P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Recent movies you watched/bought
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 141, 142, 143  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ecstatic_Horror

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
No, it was at a local historic theater that does horror/sci-fi etc marathons every few months, until recently that is. They have lots of code violations and are closed at the moment

https://www.google.com/search?q=portage+theater&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ECOyUvXZG-Tc2gW-8IDAAg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1536&bih=702#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=EYSklgbKi6s5cM%3A%3BTbga7ju53DGx3M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fblog.archpaper.com%252Fwordpress%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2012%252F07%252Fportage-theater-by-reallyboring.jpeg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fblog.archpaper.com%252Fwordpress%252Farchives%252F43212%3B1024%3B681

Good luck finding a cheap copy of Society... the DVD version is $50+ on ebay. But, you can watch the whole thing on youtube luckily.

That looks awesome. A few years back I attended the yearly Weekend Of Horrors convention in Los Angeles. We got to meet the cast of House of 1000 Corpses, Pinhead(Doug Bradley), cast of Phantasm, George Romero, Leatherface(Gunnar Hansen) and a ton of others. The highlight for me was watching the panel for Masters Of Horror speak and one of the speakers was Stuart Gordon. Met Clive Barker as well and he has the worst speaking voice of all time. Those cigars have crushed his lungs..
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds awesome. I need to attend one of those big conventions one of these days.
Sunnportal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fist Of Legend.

As great as i expected. Might try Iron Monkey next.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/fist-of-legend/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfZXiw-lgMs
euroboy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very very good.

blodhemn9

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

euroboy wrote:
Very very good.

Broken link. What is it?
euroboy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upst.. The Best Offer

blodhemn9

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard good things about it. Need to check it out.
satanic ritual abuse

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buried In Ohio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
I need to attend one of those big conventions one of these days.

Honestly conventions are kind of lame. All the merchandise there is super over priced. Lots of the "stars" charge you WAAAAAAY more than they should for their signature and 5 minutes of conversation. Some of them won't even allow you to bring your own stuff to sign, you have to buy one of their shitty prints. And to top it all off they act like you're putting them out by stuffing $20 bills at a time down their bloated corpse because you were a fan of their career 20 years ago. When they should be thankful anyone even gives a fuck about them still. *cough*tomsavini*cough* Obviously this doesn't apply to all of them but it's definitely some of them. And you won't really be able to tell until your money is in their pocket.

Overall the atmosphere is pretty cool I guess. It's cool to see people dressed up in crazy costumes. There's usually some decent artists selling prints (though once again at convention prices). It's not completely void of entertainment but just not usually worth the price of admission in my opinion.
Mortado

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buried In Ohio wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:
I need to attend one of those big conventions one of these days.

Honestly conventions are kind of lame. All the merchandise there is super over priced. Lots of the "stars" charge you WAAAAAAY more than they should for their signature and 5 minutes of conversation. Some of them won't even allow you to bring your own stuff to sign, you have to buy one of their shitty prints.

This is so true. I've been to a number of them and have only given money to George Romero and Roddy Piper to sign stuff. My strategy for getting things signed without paying is to find out where they are hanging out after the signing is done, most are happy to sign an item or two then for free (or in the case of Jason Mewes who asked for a smoke) provided they did well at their tables. A lot of them can be found in nearby bars so much better conversations can be had with them as well. Almost everyone seems happy to merely take a photo with you if you play the broke card which I do frequently Smile

Ebay is to blame for it, when I was going to Fangoria shows in the early 90s they only charged if you bought their merch and would sign your own items for free, even Tom Savini. Enter Ebay and people selling their signed stuff so it's somwehat natural that they would want a cut.
Buried In Ohio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah that's a good point, not sure I've ever seen someone turn down a photo. I have to say that the majority of them seem like genuinely nice people and are very courteous.

I don't really care for the whole meet and greet thing at all really but I have several friends who do so I'm usually the sucker who has to keep them company in line. I remember one time my friend wanted to meet Doug Jones so we went up to his booth. No one was there so he greeted us when we arrived. Like I said for the most part I don't really give a shit about meeting actors so I just sort of smiled and nodded at him. He was selling prints and then offering to sign them so my friend bought one and had about a 5 minute conversation with him about Hellboy or Pan's Labyrinth or something. I was half paying attention to the conversation but mostly I was looking around the hall for booths that might be worth my time to visit. They wrap up their conversation and Doug leans in to give my friend a hug. Then he turns to me and says "and you!" and leans in to give me a hug...only he proceeds to cradle my head during this hug like we were two lost lovers that hadn't seen each other in years. I seriously had not said a single word to him during the entire time.
ryan_the_snake

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notorious no-budget shot on video blaxploitation horror about a possessed ventriloquist dummy that rapes a woman. One of the weirdest movies I've ever seen. Love it or hate it, it's unforgettable.
Garcia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Rotton Cotton affiliated Film-project...
VATRA I SUMPOR

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week:

Them!
It Came From The Beneath The Sea
Attack Of The Giant Leeches
The Monolith Monsters
Lost Continent
The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms
The Beast of Hollow Mountain

Giant Leeches sucked, Continent unclimactic, everything else was great!
Garcia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VATRA I SUMPOR wrote:

Last week:

Them!
It Came From The Beneath The Sea
Attack Of The Giant Leeches
The Monolith Monsters
Lost Continent
The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms
The Beast of Hollow Mountain

Giant Leeches sucked, Continent unclimactic, everything else was great!

That frame still is from "The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms" isn't it?
Black and White Cult movie...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 141, 142, 143  Next
Page 82 of 143

Jump to: