P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Recent movies you watched/bought
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119 ... 136, 137, 138  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryan_the_snake

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night, REPO MAN, tonight BASKET CASE. Both classics I hadn't seen in a long time (more than a decade for BC). I love the scummy, down-and-out vibe of both movies.

I saw JOE in the theater last weekend. Fucking bleak movie. I really enjoyed it but felt like shit/depressed afterwards. Great performances by all of the actors, from vets like Nick Cage to the total unknowns that make up most of the cast. Sometimes using untrained actors in a film can be jarring or distracting but not in this case. Highly recommended, even if you don't like Nick Cage as this is a very different and more subdued performance from pretty much anything else he's done before.
Heirophant.326.AV

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpectralRipper wrote:
Heirophant.326.AV wrote:

not a bad hooper. rewatched it not loo long ago. kept its charm.
hey heiro... i still remember her name was Gordana right ? ha! eventhou we were shitfaced 0-24 in brln i still remember that detail!!

haha, you obviously came through that braincell abuse better than I did! My recollection is somewhat hazy to say the least.

Anyhow, as the recent posts suggest, my GF is not a big movie buff at all, so I get the pleasure of revisiting a lot of old films I haven't watched for years in the interest of showing her stuff. At the moment I'm going through 80's video nasties as you can see. Next on the list are some of the Full Moon stuff - Subspecies, puppet master.....then moving on to Phantasm, some of the stuff Redemption re-issued/released in the 90's. Any other good suggestions for stuff which is in a similar vein but not slasher style horror? Supernatural/occult horror rather than chopping-spree?
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Entity" fits the supernatural bill quite well if your girlfriend hasn't seen it. One of the best horror films ever, IMO.
Blarted at Birth

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLUE RUIN
TOTAL SUPPORT
Necrosathanas

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vincent Price mania continues through the weekend, so far:
Tales of Terror (1962)
House of Usher (1960)
The Haunted Palace (1963)
MezzoForte

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cochino

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heirophant: you could always try some of the 60s/70s pre-slasher craze stuff.
There's this movie called Lemora: A Child's Tale of the Supernatural which is really good. The Italian stuff, of course, like Mario Bava. I'd also really reccomend Alice Sweet Alice which could be seen as sort of a proto-slasher but it's really good and has some fucked up stuff there without resorting to gore and cheap shocks. It's more in the vein of fucked up thrillers like Don't Look Now.
And of course, Hellraiser if she hasn't seen it yet.
SpectralRipper

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heirophant.326.AV wrote:
SpectralRipper wrote:
Heirophant.326.AV wrote:

hey heiro... i still remember her name was Gordana right ? ha! eventhou we were shitfaced 0-24 in brln i still remember that detail!!

haha, you obviously came through that braincell abuse better than I did! My recollection is somewhat hazy to say the least.

Anyhow, as the recent posts suggest, my GF is not a big movie buff at all, so I get the pleasure of revisiting a lot of old films I haven't watched for years in the interest of showing her stuff. At the moment I'm going through 80's video nasties as you can see. Next on the list are some of the Full Moon stuff - Subspecies, puppet master.....then moving on to Phantasm, some of the stuff Redemption re-issued/released in the 90's. Any other good suggestions for stuff which is in a similar vein but not slasher style horror? Supernatural/occult horror rather than chopping-spree?

well am more of an italo-drama-horror-western-poliziteshi enthusiast ( 60s/70s era) with occasional interest for french swedish/danish and japanese cinema of that time plus i like most U.S. horror up to the 90s apart from classic US shits from peckinpah de palma cassavetes wilder etc so these days its mostly old school cinema on my repertoare.
BUT i remeber i liked one British flick, very weird one, not the best story but some really fucked up visuals, called X-TRO. plus I recommend Scola's "bruti sporci e cattivi" at least for its weirdo-factor and great black humour. It may not be down the supernatural alley, but more of a realistic "social-horror" with style.
cochino

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpectralRipper wrote:
Scola's "bruti sporci e cattivi"

That movie is excellent
Sunnportal

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AncientSlumber wrote:
A friend recommended Drive. Didn't expect much of it (I thought it was a typical Ryan Gosling chick flick), but it was actually pretty cool.

I guess Gosling kinda has that stigma coz of his looks, but the guy is a fantastic actor. Check out Half Nelson, Fracture, and The Believer.
Sunnportal

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blarted at Birth wrote:

solid as fuck, even though my copy was missing all the norwegian subtitles.

Headhunters was good. Will check this out.
Heirophant.326.AV

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpectralRipper wrote:
Heirophant.326.AV wrote:
SpectralRipper wrote:
Heirophant.326.AV wrote:

well am more of an italo-drama-horror-western-poliziteshi enthusiast ( 60s/70s era) with occasional interest for french swedish/danish and japanese cinema of that time plus i like most U.S. horror up to the 90s apart from classic US shits from peckinpah de palma cassavetes wilder etc so these days its mostly old school cinema on my repertoare.
BUT i remeber i liked one British flick, very weird one, not the best story but some really fucked up visuals, called X-TRO. plus I recommend Scola's "bruti sporci e cattivi" at least for its weirdo-factor and great black humour. It may not be down the supernatural alley, but more of a realistic "social-horror" with style.

Yeah, I was talking about Xtro a couple of pages back. Strange film for sure. This weekends watching:

Cosmic Psychos: Blokes you can trust (documentary about Australian punk band Cosmic Psychos. Funny stuff)

Django unchained

The Entity

Dracula has risen from the grave
Heirophant.326.AV

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flash Gordon is on TV right now:

GORDONS ALIVE?
Necrosathanas

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gorgon (1964)
The Last Man on Earth (1964)
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heirophant.326.AV wrote:

The Entity

Verdict?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119 ... 136, 137, 138  Next
Page 118 of 138

Jump to: