P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Recent movies you watched/bought
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 141, 142, 143  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cedric

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dune is great Lynch movie!!!

Currently watching the Babylon 5 series. Recommended.
Necrophagia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I "had to" start watching Breaking Bad because everybody was going crazy about it... Nothing special up to now but I guess it will get better(?).
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Necrophagia wrote:
I "had to" start watching Breaking Bad because everybody was going crazy about it... Nothing special up to now but I guess it will get better(?).

Whats 'special' about any TV series?

The show is just a fairly decent (that means better than the usual big brother or whatever other reality tripe is on the air)

American Horror Story
Sons of Anarchy
Breaking Bad
The Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
Dead Like Me

Meh... my list of TV series of late that I can actually watch without turning off immediately... does not imply they are perfect though Laughing
Just means they are the only things I have found on TV worth watching, or turning an album off for Wink
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Necrophagia wrote:

It will really get better by the 3rd season, and hit genius level in season 4.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Mass Ritual wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:
Fuck Tim Burton. Fuck him in asshole with a big rubber dick.

HAHAHA! ...........but you have to like Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

I do indeed like that one. But fuck off to his faux outsider art tailor made for mall girls.
ChrisWitchhammer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Necrophagia wrote:

It certainly does! Get to the end of Season 2 for things to start to get interesting...
Stormheit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Necrophagia wrote:

Whats 'special' about any TV series?

The show is just a fairly decent (that means better than the usual big brother or whatever other reality tripe is on the air)

American Horror Story
Sons of Anarchy
Breaking Bad
The Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
Dead Like Me

Meh... my list of TV series of late that I can actually watch without turning off immediately... does not imply they are perfect though Laughing
Just means they are the only things I have found on TV worth watching, or turning an album off for Wink

As well as in case of films, I was never really into TV series. Those that I watched several times were X-files and Twin Peaks, both because of their haunting, opressive and dark atmosphere. I tried American Horror Story too because of recommendations and it was not bad, but both seasons end were fucked up with these funny and happy endings (especially the first one).

Besides these, any recommendations for series in the similar vein? The Outer Limits were great as far as I remember but have not checked that for many years now.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twin Peaks and The X-Files were indeed both very good during their time. Oz (that prison show was good too for a HBO series)

As for material like The Outer Limits... only one I know was The Twilight Zone, which I think was before Outer Limits and is what Outer Limits was continued from? Cool

As for the X-Files, try the show 'Fringe'
Carpathian_Florist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched two episodes of Breaking Bad. For a guy that does not watch T.V. at all, I must say the show was very interesting. Intelligent, clumsy, and not to mention Jessie's neighbor was extremely HOT!
Stormheit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Twin Peaks and The X-Files were indeed both very good during their time. Oz (that prison show was good too for a HBO series)

As for material like The Outer Limits... only one I know was The Twilight Zone, which I think was before Outer Limits and is what Outer Limits was continued from? Cool

As for the X-Files, try the show 'Fringe'

Thx for the recommendations, I will try to check them out.
Dismal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stormheit wrote:

As well as in case of films, I was never really into TV series. Those that I watched several times were X-files and Twin Peaks, both because of their haunting, opressive and dark atmosphere. I tried American Horror Story too because of recommendations and it was not bad, but both seasons end were fucked up with these funny and happy endings (especially the first one).

Besides these, any recommendations for series in the similar vein? The Outer Limits were great as far as I remember but have not checked that for many years now.

I recommend the HBO show Carnivale, if you liked Twin peaks. Well worth a watch, although it was cancelled after the second series..

You'll probably recognise Michael J. Anderson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULnRnUUCRi0
Stormheit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dismal wrote:
Stormheit wrote:

I recommend the HBO show Carnivale, if you liked Twin peaks. Well worth a watch, although it was cancelled after the second series..

Yeah, I recognized him immediately when he was on the screen. Thanks for that one too, try to check it out.
Sunnportal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stormheit wrote:
David Lynch - Inland Empire

The last dark and twisted obscure masterpiece from this really influential director. Usually I don't really watch anthing, but works of Lynch are essential for me. Those who don't know them I advise to check out Eraserhead, Mulholland Drive, Lost Highway and Blue Velvet besides his last magnum opus. And no need to mention the mighty Twin Peaks serieg I guess.

Finally watching Inland Empire this week. I've been putting it off because of the bad reviews it got.
Stormheit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is very hard and chaotic to follow, after you watched it you might look for some interpretations. If you think Mulholland Drive and Lost Highway were chaotic and hard to understand, than it will be harder to digest. Those who are into Lynch and his dark and obscure art should appreciate this. If you haven't seen the two above mentioned masterpieces, I recommend you to check those out before start watching Inland Empire!
Kapalika

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dismal wrote:
Stormheit wrote:

I second the Carnivale recommendation! Donīt think it has too much in common with Twin Peaks though. A pity it was cancelled.
Anyway, an interesting/unusual mystical story set in the 1920īs depression era which makes up for a cool viewing experience.

On a side note: The costumes and also the slang of the period are really well-researched.

Deadwood was enjoyable but I have a soft spot/hard-on for Westerns.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 141, 142, 143  Next
Page 69 of 143

Jump to: