P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Recent movies you watched/bought
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 826, 827, 828 ... 884, 885, 886  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
posthuman

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bone Tomahawk, S. Craig Zahler's (former Metal Maniacs fame writer) western. Not my typical "go to" genre, but I really liked it. Great acting, good enough story and some truly gruesome scene.
Saltrubbed Eyes

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeterVenkman wrote:
The Meg, seemed pretty plausible 7/10

I was forced to watch that, at a relatives house, it was torture.

Requiem for a Dream, cool movie.
Drugstore Cowboy, also very cool.
Nihilist

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd episode of Chernobyl, wow. What an incredible show. Just so intense.
In The Hour of 11:11...
Nihilist

SLUMBER ROOM= www.novisiblescars.bandcamp.com
Nightvvolf

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detective Pikachu. Missing the carnage from the last installment in the Deadpool franchise but it was nice for the kids. Well the youngest liked it anyway.

- And silence befell the land.
Groan

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Netflix etc.:

The Shrine - a post-Hostel 'foreigners in peril in the wilds of Europe'-meets-supernatural horror sort of deal. Not as utterly terrible as most modern day stuff, but not great by any stretch, with cheesy jump scares and ugly CGI spoiling things, as per usual. Having a fair chunk of the script in un-subtitled Polish probably wasn't the best idea, either, whether the filmmakers were trying to ramp up the feelings of alienation and/or obfuscate the eventual 'twist' or not!

Howl - Brit werewolf thriller effort (with some slight black comedy touches), mostly set on a gloomy broken down train. This is OK once it finally gets going, with some decent acting and gory moments. That said, there are too many off-screen killings for my bloodthirsty tastes, which is a shame considering the fairly large amount of characters stranded on said train. The director of this actually worked on Dog Soldiers- the film this most reminded me of- but, despite the Sean Pertwee cameo, it's nowhere near as good.

DVD:

Truth or Dare?: A Critical Madness - a shot-on-video psycho slasher by Tim Ritter (who also directed things like Day of the Reaper and Killing Spree, both of which I really want to see). This one's actually a bit more ambitious and- dare I say it- 'professional' than you usually get from SOV, with car chases, explosions and the use of genuine emergency service vehicles in amidst the usual cheap gore, grimy synth score, weird acting etc. Yeah, it's derivative (the lunatic asylum escapee killer is called Mike and for about half the film he wears a creepy mask and doesn't speak- ring any bells?!), but it's solidly watchable if you're at all interested in low budget '80s crud. Make sure you switch it off before the end credits, though- the theme song is ear-bleedingly awful!
Satanachist

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched Dark season 1 for the 4th time. Will probably watch it once more before the next season comes out next month.
extinctionbehavior

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

posthuman wrote:
Bone Tomahawk, S. Craig Zahler's (former Metal Maniacs fame writer) western. Not my typical "go to" genre, but I really liked it. Great acting, good enough story and some truly gruesome scene.

Kurt Russell was awesome in that movie, I viewed it kind of like his warm up to Hateful Eight because his chops are shorter in BT. The scene you're referring to is straight up the coolest shit ever, haven't really seen much that gets as close to that level of depraved brutality. I still need to check out Dragged Across Concrete, but my hopes aren't too high since Brawl in Cell Block 99 was a steaming pile of dogshit.
Death Kvlt

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeterVenkman wrote:

fun movie - love all the nods to Jaws throughout
windofpain

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihilist wrote:

watched both episodes last night. haven't seen a show so depressing in a long time, it's incredibly bleak.

"King Dude sounds like white power Cake"
axebix

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

windofpain wrote:
Nihilist wrote:

watched both episodes last night. haven't seen a show so depressing in a long time, it's incredibly bleak.

Gonna check it out, thanks guys.
hate oath

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Bone Tomahawk a couple months ago and just couldn't get down with it. Story was too sparse and the characters too underdeveloped. It felt like it couldn't decide if it wanted to be an art film, with its slow pacing and long takes, or a horror film. I did appreciate the gore but that was about it.

Recently watched Paul Verhoeven's Elle and was highly impressed. Really interesting and fairly twisted film, plus Isabelle Huppert is always a bonus.
Hidden38

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Kvlt wrote:
PeterVenkman wrote:

fun movie - love all the nods to Jaws throughout

There was an earlier Megalodon movie that had one of my FAVORITE kill scenes, jet ski into open mouth! Skip to last 10 seconds for great laugh

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1nzd0R_OeOc

Also, have been enjoying the HBO stuff recently, namely Barry. Stephen Root is so pleasing to watch, excellent actor. Iím not one for superhero films/shows but the Watchmen series looks like it may be fun/violent, hoping HBO makes it dramatic and dark as it looks to be in the trailer.
tagradh

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logan's Run for the first time in years.

Great film.

Whatever comes after life better be populated by 1970s Jenny Agutter and Helen Mirren clones.
MorbidAsshole

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Think You Should Leave on Netflix. Hilarious comedy sketch show from a guy I've never heard of.

Looking for Randy CD comp!
The Missing Link

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MorbidAsshole wrote:
I Think You Should Leave on Netflix. Hilarious comedy sketch show from a guy I've never heard of.

Tim Robinson was a cast member on SNL, but SNL didn't think he was good on TV, so they let him as a writer for awhile. He left to make the short lived Comedy Central show Detroiters.
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1452699#1452699
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 826, 827, 828 ... 884, 885, 886  Next
Page 827 of 886

Jump to: