P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

PYREXIA - Hatredangerandisgust
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Final Holocaust

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:06 am    Post subject: PYREXIA - Hatredangerandisgust Reply with quote

Could've done well with the Repress Wishing Well, but I think this MCD deserves a topic in its own merit. God knows Sermon... is godly, but this stuff does not suppose any letdown... thoughts on it? When will Pathos reissue it again (no digipack, please)?
mithrandir

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 out of the 3 songs are on that Cruelty Beyond Submission CD,

and from what I heard Sermon of Mockery is going to get a 3rd repress, this time by Century Media, sometime this year
Acid Orgy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mithrandir wrote:
and from what I heard Sermon of Mockery is going to get a 3rd repress, this time by Century Media, sometime this year

On vinyl too?
mithrandir

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that I don't know, the CD reissue info I just got from Dwyer/Pathos, but I wouldn't be surprised of Century Media did an LP considering their recent track record
la_ciudad_podrida

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really need to get a real copy of sermon of mockery.

my cars 6-cd changer has been frozen shut for like 3 years. the other day when I was driving it ejected and I am able to listen to the cds again. I rediscovered sermon of mockery through an old burned cdr and I can't get enough.

Off topic, Mithrandir, could you possibly recommend any brutal/slamming kind of stuff like early Internal Bleeding and Pyrexia? I really dug your suggestions on the brutal death metal thread and I feel like your the guy who could steer me in the right direction regarding this. I'm really looking for that kind of slow/mid paced brutal death metal with caveman chugging riffs.
Roc

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This EP rules and is my favorite Pyrexia recording, next to Sermon of Mockery. A reissue would be awesome.

la_ciudad_podrida wrote:

Off topic, Mithrandir, could you possibly recommend any brutal/slamming kind of stuff like early Internal Bleeding and Pyrexia? I really dug your suggestions on the brutal death metal thread and I feel like your the guy who could steer me in the right direction regarding this. I'm really looking for that kind of slow/mid paced brutal death metal with caveman chugging riffs.

Hey, I'm not sure if you've ever heard of Repudilation, but they were a a good band from around here (Long Island) back in the 90's. Coincidentally my friend Matty who was the guitar player in that band died a week ago. Sucks.

Repudilation - Eternal Depridation
http://youtu.be/tm5qo3WhRkY

Then Repudilation broke up and formed a band named 420. Another really good band.

420 (NY) - Reality (1998)
http://youtu.be/K-BfL1yRB6s

420 - Unreleased Album (George Torres on drums and Brian Hobbie on bass)
http://youtu.be/nPr8gtvXQXs

I assume you've probably heard of those bands before though. And Scattered Remnants I'd imagine?

Scattered Remnants - Amidst The Afterbirth [Inherent Perversion 1995]
http://youtu.be/tUk-tvGTzVE

Then there is Baphomet which you may know from Dying Fetus covering them on the Grotesque Impalement EP.

Baphomet- The dead shall inherit [Full Album] (1992)
http://youtu.be/8KYVc6b2PTY

Anyway yeah, I guess you've probably heard of all these bands before. If not, you might like them if you're looking for stuff similar to IB.
la_ciudad_podrida

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ thanks for posting these, and other than Baphomet and Scattered Remnants, Ive never listened to any of these bands. That Baphomet album, I never thought of it in the same vein as this kind of stuff but listening to it again right now, I think it totally fits. Repudilation is the exact kind of thing I was looking for. thanks again.
Roc

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

la_ciudad_podrida wrote:
^ thanks for posting these, and other than Baphomet and Scattered Remnants, Ive never listened to any of these bands. That Baphomet album, I never thought of it in the same vein as this kind of stuff but listening to it again right now, I think it totally fits. Repudilation is the exact kind of thing I was looking for. thanks again.

Awesome man, glad to hear that! I'm about to go to sleep, but if you want to pm me your email I'd be glad to send you the Repud demo and other recordings tomorrow.
mithrandir

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

la_ciudad_podrida wrote:

yup, I'll double down on Repudilation and all the other stuff Roc mentioned, he knows!

few other suggestions:

Immortal Suffering: a must! especially their split CD with Insatanity, they also released a discography CD last year called: Images of Immortal Damnation

Afterbirth: 93/94 NYDM, might be one of the first pure SBDM bands to exist, they also put out a discography CD last year called: Foeticidal Embryo Harvestation

Disciples of Berkowitz: mid90s Groovy Tuff Guy NYDM, you like Pyrexia, early Dying Fetus, Internal Bleeding, etc this should be up yer alley!

Entorturement: usually sighted as the first Wigger Slam, you'll loose IQ points listening to these guys, I swear! they also have connections to Repudilation and 420

Sintury: I mentioned these guys before, ultra mean TXDM,

Dehumanized: a good 2ndtier NYDM act from the late 90s, a band who upped the ante in terms of slam ratio

Eternal Suffering: fairly underrated band from the mid/late 90s Boston, Mass, like Scattered Remnants, they also have a bit of Death/Doom to their sound in addition to some groove, brutal slams, etc. they have a partial discography CD out which covers all of their essential stuff: Recollections of Tragedy & Misery
eldera777

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acid Orgy wrote:
mithrandir wrote:

On vinyl too?

I asked the band and the confirmed me that this will be re-released on cd and vinyl format !!! Very Happy
Acid Orgy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eldera777 wrote:
Acid Orgy wrote:
mithrandir wrote:

On vinyl too?

I asked the band and the confirmed me that this will be re-released on cd and vinyl format !!! Very Happy

Cool! Also, this is one of the very few albums where a remix/remaster would be nice.
Sacrificulus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mithrandir wrote:
la_ciudad_podrida wrote:

yup, I'll double down on Repudilation and all the other stuff Roc mentioned, he knows!

few other suggestions:

Immortal Suffering: a must! especially their split CD with Insatanity, they also released a discography CD last year called: Images of Immortal Damnation

Afterbirth: 93/94 NYDM, might be one of the first pure SBDM bands to exist, they also put out a discography CD last year called: Foeticidal Embryo Harvestation

Disciples of Berkowitz: mid90s Groovy Tuff Guy NYDM, you like Pyrexia, early Dying Fetus, Internal Bleeding, etc this should be up yer alley!

Entorturement: usually sighted as the first Wigger Slam, you'll loose IQ points listening to these guys, I swear! they also have connections to Repudilation and 420

Sintury: I mentioned these guys before, ultra mean TXDM,

Dehumanized: a good 2ndtier NYDM act from the late 90s, a band who upped the ante in terms of slam ratio

Eternal Suffering: fairly underrated band from the mid/late 90s Boston, Mass, like Scattered Remnants, they also have a bit of Death/Doom to their sound in addition to some groove, brutal slams, etc. they have a partial discography CD out which covers all of their essential stuff: Recollections of Tragedy & Misery

nice list! 101 of 90s NYish slammy death metal. It doesn't get much better than that, at least for me.

Maybe some Disfigured - Prelude To Dementia too. If you wanna go totally wigger you might as well check out Soils Of Fate from Sweden. Heavily NY influenced as well and groovy as fuck.
mithrandir

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks man! and if anyone wants to tear up their Black Metal card and go down the path of a true knuckle-dragger, there always my rym list Wink :
https://rateyourmusic.com/list/TheTrueMithrandir/slam__the_perks_of_being_a_knuckle_dragger/
Roc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mithrandir wrote:

Awesome man, you're suggestions are on point also!!

Sacrificulus wrote:

nice list! 101 of 90s NYish slammy death metal. It doesn't get much better than that, at least for me.

Maybe some Disfigured - Prelude To Dementia too. If you wanna go totally wigger you might as well check out Soils Of Fate from Sweden. Heavily NY influenced as well and groovy as fuck.

Agreed on both Disfigured and Soils of Fate! One of my closest friends, Andrew, actually wrote most of the guitar riffs on Prelude to Dementia and recorded the guitar tracks. Unfortunately he was kicked out of the band before the cd was put out for missing a show, and they didn't include him in the credits. Only reason he missed the show is because we didn't have cars at the time and he missed the bus! haha little tidbit of NYDM for ya lol

Another band worth checking out is Vomit Remnants from Japan. Total NYDM slam worship also.
la_ciudad_podrida

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome reccomandations and cool RYM list Mithrandir. any us distros still have thar Repudilation comp? nothing came up on Metal Detektor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: