P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Contributors for WOAF zine wanted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buarainech

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:55 am    Post subject: Contributors for WOAF zine wanted Reply with quote

Having realised the limitations of how much I can write on my own I have decided to bring more writers on board to War On All Fronts zine to better achieve the task of trying to codify a whole year of underground Metal releases. I made a pretty decent attempt of that on my own in 2013 but for 2014 I want to do even better.

Degtyarov from Black Ivory Tower zine and Luis from Hell Bent For Metal/Masters Of The Pit and a few unknown writers are already on board but I think we could still do with one or two more contributors for reviews. Here is what I'm looking for.

-Previous experience writing for a fanzine or website would be helpful but not essential. A degree in a humanities or social science subject would be just as good if not better to be honest given that the WOAF style is all about analysis, context and criticism rather than plain description. If you have any examples of your work send them, if not I can give you a sample piece to do in order to see if you're right for us.

-A good breadth of knowledge of Metal. In particular at the moment I'm looking for someone interested in Black/Death Metal and old school Death Metal. Other sub-genres we have pretty well-covered at this point but we may have other stuff for you to cover.

-English as a first language isn't necessary but a good grasp of it is needed. I'm not obsessed with grammar as rules are made to broken if you wan't to get a point across. If you wan't start a sentence with "And" then do it. If I think something needs to be edited to read better than I will do it so I don't want anyone who will bitch about that.

-Someone who can adapt to the WOAF style. Everyone has their own nuances but I do want to have some level of consistency between the various contributors.

-Someone who can work independently. I discuss with you releases that are open for review, we agree on what you will contribute and you work on it. We have one deadline which will be a few days before Christmas. I have no time to be constantly emailing you reminders so I am only interested in people who are good self-motivators.

-Someone who understands the financial realities of fanzines. WOAF has never been significantly profitable. If this edition goes into multiple print runs then you might see a bit of money for your efforts but otherwise understand that a thank you and a few beers if I happen to know you personally/meet you at a festival is the best I can do.

Interested parties can message me here or email me at; buarainech88@gmail.com
Buarainech

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last call for this. Any takers?
Onge Bakstra

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see if I can find some fresh recruits this week.
Black Ivory Tower zine #1 - 'Interbellum' available now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: