P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Holocausto “War Metal Massacre” LP/CD/TS Out Now
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Holocausto “War Metal Massacre” LP/CD/TS Out Now Reply with quote

Holocausto “War Metal Massacre” LP/CD/TS
ANTI-GOTH 324

24″x24″ Poster:

Regular black vinyl LP:

Wholesale red vinyl LP:

Die Hard green vinyl LP:

CD:

TS:

(Description by C. Conrad)
It is extremely rare that a band is able to recapture a sound that it first established over thirty years ago but then lost in the process of its evolution on later recordings. With its original lineup in the mid-1980s, Holocausto was instrumental in the development of the unique strain of black metal that emerged from the Minas Gerais region of Brazil at that time. Known as the original “deathcore” to the most seasoned veterans of that scene and those who have come to understand it from a historical perspective, this variety of metal shares nothing in common with the abomination that the term has come to more typically represent in the present day. Instead, it is the savage brand of black metal, primarily popularized by the infamous SarcóI_LOVE_PENIS, which repeatedly pushes itself to the brink of total musical disintegration before somehow managing to resist its own self-annihilation.
Holocausto’s role in the emergence of Brazilian deathcore notwithstanding, the band largely abandoned this sound following the release of its incomparable debut album, “Campo de Exterminio,” in 1987. What followed was a period of many years of experimentation with a more standard variety of thrash metal over the course of four subsequent albums. Regardless of whatever reasons may have led to this stylistic mutation, the chaotic violence of their earlier songwriting and performance was effectively condemned to a state of dormancy that few would have predicted to ever reemerge.
Now, three decades after the release of the essential “Warfare Noise” compilation, on which the band contributed two of its earliest songs, Holocausto triumphantly returns to its earlier pioneering sound with its original lineup of Rodrigo Fuhrer (vocals), Valério Exterminator (guitars), Anderson Guerrilheiro (bass and vocals), and Nedson Warfare (drums). Nuclear War Now! is honored to have been chosen to play an integral role in Holocausto’s resurrection, with this release of “War Metal Massacre,” the band’s sixth album, but only the first since its debut to follow in the Minas Gerais deathcore tradition. Although it is short by modern standards, this album overcompensates in intensity for what it lacks in length, delivering one of the most remarkable and authentic recordings of a reunited metal band in memory. The first three songs, which comprise Side A of the LP version, are re-recordings of the “Massacre” demo track from 1985 and the two tracks first committed to tape on the “Warfare Noise” compilation from 1986. A quick comparison between one of these reinterpreted songs and its original version immediately verifies the band’s return to its roots. Even more importantly, the three new songs on the album confirm Holocausto’s ability to have recaptured its original, feral songwriting capacity. Immediately following the ominous air raid sirens of the intro to Side B, “Eu Sou a Guerra” launches into the same unbridled havoc that characterized their early recordings and one which reflects the orchestrated chaos of true warfare. This aural fury, which appropriately earns the band’s sound the often-misplaced moniker of “war metal,” continues throughout the remainder of the album, a fact which is certain to please the strictest conservationists of old Brazilian black metal. In short, “War Metal Massacre” heralds the second-coming of a band and sound that until now had been expected to exist only as a relic of the past.

-Regular LP version black vinyl with jacket, insert, and 24″x24″ poster.
-Die Hard LP version olive green vinyl with jacket, insert, 24″x24″ poster, patch and sticker.
-Wholesale LP version red vinyl is available in increments of 5 red and 5 black LPs.

T Shirts are printed on Gildan brand TS with aqueous and discharge ink. Back quote by Niccolò Machiavelli.

-LISTEN-

Click here to order.

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

CR99

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

getting dis
anthares

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
getting dis
Ethylic Overkill

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already on their way to IBP ?
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but there might be an issue with the lp having the wrong music on it. A friend who picked up a copy over the weekend said it has blasphemy pressed on there instead. I left for work so I haven't had the chance to check. I hope he's joking...

Acid Orgy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Yes but there might be an issue with the lp having the wrong music on it. A friend who picked up a copy over the weekend said it has blasphemy pressed on there instead. I left for work so I haven't had the chance to check. I hope he's joking...

Shocked Crying or Very sad
markos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was suspicious, but this actually sounds pretty great.
morbidrites

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acid Orgy wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:

glad I waited to order. Please confirm/deny these rumors when info is available.
throneofmight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

morbidrites wrote:
Acid Orgy wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:

glad I waited to order. Please confirm/deny these rumors when info is available.

OK, I'm going to wait too. Confused
Shiru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

morbidrites wrote:
Acid Orgy wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:

In worsest case you will get rare item that you can keep or sell for higher price in the end
CR99

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiru wrote:
morbidrites wrote:
Acid Orgy wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:

In worsest case you will get rare item that you can keep or sell for higher price in the end

because that's what matters.
Very Little Fun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will buy CD and LP because I am a fucking fan boy for this band.

Hopefully that mixup didnt happen with the LP's! What a fucking mess it would be.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Little Fun wrote:

Hopefully that mixup didnt happen with the LP's! What a fucking mess it would be.

Unfortunately it seems to be a real mix up according to my friend. He said he wasn't joking. Sad

Good thing is that GZ should be able to fix this quickly. The bad thing is that I have to now deal with people who ordered the LP and the distributors that got LPs drop shipped to them.

thetruekvasirsblood

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will there be a 10x wholesale of the CD added to the shop or do I have to e-mail direct for that?

Hypgnosis Rex | DISANNULLETH, MOHAREBEH, BESTIAL WHORE, MORE!!! [12/13]
funeral-records

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Very Little Fun wrote:

Unfortunately it seems to be a real mix up according to my friend. He said he wasn't joking. Sad

Good thing is that GZ should be able to fix this quickly. The bad thing is that I have to now deal with people who ordered the LP and the distributors that got LPs drop shipped to them.

I want to know how GZ can mess up something like this. Where did this Blasphemy master even come from for them to press this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: