P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Recent movies you watched/bought
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 790, 791, 792 ... 851, 852, 853  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Widdershins

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fulci's Touch of Death. Darkly comic, strange, and somewhat gory...not my favorite work of his but never the less good.

Nächtlich ‎– Twin Pillars Of Nocturnal Hatred lp

Maniac Butcher- Barbarians cassette

Chaos Cascade / Putrescent Fog: Nuclear Cremation / Post-Mortal Desecrator tape
windofpain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

watched The Piano Teacher a few nights ago, it was screened at an independent theatre here

one of the best films Haneke has made, and Isabelle Huppert's performance is one of the best in any modern film, in my opinion.

"King Dude sounds like white power Cake"
snakenuts

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Suspiria (2018) and The Sisters Brothers (2018).

I haven't seen the original Suspiria for a long time, so I can't make comment from a comparative perspective, but I can make the suggestion that the attempts in the new one to be nostalgic and artistic are too over the top and do not really make the heavy-handed premise any more suspenseful or poignant. It seemed a waste. And the final act seemed a bit phoned-in.
Having said that, I felt it was an OK movie, and deserves about an admirable 6.5 out of 10.

Also, if anyone has any recommendations for movies with similar themes about witches or witches covens (except The VVitch), that'd be great.

On the other hand, I really liked The Sisters Brothers. It was a pretty faithful adaptation of the book, although there were some liberties taken in the film.
Its a modern western without some of the themes of nationalism or machoism that many westerns deal with. The performances were pretty good for the characters they portrayed, and some good cinematography as well.
I'd give it an 8 out of 10.
cochino

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a movie about a modern day clandestine covenant of female witches like in Suspiria, you should give Silent Night, Deadly Night 4 a chance. No need to watch any of the other movies in the series, since it's a sequel in name only and in the long run, it's been detrimental to the film since I think it'd be more of a cult hit if people didn't think it was yet another shitty sequel.
It's as weird and entertaining as you can expect from a Brian Yuzna/Screaming Mad George collaboration, and has a great performance by Clint Howard (as always).
snakenuts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cochino wrote:
If you want a movie about a modern day clandestine covenant of female witches like in Suspiria, you should give Silent Night, Deadly Night 4 a chance. No need to watch any of the other movies in the series, since it's a sequel in name only and in the long run, it's been detrimental to the film since I think it'd be more of a cult hit if people didn't think it was yet another shitty sequel.
It's as weird and entertaining as you can expect from a Brian Yuzna/Screaming Mad George collaboration, and has a great performance by Clint Howard (as always).

kind of like Halloween 3?
Thanks for the recommendation, sounds good!
cochino

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snakenuts wrote:
kind of like Halloween 3?
Thanks for the recommendation, sounds good!
Exactly, both parts 4 and 5 have nothing to do with the rest of the Silent Night... saga other than being set around Christmas. And in part 4, even that is kinda forced in and has very little to do with the rest of the plot. It's a very underrated and overlooked movie.
windofpain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audition (1999)

went to see a screening last night at the same theatre I saw The Piano Teacher last week. haven't watched Audition in over a decade, was cool seeing it in a proper theatre. slow burner but a classic.

"King Dude sounds like white power Cake"
Saltrubbed Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cochino wrote:

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm also interested in this kind of subject.
moorgrave

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caught giardia after i fell in the creek hiking so i watched Terminator and T2 back to back while i recovered after being in the middle of a digestive tug-of-war match. astounding movies that have held up so well over time. not to mention the quantum mechanics in these films is airtight. maybe the two best movies ever made.
mithrandir

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possum - minimalist horror/suspense, the music along with the background and natural landscape is used to create feelings of unease, not much to it, slow not even sure I would say it was rewarding, but it was a decent/different kind of watch 6.5/10
cochino

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, shit. I didn't know Matthew Holness had made a movie. I'm gonna have to watch it.
Too Dark Park

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Unknown Soldier - Tuntematon Sotilas (2017)
mithrandir

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alita: Battle Angel - It was a pretty solid Sci/Fi action movie. Nothing really new but simple and to the point! CGI was easy on the eyes, neat styff, I esp liked the ROLLERball game! haha Very Happy
snakenuts

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mithrandir wrote:
Alita: Battle Angel - It was a pretty solid Sci/Fi action movie. Nothing really new but simple and to the point! CGI was easy on the eyes, neat styff, I esp liked the ROLLERball game! haha Very Happy

I certainly hope there’s more to that scene than what’s shown in the trailer. seems like they put the entire thing in it.
Jewdozer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had zero expectations for Battle Angel Alita, but it was a lot of fun actually. Big budget scifi like new Star Wars seem to have no soul these days, so Alita was a nice surprise.

Strigoi wrote:
i remember social help in Denmark just give him money to eat hot dogs!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 790, 791, 792 ... 851, 852, 853  Next
Page 791 of 853

Jump to: