P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Recent movies you watched/bought
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 549, 550, 551 ... 554, 555, 556  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evil Fifi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too Dark Park wrote:
Made in Britain (1982)

Hell of a flick.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luxixul Sumering wrote:
Tonight, movies with my girlfriend.. few weeks ago we watched American History X and I was wondering what other good hate fueled skinhead/ neo-nazi films are there were missing? Hmm so not Romper Stomper, something else we havent seen, as those are the only ones we know of.

Also it can even be about sharps too, we dont give a fuck as long as its skinhead related -- dont know why but these movies get me in the mood, with a cold beer in one hand and popcorn in the other. Very Happy

"This is England"

Buried In Ohio wrote:
anyone here signed up for movie pass or thought about it? Basically from how it's been explained to me you pay a flat monthly fee a la Netflix and you are able to purchase one movie ticket per day. You sign up, they send you a card, you download their app that uses your location. You sign in when you are physically at the theater and they load the amount of money needed for the ticket on to your card. I have a friend who has one and it seems like a pretty awesome deal (while it lasts at least).

There's a list of specific theaters so maybe not worth it if you live in a smaller market but in Chicago the selection seems pretty good. Between the major chain theater releases and all the smaller midnight movie and art house stuff I could easily see a movie a month, which would definitely make it worth it ( I think the current fee is $6.95 a month). I've read some negative press coming from larger theater chains like AMC talking about how they don't like it and potentially want to try and block its use but I can't really figure out why. They're still getting the full price of a ticket and more people in the theater means more potential concession sales. I know I'd definitely be more inclined to buy popcorn or whatever.

anyone have any experience or thoughts?

It works for smaller/independent theaters too? That seems like a steal if that's the case. I wouldn't go for it if it was only for big theaters as there's only one or two mainstream/wide release films I want to see per year these days.
Luxixul Sumering

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feuersturm wrote:
Luxixul Sumering wrote:
Tonight, movies with my girlfriend.. few weeks ago we watched American History X and I was wondering what other good hate fueled skinhead/ neo-nazi films are there were missing? Hmm so not Romper Stomper, something else we havent seen, as those are the only ones we know of.

Also it can even be about sharps too, we dont give a fuck as long as its skinhead related -- dont know why but these movies get me in the mood, with a cold beer in one hand and popcorn in the other. Very Happy

The Believer is quite good.

Watched it man! Great movie. I liked it. Thanks for the rec!!!
Ough

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone give me the lowdown on a list of best sci-fi/fantasy of 2017? Wanna make sure I didn't miss anything...

http://store.nghtrhthms.com
Graceless Recordings

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shining (Kubrick's) is playing locally this weekend as a midnight movie. STOKED.
That movie never gets old.
Buried In Ohio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
It works for smaller/independent theaters too? That seems like a steal if that's the case. I wouldn't go for it if it was only for big theaters as there's only one or two mainstream/wide release films I want to see per year these days.

For sure should be good for Logan, music box, gene siskel. Probably others as well. I said fuck it and signed up so I'll keep you posted. I'm the same, usually only a handful of wide releases draw me out per year but since I can more or less see whatever I want I wouldn't feel as bad if I went to something I'm only partially interested in.
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ough wrote:
Can someone give me the lowdown on a list of best sci-fi/fantasy of 2017? Wanna make sure I didn't miss anything...

Okja, Blade Runner, GotG2, War for the Planet of the Apes, Logan, the Shape of Water

---
Recent deals/trades with : Al Infierno, bearsbearsbears , jerry666, lordpazuzu, lunar stele, xyosefx . Feedback on ebay and discogs speaks loud.
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creep 2 was an excellent and even arguably more creepy than the first film.
Mortado

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buried In Ohio wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:

For sure should be good for Logan, music box, gene siskel. Probably others as well. I said fuck it and signed up so I'll keep you posted. I'm the same, usually only a handful of wide releases draw me out per year but since I can more or less see whatever I want I wouldn't feel as bad if I went to something I'm only partially interested in.

It's basically a MasterCard. Get to the theater, check in, then they put money for the ticket on the card for you to buy a ticket. As such it should work at any cinema that takes MasterCard. Hell of a deal, I am seeing a LOT more movies than I would otherwise. Now I can talk shit about mainstream releases from first hand experience haha.
InTheNameOfGore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have Movie Pass and now I see basically everything that comes out. Also they offered me a thing where if I pay upfront for a year it's only 7 dollars a month. Easily worth every penny.
Buried In Ohio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mortado wrote:
As such it should work at any cinema that takes MasterCard.

I thought it had to be theaters specifically on their list? I remember reading AMC was trying to block the use of movie pass but maybe that was specifically for e-tickets.

Either way I signed up for the year membership so I'll soon find out. I'm gonna be well versed in Hollywood schlock for the next year!
snakenuts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade Runner 2 is without doubt one of the most visually stunning, and "accurate", sci-fi films I've ever seen, and even as a regular film as well.

I thought it was a pretty damn good flick.
Nihilist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlevinKelevra wrote:
Ough wrote:

Okja, Blade Runner, GotG2, War for the Planet of the Apes, Logan, the Shape of Water

Only film I have yet to see is The Shape of Water, but everything else here is tip top!
In The Hour of 11:11...
Nihilist

SLUMBER ROOM= www.novisiblescars.bandcamp.com
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch "Wind River" the other night. Pretty goddamn good crime/mystery film with some beautiful scenery and brutal violence.
Nihilist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
Watch "Wind River" the other night. Pretty goddamn good crime/mystery film with some beautiful scenery and brutal violence.

Thanks for reminding me of this! Will check it out soon
In The Hour of 11:11...
Nihilist

SLUMBER ROOM= www.novisiblescars.bandcamp.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 549, 550, 551 ... 554, 555, 556  Next
Page 550 of 556

Jump to: