenes, but its the scenes that are the hardest to watch which make the film memorable.

[img][/img]
The Missing Link

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logghi Barogghi wrote:
Apostle.

Gareth Evans [ The Raid] nasty little Netflix film. Worth a look. His style needs some refinement in the storytelling department, but everything else [cinematography, cast/acting] is good, if not great in a few scenes, but its the scenes that are the hardest to watch which make the film memorable.

[img][/img]

Couldn't help but think of this as another Wicker Man remake.

Saltrubbed Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I watch Mandy I'm going to have to revisit The Fly, The Fly II, The Thing (2011 prequel), The Thing & Hellraiser.

Some aspects of The Fly give me goosebumps such as the line: "I'm an insect who dreamt he was a man and loved it. But now the dream is over and the insect is awake" & when seth's computer confirms that he's been fused with a fly at a molecular level. I gotta seek out more "body horror" films.
Logghi Barogghi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="The Missing Link"]
Logghi Barogghi wrote:
Apostle.

it leans on the usual cult-like tropes, but reminded more of say...Black Death than WM. There's a couple of scenes that make it well worth the slow parts, for period piece horror types.

Last edited by Logghi Barogghi on Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Logghi Barogghi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="The Missing Link"]
Logghi Barogghi wrote:
Apostle.

it leans on the usual cult-like tropes, but reminded more of say...Black Death meets The VVitch than WM. There's a couple of scenes that make it well worth the viewing through the slow parts, for period piece horror it delivers.

Last edited by Logghi Barogghi on Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
The Missing Link

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing about Overlord. Did anyone else notice that the aunt was credited to Meg Foster? Is that like THE Meg Foster?

cochino

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Missing Link wrote:
One more thing about Overlord. Did anyone else notice that the aunt was credited to Meg Foster? Is that like THE Meg Foster?
No https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4289518/
Saltrubbed Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandy
Surreal grindhouse revenge film that's strangely uplifting & with extremely subtle attention to detail. Great film.
deveneror

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this. Under the surface is pretty fucked up.

sghost

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, Dogtooth!

Been awhile since I last saw it, but remember liking it. It's a bit slow though, but it creeps up on you
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The movie I'm looking forward the most to seeing before the end of year is over is Climax. I already have my picks for the year and I would like to see if this makes my list to close the year out.
Logghi Barogghi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sghost wrote:
Ah, Dogtooth!

Been awhile since I last saw it, but remember liking it. It's a bit slow though, but it creeps up on you

all his [Yorgos Lanthimos] stuff is slow burn...and it always delivers imo. One of my fave modern-era directors.

edit: he has a new period piece/dark weirdness dropping now actually, limited screens. The Favourite. Looks like a winner.
sghost

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked The Killing of a Sacret Deer, but had troubled getting into The Lobster, but I want to give it another chance one day.

Don't remember the last thing I saw but going to start the new Narcos season tonight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 745, 746, 747 ... 759, 760, 761  Next
Page 746 of 761

Jump to: