P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Recent movies you watched/bought
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 708, 709, 710 ... 760, 761, 762  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snakenuts

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Widdershins wrote:
Tireheb wrote:
They are better than this new one. Requiem being worse of them but the first AVP film is great.

What? That film was fucking awful of course, what would you expect though from a PG-13 AvP movie? A let down in every way...

+1. What's the point of filming a fight between 2 of the most iconic film creatures of all time if you can barely see what was going due to the terrible lighting in the film.
Saltrubbed Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many awful films have been made but we shouldn't condemn people for having a reason for watching them no matter how trivial..

For example, I recently watched Howard the Duck, mainly to see upskirt shots of Lea Thompson after reading a review on a website that praises trashy films.

As for the AvP franchise & where the Alien franchise seems to be heading, it's pretty dire haha, although I don't mind Alien Ressurection, it's been a while since I've seen it but I remember the first half is pretty good, the genetics lab scene is nice and creepy.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Widdershins wrote:
Tireheb wrote:
They are better than this new one. Requiem being worse of them but the first AVP film is great.

What? That film was fucking awful of course, what would you expect though from a PG-13 AvP movie? A let down in every way...

Go see the new piece of shit Predator movie and then think again. Don't really care if the AVP films are "PG13" but at least the first one is enough entertaining to be watched.

LAMENTATION "Grabens Symphonie" 2CD OUT NOW!
Nihilist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i decided months ago that this new Predator was gonna fail. and im glad i avoided that ticket purchase.

watched Mandy again.
It is an amalgam of the mid 80s paranoia. incredible.
i totally understand why some people will hate it, and dis it, as they didnt live through it. And it is an arthouse depiction of the era. But an INCREDIBLE film overall.

And the new JOKER photo is such a lame 1st image. i know, i know, people said the same thing about Heath Ledger, but it turned out to be godlike in my opinion,
In The Hour of 11:11...
Nihilist

SLUMBER ROOM= www.novisiblescars.bandcamp.com
snakenuts

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saltrubbed Eyes wrote:
Many awful films have been made but we shouldn't condemn people for having a reason for watching them no matter how trivial..

For example, I recently watched Howard the Duck, mainly to see upskirt shots of Lea Thompson after reading a review on a website that praises trashy films.

As for the AvP franchise & where the Alien franchise seems to be heading, it's pretty dire haha, although I don't mind Alien Ressurection, it's been a while since I've seen it but I remember the first half is pretty good, the genetics lab scene is nice and creepy.

I wasnt particularly condemning the point of view. I was voicing a frustration that such a cool concept was poorly done.
Although I dont think many of us go into the film with high expectations of some sort of academy award winning script or direction. I certainly didnt. I just wished I could make out what was going on.
Saltrubbed Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snakenuts wrote:
Saltrubbed Eyes wrote:

I wasnt particularly condemning the point of view. I was voicing a frustration that such a cool concept was poorly done.
Although I dont think many of us go into the film with high expectations of some sort of academy award winning script or direction. I certainly didnt. I just wished I could make out what was going on.

I wasn't really directing it at you, it was just a random opinion.

I actually feel exactly the same way about it (but I think that the concept was kinda flawed, i'd rather seperate franchises never combine into one movie, a comic book is ok though)
cochino

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get why people are so eager to shit on this new Joker film. We don't know shit about it and Joaquin Phoenix is am excellent actor.

Also, talking about new/upcoming movies, the new Halloween also looks shit. Another one that seems to completely miss what made the first one the classic it is.
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only seen the first Predator and it will remain that way. That is a classic film and why they even chose to even make spin offs of it is beyond me?

Tonight will be Upgrade. Excited.

Speaking of Howard the Duck, the film has gratuitous scenes of duck boobs, damn near bestiality and sexual references laced throughout the movie. He reads Playduck and has condoms in his wallet. Howard rules.
ManIsTheBastard

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

black dream wrote:
ManIsTheBastard wrote:
chunks wrote:
Mandy. Def style over substance but one of the rawest Nic Cage films ever Twisted Evil

Joe is a pretty decent movie that features Nicolas Cage.

How about Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans?

Not a bad movie either. The original is quite different, but I do appreciate that one as well (the original Bad Lieutenant that is).
windofpain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vomitfarm wrote:
Watched Gaspar Noe's "I stand alone." Didn't pack the punch that the first viewing did years ago, but I still enjoyed the slow decent into madness.

watch it under the heavy influence of ketamine, it'll pack a punch
mithrandir

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navajo Joe (1966) - An old Burt Reynolds movie where he plays the Indian, a pretty nasty and amoral Italian Exploitation film, lot of innocents getting killed off, score done by Ennio Morricone, simple but brutal plot, 8/10
Ough

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the subject of neo-noirs... can anyone name some that have a sci-fi or supernatural/horror twist to them as well? I'm thinking Angel Heart, Dark City or more obviously Blade Runner but fail to think of any others off the top of my head...

I think I've heard the TV show The Expanse falls into this category and I def need to check that out.

Last edited by Ough on Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Widdershins

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hymnsoftheneedlefreak wrote:
I have only seen the first Predator and it will remain that way. That is a classic film and why they even chose to even make spin offs of it is beyond me?

See Predator 2 immediately, perhaps it doesn't quite match up to the first film but it's still excellent and has the charm of all the 80's sci-fi/action movies that Orion was putting out at the time. One of the main parts of the appeal of Predator 2 was being able to see all the new Predator equipment and weapons in action as well as being set in a very violent and dystopic near future setting....plus, there is the scene at the end where you get to see the Predator's trophy room and there is blatantly a huge xenomorph skull up there which made die hard fans go crazy for years until those shitty movies came out and ruined the whole thing.

Avoid AvP and AvP Requiem like the plague, both are teeny bopper bullshit designed to be marketed to the masses, and the Predators in the first AvP are literally weaker then hell, everything is cheap looking CG, the stories are awful, the violence is tame, the list goes on. Just avoid.

Chaos Cascade / Putrescent Fog: Nuclear Cremation / Post-Mortal Desecrator tape

Chaos Cascade ‎ Distortion Crypt Blood Ritual Sessions I & II CD
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Widdershins wrote:
hymnsoftheneedlefreak wrote:

See Predator 2 immediately, perhaps it doesn't quite match up to the first film but it's still excellent and has the charm of all the 80's sci-fi/action movies that Orion was putting out at the time. One of the main parts of the appeal of Predator 2 was being able to see all the new Predator equipment and weapons in action as well as being set in a very violent and dystopic near future setting....plus, there is the scene at the end where you get to see the Predator's trophy room and there is blatantly a huge xenomorph skull up there which made die hard fans go crazy for years until those shitty movies came out and ruined the whole thing.

Avoid AvP and AvP Requiem like the plague, both are teeny bopper bullshit designed to be marketed to the masses, and the Predators in the first AvP are literally weaker then hell, everything is cheap looking CG, the stories are awful, the violence is tame, the list goes on. Just avoid.

The man speaks sense, they even give Danny glover a reason to sweat profusely early on.
cochino

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mithrandir wrote:
Navajo Joe (1966) - An old Burt Reynolds movie where he plays the Indian, a pretty nasty and amoral Italian Exploitation film, lot of innocents getting killed off, score done by Ennio Morricone, simple but brutal plot, 8/10
Really underrated Spaghetti Wester, mostly because of Reynolds himself who always said it was the worst movie he ever did, which is proof of how oblivious some artists and performers are about their own work. He probably was just bitter because it didn't do for him what A Fistful of Dollars did for Clint Eastwood.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 708, 709, 710 ... 760, 761, 762  Next
Page 709 of 762

Jump to: