P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Recent movies you watched/bought
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 105, 106, 107 ... 141, 142, 143  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tireheb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spectre wrote:
Blade Runner.

I've Seen it about 3 or 4 times now. Really not enjoyable overall

Blade Runner is a film you have to watch many times before starting to understand it. It's not just some ordinary friday night flick.
I have this record and can someone tell me what it sounds like, please.

"You can't hide the hook!"
Morbid Obesity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spectre wrote:
Blade Runner.

You're Batty!
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the consensus on "Inception" ?

I thought it was a fucking horrible film. Pseudo-intellectual posturing wrapped around an incredibly boring action film. The acting was atrocious, and the writing was equally bad. All the dialogue in the film was basically the actors explaining the plot to the audience, over and over and over again... the mark of a really shitty writing team. Plus, much of it's plot/philosophical musings were covered in other films.

The worst part is people saying that if you don't like it, it's because you didn't "get it"... no, I got it, it's an easy plot to follow if you're not incredibly dense (especially since they hold your hand through the entire thing). I imagine the people that were confused by the film or thought it was some profound experience are the types that go watch Fast and the Furious at the theater on opening weekend.

A "smart" film, for dumb people.

Last edited by blodhemn9 on Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
spectre

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
spectre wrote:
Blade Runner.

Blade Runner is a film you have to watch many times before starting to understand it. It's not just some ordinary friday night flick.

I wasn't suggesting I put it on for hell of it on some kind of whim. I try to go in fresh each time but the major sticking point for me is the fact that the plot moves slow as molasses. There is no driving force behind it. It's very piecemeal and individual scenes seem to go on for longer than they should. Also the fact that 8000 different versions exist and they are noticeably different does not help.
antihumanism

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qllLl8Br-K4

black lava who released This is extremely fast with shipping
Ecstatic_Horror

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:

I thought it was a fucking horrible film. Pseudo-intellectual posturing wrapped around an incredibly boring action film. The acting was atrocious, and the writing was equally bad. All the dialogue in the film was basically the actors explaining the plot to the audience, over and over and over again... the mark of a really shitty writing team. Plus, much of it's plot/philosophical musings were covered in other films.

The worst part is people saying that if you don't like it, it's because you didn't "get it"... no, I got it, it's an easy plot to follow if you're not incredibly dense (especially since they hold your hand through the entire thing). I imagine the people that were confused by the film or thought it was some profound experience are the types that go watch Fast and the Furious at the theater on opening weekend.

We must share the same brain because I could not stand it. I'm a big Christopher Nolan fan too, so I was majorly dissapointed in it.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ecstatic_Horror wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:

We must share the same brain because I could not stand it. I'm a big Christopher Nolan fan too, so I was majorly dissapointed in it.

Yep, same here (though I do think his Batman movies are bloated, but I do still enjoy them).
SunIsSilent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched Cropsey, and I can completely understand why Have a Nice Life titled one of their songs after the movie/the legend.
(But the kids ran away, saying, "You aren't very nice.")
caligulasremains

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:

when i saw it in theaters i thought it was utter shit. then when i had a completely different mindset i rented it on redbox and thought it was OK, but not as great as many make it out to be. definitely not utter shit the second time around. i like most leonardo dicaprio movies but can't stand titanic or shutter island and hate ellen page aside from trailer park boys.
don't think i'd go see it again anytime soon either. once every 5 years, give or take, is enough for me. and that says a lot for me, because when i like a movie, let alone love, i will rewatch it about half a dozen times consecutively.
bearsbearsbears

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched Valhalla Rising the other night, pretty cool film I thought. That Mikkelsen guy is quite the actor. He pulled off the silent warrior thing without it seeming forced or cheesy which was cool.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsbearsbears wrote:
Watched Valhalla Rising the other night, pretty cool film I thought. That Mikkelsen guy is quite the actor. He pulled off the silent warrior thing without it seeming forced or cheesy which was cool.
|

Have you seen "Black Death" ? Similar in mood, and released around the same time. I liked it much more than Valhalla Rising, though I did enjoy that too.
bearsbearsbears

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
bearsbearsbears wrote:
|

Have you seen "Black Death" ? Similar in mood, and released around the same time. I liked it much more than Valhalla Rising, though I did enjoy that too.

Yeah I saw that one not too long ago, it was great! It had much more engaging story than Valhalla Rising did, that's for sure.

Can anyone recommend any more worthwhile movies similar to these two? I'm a sucker for this particular setting/theme.
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpathian_Florist wrote:
Thanks for the recommendation on Sleep Tight. I watched it last night and it was uncompromising in it's delivery. The main actor was extremely convincing, and his potrayal of a creep was one of the best I have ever seen.
The ending blew me away! So fucking brutal and without any gore.

You're welcome! I really like that although it seems that not much is ever happening in the film, the story constantly surprises us and we keep wanting to see where it's going to go. It's refreshing to see a "horror" film that relies on its screenplay rather than gore nowadays.

I watched "Big Bad Wolves" last night. I really enjoyed it.
la_ciudad_podrida

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

la_ciudad_podrida wrote:
Piotr Sargnagel wrote:
Not sure if this one has been mentioned yet but it's a great film, very intense:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082933/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

Ill try to watch this tonight. It sounds really spooky.

I did end up watching this, I went with a torrent of the uncut version. Not sure if the regular version has those long convulsion scenes ( for example when she goes into a complete fit at the empty subway station) but Its great! Its very intense and uncomfortable, and I was totally pleased. Thanks for Piotr Sargnagel for posting about this one.
Sunnportal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsbearsbears wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:
bearsbearsbears wrote:
|

Yeah I saw that one not too long ago, it was great! It had much more engaging story than Valhalla Rising did, that's for sure.

Can anyone recommend any more worthwhile movies similar to these two? I'm a sucker for this particular setting/theme.

While not 100% the same i enjoyed Centurion, Ironclad, and Solomon Kane.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 105, 106, 107 ... 141, 142, 143  Next
Page 106 of 143

Jump to: