P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Black Tower "The Secret Fire" (punk/NWOBHM)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dalecooper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:29 am    Post subject: Black Tower "The Secret Fire" (punk/NWOBHM) Reply with quote

The first preview track from Black Tower's debut "The Secret Fire" is streaming on Decibel's site. This is "Death March": http://decibelmagazine.com/blog/2015/3/31/maiden-meets-middle-earth-exclusive-black-tower-video-premiere

The band is a blend of NWOBHM, punk (especially the melodic kind pioneered by Bad Religion), and even a little black metal. It's proudly geeky music, with lyrics based on J.R.R. Tolkien. The CD will be out from Unspeakable Axe on June 2, bearing art (above) by Danille Gauvin; LP will be handled by No Idea Records around the same time.
black aspirin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This preview track is damn cool. Despite the relatively dark melodicism and tone of the song overall it still conveys that youthful vigor that I dig in a lot of the NWoBHM classics from that genre's golden age. These guys (and gal) have charm.
DIVERGENTSERIES

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Black Tower "The Secret Fire" (punk/NWOBHM) Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:

The first preview track from Black Tower's debut "The Secret Fire" is streaming on Decibel's site. This is "Death March": http://decibelmagazine.com/blog/2015/3/31/maiden-meets-middle-earth-exclusive-black-tower-video-premiere

The band is a blend of NWOBHM, punk (especially the melodic kind pioneered by Bad Religion), and even a little black metal. It's proudly geeky music, with lyrics based on J.R.R. Tolkien. The CD will be out from Unspeakable Axe on June 2, bearing art (above) by Danille Gauvin; LP will be handled by No Idea Records around the same time.

Confusing art and logo aside (looks like fantasy crust mall thrash??) how can it be NWOBHM if they're Canadian?

Will check it out later...hoping it sounds a little like the first English Dogs lp.

After such a loud shitting in own pants it would be wise to disappear forever.

"Bez práce nejsou koláče."
dalecooper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Black Tower "The Secret Fire" (punk/NWOBHM) Reply with quote

DIVERGENTSERIES wrote:

Confusing art and logo aside (looks like fantasy crust mall thrash??) how can it be NWOBHM if they're Canadian?

NWOCHM?

Quote:
Will check it out later...hoping it sounds a little like the first English Dogs lp.

Honestly I'm not sure what to liken it to. It doesn't sound a ton like anything else that I usually listen to. The vocals are a little Witchfinder General by way of modern punk rock, with explicitly black metal aspects; the music is somewhere between NWO(?)HM and punk as well. All I know is that I can't get it out of my head, so I figured I better release it.
DIVERGENTSERIES

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Black Tower "The Secret Fire" (punk/NWOBHM) Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
DIVERGENTSERIES wrote:

NWOCHM?

Quote:

... All I know is that I can't get it out of my head, so I figured I better release it.

That's the best reason to release things!

After such a loud shitting in own pants it would be wise to disappear forever.

"Bez práce nejsou koláče."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: